ForlornCreature
Cannon Fodder
Location: Checking back in between animations for Warhead's follow up to ZZD

Brikwars: Animated - Turn 3

Post by ForlornCreature » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:30 am

Top Thread

Watch Here

Overviews:

At least this turn not all of the kills were explosions. Aoffan's Merc speeder was totalled, but he still has 3 guys, Dilanski lost a stormtrooper and has four left, the DSM led by sloopofwar moved up, and everyone else just kinda sat around. I kinda forgot to move the aliens, will fix that at the start of the next turn. Also, Naussica controls the Stormtrooper reinforcements.

Now for sum fuzzy pics:

I should use my Mum's giant fancy camera instead, it's probably better quality, but these suck also because I have unsteady hands.

Does anyone know how to embed videos?
Oh, if you think you're hearing Halo 3 sound effects in the video, keep quiet, and if anyone asks, it's 'machinima'

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:05 am

Awesome as always. When the battle is done you should put all the turns together into one continous movie.

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:38 am

Arkbrik wrote:Awesome as always. When the battle is done you should put all the turns together into one continous movie.
Exactly my thoughts.
Lovely how the vehice got cut in half!
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

Sloopofwar
Minifig

Post by Sloopofwar » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:39 am

Local factions.....CHARGE!

RJ
Galidor
Galidor

Post by RJ » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:04 am

Wow, that vehicle cut was awesome.
dilanski wrote:Have your imaginary balls exploded all over the keypad or something?

lrdofbricks
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lrdofbricks » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:46 pm

KICKASS
LEGION- fear it
the 100000 post- by me
"manliness= X(warhead+piltog)^2/James+burgandy"

ForlornCreature
Cannon Fodder

Post by ForlornCreature » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:24 am

Oh yeah, send in orders.
About the continuous edit thing, I won't be able to use the raw footage files because they are giant AVI files that I have to delete after editing, so I'll have to use the final cuts and redo all the sound so I can sync the music, so I guess from now on I'll make one cut with and one without music.

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:40 am

The first time I see the power of the OTC in an animated BrikWar... I cried a manly tear.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

ForlornCreature
Cannon Fodder

Post by ForlornCreature » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:47 am

I reckon I could have made it more apparent that he was actually using an orange chainsaw, but thanks for teh compliment Pes!

ForlornCreature
Cannon Fodder

Post by ForlornCreature » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:17 am

ForlornCreature (on going away/coming back) wrote:Going away for a week, will probably only be able to make one more Brikwars: Animated turn when I get back before I have to take apart the set because it's in the spare room and someone is staying over for 3 weeks. I promise I will make up for it with a new battle or something that can hold it's own even it it weren't animated.
Did anyone read that?

RJ
Galidor
Galidor

Post by RJ » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:21 am

So, no more BrikWars animated?
dilanski wrote:Have your imaginary balls exploded all over the keypad or something?

Scottsamn
Cannon Fodder

Post by Scottsamn » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:28 am

Out of curiosity, what was that song?
"I loved smoking that bastard"
-My mother, concerning an anoying squirle.
"I think his mate saw me. *BANG BANG BANG* Yes, yes he did."- The Sniper

ForlornCreature
Cannon Fodder

Post by ForlornCreature » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:51 am

@RJ I guess so, I will most definetely make a new (better) one (with some actual DSM that I just got), but at the moment I'm not even sure I can pull off another turn. I'll see what I can do, and then have the allies set off a nuclear bomb and wack in some explosion footage, so I don't have to have a big "BALEETED" sign on the top thread. I will also do better with the actual running of the battle, with a kill table and all that stuff, and non-blurry pictures if I can. Besides, when the visitor leaves, I have three weeks of holidays, or six if I can do it while he's there somewhere else. One thing I was thinking of doing was running a normal forum battle, and then animating it at the end.

@Scottsman I can't remember the name of the song, but it's an extract from a Halo:Reach track.

Anyway, I thought a cool idea for a forum battle would be a moonbase or something similar, and to go outside minifigs would have to be wearing helmets or else they have a 5 or 4 out of 6 chance on a die of suffocating with +1 per turn outside, and with explosive decompression a die roll would be needed for them to hold on to something to stop being sucked out, and a slight delay could allow for them to bail just before the explosion. IDK, these are just ideas, and I want to do a battle that would be worth joining even if it wasn't animated.