Muffin_Man's Factions and stuff

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Muffin_Man
Nice Dubs

Muffin_Man's Factions and stuff

Post by Muffin_Man » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:38 pm

NO LONGER EXISTS
The New Roman Empire has been radically reformed and is now the Clockwork League

During the kaotic and ridiculously unpredictable events of Ragnablok, many civilizations, empires and ancient installations were lost. Due to all of the havok, fragments of advanced teknology that would have once been coveted away from other's knowledge was blasted into space, landing upon many uncharted planets which had previously been ignored, forgotten or passed over. The teknology that landed upon one brutal planet, constantly in a dark age of anarchy, famine and similar unpleasant things was sufficient to kick start a renaissance. This planet had been lost;
But no longer.
Rearing its ugly head and crawling, finally, from the time of chaos that had once engulfed it, the New Roman empire returns.
Basic info
System: Lazio
Planet: Rome
Capital City: Forum
Government: Theocratic Aristocracy
Tek level: varies between 4-5, closer to 6 in some cases
Influence: Currently 3 systems, but expanding rapidly.
Inspiration(s): Ancient and Renaissance Rome

The New Roman empire is a very strange civilization, combining the salvaged space technology with that of steam and creating a hideous Frankenstein war-machines. The state is lead by the Borgion Family, taking a hold of the planet by manipulating the many churches and pantheons within the borders, using the religious prestige to solidify rulership over Rome, and its two moons: Romulus and Remus.
INFANTRY AND MECHANICAL FORCES.

The Legionaries. This is by far the most numerous and (more importantly) most expendable unit in the army. Able to be use for offence or attack, these troops are enthusiastic and volatile. In vast amounts, the Legionaries should be unstoppable. This would be the case if it weren't for their general lack of any experience. They are deployed in clumps of 6 in battle, but have also been used to stop riots and such occurrences.

The Auxilia. Combining the use of a gun and a Lance, the Auxilia bear a long rifle with an even longer bayonet so that they can shoot at an enemy, then charge upon horseback. As a result of the heavy weaponry, only more experienced soldiers are given this role. The one in the middle with the big fancy hat is the officer.

The 'Pluam' gunners (hailstorm gunners). Some may consider the sheer amount of firepower each of these soldiers to be...unnecessary or wasteful. The generals of the military simply consider it still inadequate. Wielding modified portable Gatling guns, the still nonetheless get the job done; unless it requires moving quickly.

The Eagle gunners. Named after their bulky jet packs that allow them to skim across the battlefield, these mini figures each carry custom-manufactured steam revolvers, that, although do give some range, have a nasty habit of blowing up. As a result, it is a common practice to recruit soldiers that are mentally unstable, as they do not care about the risk, The one in the center is the officer.
Here they are in flight.

The Occultum Assassins. Often employed for... more unorthodox practices such as bumping off political adversaries, they each carry a dagger that can be coated in the dangerous poison which they carry with them, created by stewing Dungan Jaw-jaw intestines.

The 'Nebula' (Fog) soldier. Using a cumbersome gun and canister strapped to their back, they use the harvested smoke and smog inside to obscure the battlefield with a thick shroud of dark gases. Beyond that, their use in combat is severely limited.

The Cy-Bots. Another signature tactic of the New Roman generals is to deploy metal meat shields in front of more valuable areas, with Cy-Bots being a prime example. Programmed with clockwork and mitch-match electronics, they attack anything walking with their range with a rending claw, built-in knife, and cold ruthless efficiency.

The Aranea (Spider) -Bots. Named after the unscrupulous animal, the clockwork and problem solving of these automaton are far more sophisticated, and are designed to snoop on enemies, infiltrate bases and shoot them with the annoying little pistols strapped o the side of their heads when they notice. This doesn't stop them from being excellent in ordinary battle however.

The Centurion-Bot. With the aggression of the Cy-bots, the intelligence of the Aranea-Bots and the brute force of an armored tank, this creation is a terrifying combatant. Despite what the name suggests, they do not lead Legionaries, but are instead modeled after the ancient Centurions. The only place where it's design is flawed, is the inability to move faster than 3 miles per hour. Beside them stands Average Joe, for a size comparison.
A DRAMATIC CLOSEUP!

