The Lost Valley outline and senario.

They're all the rage

Moderators: Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico, BrickSyd

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Mon May 09, 2011 4:32 pm

RUN! it's the attack of the little grey boxes :shock:

Um..... I'll see if I can redo the pictures and setup a different image host. Otherwise do you all agree with the basic thrust of the stats & etc?

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Mon May 09, 2011 4:39 pm

as far as I read they're fine.... I wasn't too interested on the fact hat there were no pictures, but they seemed legit to me

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Mon May 09, 2011 7:51 pm

Dinosaur pictures all sorted out now :D

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Mon May 09, 2011 8:19 pm

yes, much better :D now that there are fun things to look at, I felt much more inclined to read your spawn rules, and I think they're pretty good, I like that they can leave w/o doing anything, but they can also rapidly multiply... but this would be much cooler with lego dinos, as you could rip them apart and such :P

MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Post by MasterEcabob » Mon May 09, 2011 9:54 pm

Now that's what I'm talking about! This is going to be a great battle!
jifel wrote:"Any fool can make something bigger and more dangerous, but it takes an intelligent man to do the opposite."

As if we care. More explosives!

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Tue May 10, 2011 12:34 am

So... when do signups begin? Because I for one don't want to miss this.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Tue May 10, 2011 6:26 am

Ross_Varn wrote:So... when do signups begin? Because I for one don't want to miss this.
Signups will be happening soon as I've only got the details of the British and Chinese faction left to write up.

Don't worry, those who have been expressing interest in the Lost Valley senarios over the past few weeks will be PMed so they can get first dabs on choosing a faction once I'm ready to start.

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Tue May 10, 2011 1:30 pm

I agree with enders_shadow, it can be hard to get good/exiting deaths/effects on the dinos. They look funny, though! :D
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Tue May 10, 2011 4:47 pm

Killer Karetsu wrote:I agree with enders_shadow, it can be hard to get good/exiting deaths/effects on the dinos. They look funny, though! :D
Ah, but if I have some spare dinos that I've previously prepared with a little craft knife work, paint & etc it might not be so bad :wink:

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue May 10, 2011 5:03 pm

I like the Dinos as is, craft knife them not say I. Just photoshop or WordEdit some blood in the pics if you must.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Tue May 10, 2011 5:30 pm

so your lobbying for NO dismemberment?

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Tue May 10, 2011 5:46 pm

They are only Chinese made dinosaurs that cost $2.00 each so I don't mind making some 'dead' versions of each of the dinosaurs. But on the other hand the Plastic Dinosaur Protection League has just e.mailed me to say that they want to give Warhead a medal.

Whatever you chaps would like to have really, - I just want make this battle look as good as I possibly can.

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Tue May 10, 2011 11:47 pm

Silverdream wrote:Loving the ankylosaurus, that was my favourite dinosaur.
I thought it was an Euoplocephalus, - but then the two dinosaurs species are similiar to one another. Apparently with their high fibre diet of low going vegetation their gut produced prodigious amounts of gas which sounds like it could be dangerous to an unwary dinosaur hunter.

EDIT: This afternoon I purchased a pair of Pachycephalosaurus which was a biped plant eating Dinosaur with a very thick domed skull (up to 10 inches thick). Their favourite form of attack is to charge head down and ram things very hard.
I also purchased a pair of Parasaurolophus which was also a biped plant eater but with a long skull crest and a duck-billed type jaw. These seem to have had almost no defenses except for the fact that they could run very fast and they tended to go about in herds for protection.
I now have two of every kind of dinosaur with 6 species altogether so I can now summon them with a D6 at the beginning of each turn with no more than two of any species being on the game board at the same time (The toy shop has now almost completely run out of plastic dinosaurs).
I shall go back and edit the Dinosaur rules accordingly later this evening.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Wed May 11, 2011 2:08 pm

hmmm, I thought it was ankylosaur as well (sp?) but oh well. also, I think the pachysephalosaurus' should have mind-control abilities

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Wed May 11, 2011 5:16 pm

enders_shadow wrote:hmmm, I thought it was ankylosaur as well (sp?) but oh well. also, I think the pachysephalosaurus' should have mind-control abilities
Now that is an interesting idea because they are an odd looking dinosaur with that domed head of theirs. Today will be a busy day for me doing nun stuff so I won't get back to writing up the senario until much later this evening.