The 2,021 Hundred Piece Hullabaloo

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:10 pm

Fifth Annual BrikWars Konstruktion Contest

In the month of September, all across the Legitimitium MultiVerse, ABS and established parts grow mysteriously rare. Building slows and, as it does, minifigs all over the BrikVerse begin to lose their grip on reality. They panic. They riot. It's really just another excuse to beat the snot out of one another. Some point to the sudden appearance of massive SHIPs during this month as a correlation but many BrikVersian scientists are dismissive, citing a favorite adage that correlation is not causation. Perhaps they are right or perhaps they are covering for their governments. Either way, for the average minifig, it's just another reason to pick up a pitchfork. Maddened, howling minifigs the BrikVerse over frantically scramble to tear up as many briks as they can find and assemble some kind of reality out of them. Mechaniks and Konstruktion Workers who have let their little contractual projects and sites sit untended for the entire year suddenly get all their work done this month and collect overtime pay for doing it. Like a busy hive, minifigs swarm creation, desperate to do anything at all to avoid the existential despair of endless blank baseplates and massive bugger off starships in their skies.

Participants

Participants will each create one or more "builds," in real bricks or in LDD, composed of one hundred (100) pieces or less, and capture a comprehensive set of images that show it off. A "build" can be anything from a microscale vignette to a small fleet of ships to a mecha. Anything at all. Build whatever the hell you want. The Judges will have their own views on what constitutes a complete build and that will show in their scoring, particularly in Style and Substance. Please post anywhere from 1-10 images. If building LDD, participants should include an .lxf file. If building IRL, participants should include a parts breakdown image in their photo set. Simply create something BrikWarsy, preferably something that references the rulebook, the lore (community or official), and/or the history.

Those wishing to participate in the contest should submit an original build via a new thread in the Armoury forum between September 1, 2021 and September 30, 2021, including the identifier tag [HPH21] in the title.

Participants may submit more than one entry. Contestants can only win one Reward, however, and only their highest scoring piece will count in this regard.

Entries may represent any BrikWars tone, style, etcetera. The BrikVerse is a wildly diverse setting and the purpose of this contest is to encourage more awesome new content.

Judges

Judging of the entries will commence immediately following the contest, beginning October 1, 2021, and will end no later than October 7, 2021. The final scores will be announced and formalized in this thread on October 8, 2021.

For the 2021 Contest, the following are Judges:
  • Gorvoslov
  • Space Bunny
  • MadMario
The following are Secondary Judges:
  • Quantumsurfer
Judges will view each entry and score it based on the following categories:
  • Style -- Relating to the concept of the build, the inventiveness and creativity of the build, particularly any NPU, the technical skill with which the concept is rendered recognizable to the audience.
  • Substance-- Relating to the mechanics of the build, the viability and efficiency of its construction, the actual depth of the piece and the balance between what it conveys and the materials it uses to convey it. The scale and/or the detail of the build are judged here.
  • Photography-- Quality of the build's photography, the use of clean lighting and clear pictures, the capture of the purpose of the piece such that it is clearly conveyed to the audience. Also included in this category is the inclusion and quality of the LXF file if built in LDD or the inclusion and quality of the parts breakdown image(s) if built IRL.
  • Story, Tie-Breaker Category-- A picture is worth a thousand words. Be brief and use some of them to caption or provide background story to your images. Keep in mind the theme of the contest: Minifigs going nuts everywhere.
Each Judging Category is rated on a scale from 1-10. The scores from each category will be added together, with the exception of Story, for a Total Judge Score of between 3 and 30. Total Judge Scores are added together to rate the creation for a Final Score.

The Story Score will only be used in the event of a tie between entries.

Judges are encouraged to keep an open, diverse mindset when judging entries as they are not inherently required to adhere to any particular interpretation of Kanon or individually preferred tone. In short, we all have a good general idea of what constitutes as Brikwarsy but a great many of us have some pretty different ideas about the specifics.

Judges may enter the contest as Participants (see above) but may not judge their own entries. Instead, the Secondary Judge will take their place in the scoring of those particular pieces.

Rewards

The participant with the highest Final Score will achieve 1st place, winning the contest, joining the pantheon of BrikWars StudGods, and gaining full on bragging rights. They will also earn a unique custom badge, which will be pinned to the winning post and generally used however the winner sees fit (such as its inclusion into their forum signature).

Previous Contests

2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 |

Enjoy the Buildoff! Happy BrikBuilding and, as always, Have Fun.

2021 Entries and Final Scores

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Re: The 2,021 Hundred Piece Hullabaloo

Post by Quantumsurfer » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:11 pm

Judges?

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:21 am

We're a week in. Let's get some judges and some more entries going.

Valiant
Don't Steal My Tanks (They're Copyrighted)

Post by Valiant » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:10 pm

Won't be participating in this one - preparing for a move to California :D

Gorvoslov
Officer

Post by Gorvoslov » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:52 pm

I can judge, though I've got an entry so a secondary judge would be needed.

Eaggra2799
Nice Dubs

Post by Eaggra2799 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:57 pm

Wait, how frequent do you make these things?
If you really read Marx, you'd understand how pineapple on pizza is diametrically opposed to the will of the proletariat

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:45 pm

Every month except for April, May, and August.
Also June/July are one contest and November/December are one contest.
Which makes for 7 total contests a year.

Here's the lineup.
https://brikwars.com/wiki/Community_Contest

SirZaphod
Nice Dubs

Post by SirZaphod » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:20 pm

Man is there are a lot of these malware posters lately.
Also what an awesome showing of entries. You guys really out did your self's.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:44 pm

That's the contest folks. Judges, please commence judging.

Space Bunny
Cannon Fodder

Post by Space Bunny » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:11 pm

I've gotten my judging done o7

Gorvoslov
Officer

Post by Gorvoslov » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:58 pm

MY JUDGEMENTS HAVE BEEN ARBITRARILY RENDERED

MadMario
Purism Prometheus
Purism Prometheus

Post by MadMario » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:35 pm

Me have has done judgy being.
Compendium of my works
ImageImageImage
More Badges
Show
ImageImageImageImage

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:44 pm

2021 Entries and Final Scores

Thanks to all participants for your entries into this year's Hullabaloo.

Well done and congratulations. Right on par with last year's number of entries. Great, quality builds with some clever piece usage, all very recognizable despite the part limitation and visually diverse across the board. I hope this year's entries inspire more builds in the months to come.

The 2,021 Hundred Piece Hullabaloo Winner and our new StudGod

Kastrenzo
For the hundred piece build "Slavonik 'Bulat' Powered Combat Armor"

Gorvoslov
Officer

Post by Gorvoslov » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:53 pm

Congratulations Kast! And from what I understand, there's already been a re-design :P

Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage
all I have is anthrax and rage

Post by Kastrenzo » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:17 pm

Nyeeah, victory is mine! ,

Now I will retreat back to obscurity for 2 more years, NYAAAA
Faction Index - Flickr Gallery

You can't ride a scooter when you're drunk and 9 years old.