The Bombardier cannons (manned by Field Engineers). Despite being able to change the tide of battle, this weaponry is among the most out-of-date among the military, and is likely to be redesigned soon. Nonetheless, the explosive shells that they can fire over half a kilometer can still be deadly.

The 'Misque' (Hornet) Bike. Not only is this bicycle able to function as a scout and do sick flips but also wields a meaty Gatling gun mounted on the side. It is among the fastest but also among the most fragile of all the vehicles to offer.

The 'Pepris' (Pepper) Artillery. Function not only as a ground-based weapon but also able to bring down aircraft, the weapon is extremely versatile and can be maneuvered quickly around the battle field with the help of a driver. There have been complaints about how unprotected the driver is, and these may be taken into consideration later down the line.
Side View
Close up on the size 3 mounted Gatling gun.
The driver and gunner (left to right).

The Hoplomachi inferno Mech. Only the most soulless and psychopathic of minifigs can be trusted with this weapon of mass destruction. Able to plough down infantry and armor alike with the ease of a hot knife through butter, the Mech is the most deadly of the ground-based weaponry. Unlike the Centurion-Bot, it can actually move at a decent speed, and is able to tear through anything in its path, either using the flamethrower, crushing claw, 10 shoulder mounted missiles or simple momentum. Next to it is Average Joe again.
The gleeful pilot without the protective wrought iron cockpit cover.
The size 3 Flamethrower mounted on the left arm.
The size 3 claw mounted on the right arm.
The flammable liquid boiler mounted on the back. If ignited in one go, it has the capability to bring down a city block.
The Mech pilot removed from his cockpit.

So there you have it! The air force and characters will be arriving shortly.
Sorry if the photos are bad quality, it is my first time posting them and taking the pictures. I am also planning doing a Forum battle with the faction. Tell me what you think, all constructive criticism is welcome!
EDIT: All pics should now be in working order
Last edited by Muffin_Man on Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:48 am, edited 7 times in total.

Nemoto-Sensei
Champion
Champion

Re: Muffin_Man's Factions and stuff

Post by Nemoto-Sensei » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:20 am

Wow. I love the whole steampunk vibe of your army. The builds are also really cool. Nice variety but I'd like to suggest getting some sort of helmet for the Legionnaires. Looking forward to more from you c;

Muffin_Man
Nice Dubs

Post by Muffin_Man » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:54 pm

Thanks so much for the support on the previous post; it really makes me glad that people like it! But now, ON WITH THE SHOW!
THE AIR FORCE:
The 'Papil' (Butterfly) Gyro-copter. The smallest, fastest and most annoying of the aircraft, the Gyro-copter is able to plague infantry from the skies with ease, using the twin Gatling guns mounted upon each side. The compact design and folding blades also allow the craft to be stored and transported using larger vehicle, or even deploy during combat. There is also Average Joe for comparison (he will show up a lot).
Here is the pilot and the craft, with landing gear engaged.

The Aircraft Crewmen. After intensive anti-nausea and vertigo training a mini-fig is able o become a zeppelin crewman, steering and operating veritable flying fortresses, which are among the best the military has to offer. Though there are only 4 crew in total, I hope to expand the ranks soon. The ones with brown trousers are ordinary crewmen, and the full beige uniforms are also trained as gunners.

'La Rosa ' raiding Zeppelin (MK2). This raiding Zeppelin, featuring far improved offensive capabilities and speed from it's MK1 form, is extremely well armed, and is capable of bombing runs (with two shells already on the deck), aerial combat and air support. It is ideally manned by a minimum of two air crew, though can hold a maximum of four comfortably.
Closeup on the Bow grappling cannon and the Gatling gun on the deck.
Closeup on the helium balloon and the steering wheel.

'La Balena' Battleship (MK3). The most excessive war machine the empire has to offer and featuring solid double decks (unlike its prototypes) this ship is on its own able to resist a siege, fully capable of transporting infantry and Gryo-copters and deal plenty of damage with the twin Francium torpedoes. Ideally it is manned by at least 4 Crew, but can hold far far more due to its ridiculous size and holding bay.
A slightly better view on the side decks, Gatling cannons and twin turret on the top deck. At the railing of the top deck near the front, there are also hand-held harpoons for the crew to defend themselves with.
The top deck with the hull empty...
With the Gyro-copter...
and holding 12 Legionaries.
A peek inside the holding bay from the rear doors, with the steering heel at the front for the craft.
A collection of all the operators, going from left to right: Motorbike driver, Gyro-copter pilot, Driver, Mech Pilot, Gunner, Crewmen gunners, Ordinary Crew

