Valiance Class Destroyer V2 (BUILT IT BIGGER)

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

militaryfreak
Officer

Valiance Class Destroyer V2 (BUILT IT BIGGER)

Post by militaryfreak » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:30 am

Commissioned in 2001 at Toroshima Royal Shipyards, the Valiance Class of guided-missile destroyers are a general purpose platform for surface-surface and surface-air action. It carries a wide array of armaments with a crew of 210. The Valiance class weighs 4000 long tons, and has a top speed of 32 knots (36.8 mph). The vessel has seen action in every conflict with the North since its creation, in which it replaced the older Vindicator Class. There have been 33 commissioned, with 27 ships currently in service. 5 ships have been sunk, 1 sits docked at the Kyu Island Naval Training Facility and is used for training purposes. The Valiance measures at a length of 314 studs with a width of 24 studs. (8'1'')

Valiance Class Armaments: Lightweight Gun
The Valiance Class' armaments are numerous, and fully automated functionally, and operated by the crew via state of the art computer systems, and radar tracking systems. Its secondary weapon is a single barrel 125mm lightweight gun capable of semi-automatic fire, pausing for 16 seconds every 8 shots for its 8 round magazine to be reloaded. Being a modern ship, the gun is merely the secondary weapon.

Valiance Class Armaments: Trident 3 Anti-Ship Missiles
For surface to surface action, the Valiance carries 4 4xcell launchers for Trident Anti-ship cruise missiles, totaling to 16 missiles armed at a time. The launchers are positioned outboard for ease of reloaded by support ships. The Trident 3 has performed exceptionally well in tests and in the field. a single Trident 3 carries 255kg of explosive in a shaped charge. A single hit from a Trident 3 can cripple or even sink the average war ship. Trident 3 is can be programmed for high flying, or "sea-skimming" with the aid of observational radar detection data sharing from aerial platforms, the Trident 3 can hit targets well over the horizon.

Valiance Class Armaments: Homing Torpedo Tubes
For anti-submarine purposes, the Valiance carries 8 homing torpedoes, 4 on each side.

Valiance Class Armaments: 30mm Autocannons
on each side, the Valiance has 2 smaller 30mm auto cannon turrets for close range surface-air or surface-surface combat against small vessels.

Valiance Class Armaments: Vertical Launcher System
The Valiance's main weapon is a 48x Cell Vertical Launch System or VLS. Keeping with modern naval technology, the Valiance primarily launches Crossbow Anti-Air missiles at air targets. For defense, the Crossbow missiles can also be launched at incoming missile threats, and destroy them further away from the ship. The VLS can also carry additional Trident 3 Anti-Ship Missiles should mission parameters dictate.

Valiance Class Armaments: Shuriken Infrared Close-Range surface-air missiles
For close range aerial combat, the Valiance has a rotating launcher containing 10 Shuriken infrared missiles, the missiles are small enough to be stacked 2 to a launch tube. Shuriken missiles can also be launched at incoming missile threats, intercepting them further away from the ship without the need for CIWS of SRBOC countermeasures The launcher can be reloaded by the crew using missiles stored below deck.

Valiance Class: Aviation Facilities
The Valiance Class Destroyer carries 2 Hs-40 Cutlass helicopters for crew transfer, evacuation, and surveillance.

Valiance Class Electronic Warfare
The Valiance Class, like any modern warship, carries a state of the art electronic warfare suite. Electronic Warfare entails the "use of the electromagnetic spectrum or directed energy to control the spectrum, attack of an enemy, or impede enemy assaults via the spectrum." The EW suite pickups incoming RF signals generated by missile lock-on or radar systems. quite simply, it detects incoming missiles, and alerts the crew that enemies have detected their ship on radar. It can also create jamming to shorten enemy lock-on range.

Valiance Class Countermeasures: SRBOC
Mounted across the ship are 6x Cell Super Rapid Bloom Off-board Countermeasures, or SRBOC. The SRBOC protects against anti-ship missiles. As a missile approaches, a SRBOC is launched creating a massive bloom of chaff and flares to thwart the tracking systems of both Radar and Infrared missiles.

Valiance Class Countermeasures: CIWS
The Valiance also carries 2 Close in Weapon System (CIWS) Gattling Guns, similar to the American Phalanx and British Goalkeeper systems. The CIWS has an internal radar that locks onto an incoming missile, and shoots it out of the sky.

Valiance Class Sensors and Processing Systems
Last edited by militaryfreak on Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The crashing arrival of a large stone does much to humble an arrogant foe"

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Re: Valiance Class Destroyer V2 (BUILT IT BIGGER)

Post by Duerer » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:33 am

The fact that this huge monster can carry two choppers is already impressive.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

TastySkippy123
is a spineless dice

Post by TastySkippy123 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:59 am

This is cooler than any SHIP. :tiger:

Only in my dreams could I have something like this. *dreams away*

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:30 am

Great job!
In the earlier pictures I saw the back doors, but I never expected an actual helicopter to come rolling out :shock:

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Post by sahasrahla » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:01 am

ba af gj

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Post by Omega Prime » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:22 am

Damn, this thing is huge now! Earlier it was big. Now, it's huge! Nice work... still waiting for a forum battle with it... :tiger:
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Post by Hiremas Alkerith » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:40 am

Omega Prime wrote:Damn, this thing is huge now! Earlier it was big. Now, it's huge! Nice work... still waiting for a forum battle with it... :tiger:
What he said. Pure Ossum!!
Style:7
Substance:9.999999
Photography:8

OSSUM!
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?
Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Post by Omega Prime » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:41 am

CIWS: R2-D2 but with a machine gun
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

i can make a hat

Caelondian
Champion
Champion

Post by Caelondian » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:43 am

Sweet holy Jesus. This monster doesn't need to be in a forum battle - it needs to be the battleground.

10/10, the Goderators would be proud. :studgod:

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Post by Omega Prime » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:37 pm

Caelondian wrote:Sweet holy Jesus. This monster doesn't need to be in a forum battle - it needs to be the battleground.

10/10, the Goderators would be proud. :studgod:
Then, make smaller ships assault the bigger one, making it a battleground on a battleground!

i can make a hat