Bann154's Medivo Factions ADDED: Undead

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Bragallot, Zahru II, Natalya, RedRover

bann154
bann is the mann

Bann154's Medivo Factions ADDED: Undead

Post by bann154 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:07 pm

Hello all and thank you for visiting this will be a general list of all of my medivo factions that (may) end up in a mini campaign.

Index:
Chaos Dwarves
Ork Hordes
Undead

Falcon Empire:
The Falcon Empire is a kingdom of men lead by a fair queen and her three sons their empire is located on an island that is mostly barren mountains where mighty fortresses have been erected while there are a few fair plains where the villages and towns are built they are never far from a fortress for protection. So i worked for 2 days to upgrade the army size and managed to double its size it now is 61 men strong.
Overwatch.
The 12 swordsmen.
The 12 longbows.
Heavy swordsmen highly trained in combat.
Great axe are veterans of many battles who wear thick plate armor and wield heavy two handed axes.
The 6 spear men.
The knights each one rides a steed and uses a heavy lance but also has a sword for after charging.
The lieutenants of the brothers the one is a mage apprentice while the other two are skilled swordsmen.
The artillary section consists of an organ gun and a heavy mortar for crushing emplacements.
A bard who accompanies the troops to buff skill move or armor.
Supply wagon to resupply the steam tank and other troops.
Steam tank front shot. More photos below.
Spoiler
Show
Side.
Rear.
Finally the 3 sons the middle on is the eldest Mathias an expert swordsmen he leads the entire army and is know to be calm in most combat situations. On the right is the middle aged one Simon who is a secretive mage of great power. Finally on the left we have the youngest Nathan who is know to be a hot head most of the time.
Last edited by bann154 on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places

bann154
bann is the mann

Chaos Dwarves

Post by bann154 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:07 pm

The Chaos Dwraves are much like their less sinister cousins with a love of gold and creating things however these dwarves have twisted ambitions and have taken their construction past the boundaries of safety to create the largest and most unnatural creations the world has seen.
The Overwatch shot.
The chaos dwarves sustain their high level of industry by maintaining legions of slaves who work in their dark forges these slaves come from many different backgrounds and factions the most common of these are humans and orcs as they are both reliable and come in large supplies however when the chaos dwarves march to war many of the slaves are forced to fight and are mostly used as cannon fodder.
When the chaos dwarves take to the field of battle themselves they are usually clad in heavy armor wielding wicked weapons the Infernal Warriors are one of the more common units each is equipped with a bayoneted blunderbuss heavy armor and a small buckler shield.
The Infernal Guard are the toughest chaos dwarves who bear massive slab like shields engraved with dark runes to grant them protection and strength like no other they usually form a phalanx to protect the softer dwarf units such as the Musketeers.
A contradiction to the typical dwarf fighting style the Musketeers wield heavy rifles and light armor they prefer to rain death from afar picking off important targets and firing at war machines.
Lastly we have the leaders of the warband on the left is Zhathark Blackheart the rune smith he strikes runes filled with malice and hate upon his anvil. On the right we have Rarrakk Stonebull he is a hunter he hunts monsters with a spear cannon that shoots arm length projectiles attached to a chain to bring down monsters or war machines its also highly effective versus fleshy targets.
Last edited by bann154 on Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bann154
bann is the mann

Ork Hordes

Post by bann154 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:08 pm

The Ork hordes are numerous throughout the lands mostly in the mountains or lower in the plains and swamps they are vicious little creatures with a hate for humans.
The complete horde.
The meat shields main fighting force of the horde is savage Orks consists of 12 spear men.
However there are some savages Orks that have taken up bows to provide support for their brethren.
Next we have the hobgoblin skirmishers using heavy shields but little body armor.
Finally we have Sarfu himself as well as his mage adviser not sure what to call him yet though. I have 8 wargs that i will eventually be using for chariots and maybe as a shock trooper pack line things.

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Re: Bann154's Medivo Factions

Post by RedRover » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:24 pm

These are nice.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:08 pm

I like your use of the roofing part as a shield for the phalanx dwarves.

Chicken Tenders
Champion
Champion

Post by Chicken Tenders » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:02 am

Zupponn wrote:I like your use of the roofing part as a shield for the phalanx dwarves.
I second that, they do a great job as a tower shield, and make for an imposing shield wall. I really like your factions, I think the orks are my favorite, they're very well done. I like the variation between the units while maintaining cohesion across the force.
(\_/)
(^-^)
(_--_)*

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons

Post by Kommander Ken » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:12 am

Love the variety going on here. And also: Falcon knights are basically :ftw:.

Noktu
Officer

Post by Noktu » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:21 am

I really like the warhammer vibe going on here! :omnom:

Especially the Human faction reminds me of Middenheim.

bann154
bann is the mann

Undead

Post by bann154 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:43 pm

Thanks for all the feedback guys i really appreciate it!
So i had a poll of skeleton heads sitting on my desk for a while now and i decided to use them and so created a small(ish?) undead force that im actually quite happy with.
Overwatch.
The main body of the army consist of 18 skeletons 12 of them have hand weapons and shields while the other 6 have spears.
Spear men.
Next up we have some zombies to increase the size of the army in battle so far i have 8 of them but as i find more appropriately colored scraps i will be adding more.
My favorite part personally is the vampire knights each one wears heavy armor and wields an enchanted weapon and rides a nightmarish steed into battle.
Some support charecters a necromancer (left) and a wight (right) the wight carries the battle standard that will grant a skill buff to units within 6-8" are my thoughts so far there is also a pack of vermin below them to help unhorse enemy cavalry.
Finally we have the vampire lord Leland Redheart an ancient vampire of great power who rides atop his trusty skeletal steed.

Kommander Ken

Re: Bann154's Medivo Factions ADDED: Undead

Post by Kommander Ken » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:12 pm

Those vampire knights are my fave. Surprised there aren't more vampire-esque factions out there.

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Re: Bann154's Medivo Factions ADDED: Undead

Post by RedRover » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:46 pm

I always loved hordes of vermin.