The Great War Index

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

bann154
bann is the mann

The Great War Index

Post by bann154 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:15 pm

So i kinda wanted to just organize all of the lore/history set out for the Great War so i will be just assimilating all of the information from The Great War into this thread and as more information is posted either to this post or The Great War i will continue to assimilate it to this post for reference purposes. If you want anything to be added or left out let me know.

Idea Behind The World
Captain-Camper wrote:It has been one thousand nine hundred and twenty years since the mighty Grecian Empire fell to barbarians it's been one hundred since years a significant war raged on the Caucasian continent. But on April 9th the formal declaration of war was made. Little would anyone know the effects of this casus belli Between Caveland and Byzantines would plunge the world into war. Little less than a week later The Common Wealth pledge to protect Caveland and began to mobilize. Days later did the Duchy of Icrin join the side of the Byzantines already having assembled their forces. A Week later on the 24th just as Ingary was beginning to mobilize the Byzantines attacked making a 70-mile deep swath into Ingarian lands....
All Current Armies:
The Federated States of Icrin
The Principality of Wisconia
Duchy of Wesselheim
Republic of Ogovalonia
Union States
Sovak Union
The Empire Of Ethias
The Kingdom of Caledonia
Austras
The Sultan of Afria

Most Current Map:

Archives:
Spoiler
Show
Captain-Camper wrote:It has been one thousand nine hundred and twenty years since the mighty Grecian Empire fell to barbarians it's been one hundred since years a significant war raged on the Caucasian continent. But on April 9th the formal declaration of war was made. Little would anyone know the effects of this casus belli Between Caveland and Byzantines would plunge the world into war. Little less than a week later The Common Wealth pledge to protect Caveland and began to mobilize. Days later did the Duchy of Icrin join the side of the Byzantines already having assembled their forces. A Week later on the 24th just as Ingary was beginning to mobilize the Byzantines attacked making a 70-mile deep swath into Ingarian lands.
This is just the fluff for you guys.I also made a map for this land
This map does not include colonies

Hey, guys, I'll post an army soon enough just trying to get hold of a few more figurines. This is supposed be a dieselpunk world that is heavily inspired by WWI. Invite you guys to build and army and claim a spot on the map for your mighty nation! There are a few rules on this map:
1. Leave room for other people.
2. Don't make your faction broken.
3. Nothing too sci-fi no helicopters, sloped armor, or powerful engines.
4. Have fun!
remember :studgod: kiddos
bann154 wrote:Image
Updated map featuring the Union States and the Sovak Union as well as The Empire Of Ethias
motorhead fan wrote:I recently visited the trenches in belgium and made a design for a trooper in my head, I moved it to the back of my head because I wanted a load
of xenomorphs a bit more than the ww1 style troopers, but I could move them a bit further towards the front of my head...

But maybe my Planetary defence force troopers would fit in?
They were actually meant to be ww1 style when I first got them.

If this world is in the same universe as everyone else, we could say one of my ships crashlanded randomly onto this planet
and enough of my guys survived to form a small army. But all the sci fi tek got smashed into smithereens in the crash an the had
to start making new tanks and cannons?
Here's what they look like.
Historynut13 wrote:Image

I color coded the map, added in countries as to where I believed they should be based on descriptions, and added my nation, "The Principality of Wisconia" as well as the Wisconian colony south of Afria. I will put up some back story on Wisconia when I have some pictures of my army. That will hopefully be done by the end of the week.

Questions, comments, or concerns let me know.

PS. If you don't like the map... meet me on the battlefield. :D
Historynut13 wrote:Below are descriptions and background information for the current factions on the map. I took descriptions from others and put them in here. If I couldn't find any information on a nation I made it up.... Feel free to change or alter anything you want, except Wisconia, Ingary or Icrin lol. I'm working diligently on my Wisconia force as well as Ingary and Icrin. I'm hoping to have pictures of my Wisconia force up by Friday. Also planning a prototype unit for Byzantine as well. Hoping to go for a cross between WWI and Medieval for them. Let me know what you think!