THE CHARACTERS:

Major Tactician Angelo Wolfgang. As is evident from the surname, he wasn't born as a Roman, being an immigrant from a local city who proved his military genius in battle and was promoted to his current position. He is notorious for his lack of regard for human life, including and especially that of his own troops, though his meticulous and eerily effective planning is nonetheless invaluable.
Admiral Lorenzo Hamodominus. Although born into his position from his noble background, Lorenzo still had to sacrifice his hand in order to ascend to the point where he is today. unlike his ground-based counterpart, he is prone to flying into fiery rages and is capable of doing terrible harm to all around him in this state of wrath using his cutlass and on-fleek mustache.
Head engineer Antonio Amerigo. Emerging from a lab accident involving a ton of dynamite, an ex girlfriend and several hundred squirrels without a lower body, Amerigo had his head grafted onto a robotic suit of his on design, that can withstand the damage of battle and allows him to whiz around on a jet pack. His mind as well as his body completely gone, Antonio's genius is now spurred on with an insane passion for destruction.
A look at the jetpack, suit engine and LGT medical juice attached to the rear of the suit.
The Umbravir. Always standing in the shadows behind the Borgion throne, this ruthless special agent is a master of infiltration and silent killing, using a weaponized umbrella, a secret police force and LBT magic to further the aims of the family. None have ever seen underneath the gas mask. Well, none have lived to tell the tale...
Giuseppe Borgion. Leader of the Borgion brood and the New Roman empire, Giuseppe is a masterful and manipulative leader, embodying the spirit national pride and ambition in his elderly frame. With a powerful military at the tips of his fingers, there's no telling what he could achieve.

Full army pic:
Again, sorry that the pics aren't the best quality, it is my first faction that i have posted, and all advise and criticism would be greatly appreciated. Other than that, have a good day!
Last edited by Muffin_Man on Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage
all I have is anthrax and rage

Post by Kastrenzo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:18 am

all of the images are broken
Faction Index - Flickr Gallery

You can't ride a scooter when you're drunk and 9 years old.

Muffin_Man
Nice Dubs

Post by Muffin_Man » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:40 am

Oh no! I’ll see if I can fix it

Muffin_Man
Nice Dubs

Post by Muffin_Man » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:03 pm

-
Last edited by Muffin_Man on Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:12 pm

Muffin_Man wrote:is it possible to to delete previous posts?
No. You must live with your shame forever, unless a mod has pity on you and deletes for you.

By the way, this stuff is looking great!
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:52 pm

ninja_bait wrote:
No. You must live with your shame forever, unless a mod has pity on you and deletes for you.

By the way, this stuff is looking great!
I’m a mod, what do you want?

Muffin_Man
Nice Dubs

Post by Muffin_Man » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:32 pm

RedRover wrote:
ninja_bait wrote:
I’m a mod, what do you want?
On November the 6th (2:54 pm) i made a post and the images didn't work. as a result I needed to post it again, this time on the. Could you possibly delete the post where the images don't work? thank you very much for the offer.
ninja_bait wrote: By the way, this stuff is looking great!
Thank you very much!

Muffin_Man
Nice Dubs

Post by Muffin_Man » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:35 pm

Muffin_Man wrote: On November the 6th (2:54 pm)
Sorry, scratch that, it was 7:54 pm.

Nemoto-Sensei
Champion
Champion

Post by Nemoto-Sensei » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:12 pm

That's odd, the images work for me :/

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:57 pm

Nemoto-Sensei wrote:That's odd, the images work for me :/
Hey, we found the chosen one!
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons
an avid fan of large round cannons

Post by Kommander Ken » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:52 pm

That raiding zeppelin looks amazing.

Might I suggest editing the OP with the fixed images?

Muffin_Man
Nice Dubs

Post by Muffin_Man » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:50 am

Kommander Ken wrote:That raiding zeppelin looks amazing.

Might I suggest editing the OP with the fixed images?
I think I shall try that next; it’s strange, for every device I check my post on, different images work.thank you!

Muffin_Man
Nice Dubs

Post by Muffin_Man » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:56 am

I have fixed the pics on the infantry and Mechanical post now, so you should be able to see all of the pictures. Tell me if there are still problems.