ROBOTS!!

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Gorthaff
Minifig

ROBOTS!!

Post by Gorthaff » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:31 am

So before my nearly two year long hiatus, I have discovered this thing called MF0. Knowing I had noone nerby to play with, I decided to do a mock match with myself as the opponent. That, obviously required robots. Lots of 'em. ANd I got so caught up in desiging three separate armies using my rather limited availible blocks that I never actually got around to doing that mock battle. But I do have fifteen different designs to show you as a result.

Here they are:

These guys might as well be Britannian as far as the colour scheme goes, so I went ahead and gave one of them a GT sword. They are probably my favourite of the bunch.

These ones I like how the torso turned out, but I really struggled with the limbs because of a lack of joints. They also used to have wapons once upon a time, but I dunno what hapened to them.

Here I had a novel idea of how to make articulated spider legs with a very low part count, so I went ahead and ran with it. I think they look like the generic mook enemies from some 90's cartoon, but overall I like them.

And my pride and joy, the ones I put the most effort into. Sometimes they are a bitch to pose, but they are fully articulated. I don't know if you can tell, but I have just discovered AC 4 fA before making them.

As a bonus you get this thing, an actual working Chickenwalker. I might have posted it once already, but I don't care, I am proud of it. Legs are hard goddamnit.

Constructive criticism, and snide remarks are equally appeciated.
Last edited by Gorthaff on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
I couldn't come up with anything smart, original or funny, so <=THIS=> is what you get.
ENJOY IT!!!

Venge
there are no brakes on the ban train

Re: ROBOTS!!

Post by Venge » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:47 am

Constructive criticism: Cool walker, but a little dusty.

Snide Remark: Awesome walker, at least I think so, it's a little hard to tell under all that dust.
Formerly known as TheVengefulOne. Times banned by Natalya: 10 (+ 1 alt).

My BrikWars Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/

Gorthaff
Minifig

Post by Gorthaff » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:04 am

Well, I havent tuched them in nearly two years, that might explain the dust. Also fuck Biochemistry with a twenty foot bargpole wrapped in barbed wire, that is also on fire.
I couldn't come up with anything smart, original or funny, so <=THIS=> is what you get.
ENJOY IT!!!

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Post by BriksKrieg » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:14 am

These are pretty kewl. The chicken walker is interesting. I almost thought you made a Lego atst from Starwars. Did you base it off of that? :studgod:
:troll:
Tzan wrote:The STFU looks like its positioned at the tip of the galactic penis.
ninja_bait wrote:I am vaguely aware that head pats are a weeb thing and weeb things are usually lewd

Gorthaff
Minifig

Post by Gorthaff » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:27 am

StalinsFavoriteKhat wrote:These are pretty kewl. The chicken walker is interesting. I almost thought you made a Lego atst from Starwars. Did you base it off of that? :studgod:
Nope, I was just trying to make legs that can properly hold upa mech, and these seemed to work well. I did make a couple of big ones around that time that had trouble staying upright, so this was sort of a prototype for those.
ENJOY IT!!!

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Post by BriksKrieg » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:15 pm

Gorthaff wrote:
StalinsFavoriteKhat wrote:These are pretty kewl. The chicken walker is interesting. I almost thought you made a Lego atst from Starwars. Did you base it off of that? :studgod:
Nope, I was just trying to make legs that can properly hold upa mech, and these seemed to work well. I did make a couple of big ones around that time that had trouble staying upright, so this was sort of a prototype for those.
Do you still have the bigger ones?
ninja_bait wrote:I am vaguely aware that head pats are a weeb thing and weeb things are usually lewd

Gorthaff
Minifig

Post by Gorthaff » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:05 am

ENJOY IT!!!

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Post by BriksKrieg » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:52 am

Both of these are really neat. I also really like the use of teknik pieces for the legs, that's opened a whole new area for me to playtest in. Really kewl!! :studgod:

Gorthaff
Minifig

Post by Gorthaff » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:20 am

Over a certain wieght, around 1kilo, you are pretty mutch forced to use technic bricks, nothing else can hold up the body properly.
ENJOY IT!!!