The Sultan of Afria-Afria exists to the south of the Sovak Union and have recently pledged their support to help take down the Union States in hopes of getting more technology to help advance their rather old-fashioned technology.

The Great Country of Austras-The glorious country of Austras was recently dragged into the war between the Union States, Sovak Union, and Ethias when their own country began to be non-violently invaded by Ethias as they would march troops through Austras without consent of the Austras government. However, Ethias saw this as the quickest way to move troops to the north of the Union States. However, the Austrasian government has taken it as an act of war and allied themselves with the Union States and have pledged troops to assist in the defense of Woodbury.

The Kingdom of Caledonia-Caledonia is a smaller country to the north of the Union States neighboring Austras. They have recently sent a few battalions of troops to help the Union States stave off the invasion of Ethias and the Sovak Union.

The Empire of Ethias-Ethias lays to the north of the Union States but south of The Common Wealth. They are highly advanced technologically boasting many types of man portable automatic weapons and high caliber cannons but that is not all. They are known to dabble in the occult and dark practices done only in secret in other countries.

The Sovak Union-The Sovak Union exists to the East of the Union States and have recently taken the battle to them and have begun an invasion of the Union States. This has been met with heavy resistance. However, it appears that there is no clear victor… yet.

The Union States-The Union States is a group of states that form up into a single government that exists south of the Common Wealth. However, they owe no allegiance to the Common Wealth. They refrain from attacking and have not yet decided if to join them in The Great War as they currently have other threats to deal with at their own southern borders.

Kingdom of Ingary
-The Kingdom of Ingary is one of Western Caucasia’s largest coal producers. It is also home to a large majority of “Peaches.” Because of this, Ingary has always had trouble with ethnic relations within its borders. The Kingdom was slow to action when The Great War broke out and on April 24th, 1920, just when the Ingarian forces were beginning to mobilize the Byzantine’s and their Icrian allies attacked. The first week saw the Byzantine forces make a 70-mile dagger into Ingarian lands. Within a month 3/4th of Ingarian lands were in Byzantine and Icrian control. By the end of May 1920, the remainder of Ingary surrendered to the combined Byzantine/Icrin forces.

The Byzantine Empire-The Byzantine’s have been the dominant nation in Central Caucasia for centuries. For a long time, Byzantine has laid claims to large parts of Caveland based around ethnic reasons. Caveland refuted these claims and on April 9th, 1920 the Byzantine Empire declared war on Caveland.

The Federated States of Icrin-The Federated States of Icrin is a collection of countries that allied themselves together to challenge the growing Common Wealth. Due to the several treaties between the countries, it made more sense for them to form one nation than to remain several smaller nations. However, with so many different people wanting different things under one flag the nation soon found itself in a deep economic recession. The critical infrastructure of the nation soon began to crumble and the current leader, Prime Minister Vladimir Brickputin, was glad when the Federal Congress voted to join the war on the side of Byzantine.

Caveland-Caveland is a small nation in South Caucasia along the coast. While the country is its own independent nation, 2/3s of the ethnicity is Byzantine. Caveland became its own independent nation centuries before The Great War.

The Common Wealth-The Common Wealth is a group of democratic countries that came together for economic prosperity. The Common Wealth nations are all separate nations but act as one when it comes to foreign affairs outside of The Common Wealth territories. The Common Wealth is allied with the Union States as the Union States was vying for entry into The Common Wealth before The Great War. However, the war has put those hopes on hold for now.

The Principality of Wisconia-Wisconia chose to remain neutral at the beginning of The Great War. Wisconia’s neighbor Icrin has always been a regional rival. When Icrin joined forces with Byzantine, war seemed inevitable. The world was caught off guard when the combined Byzantine/Icrin force cut a 70-mile swath into Ingary territory within a week. Fearing that war was on the horizon, Wisconia began military preparations. A call for volunteers was issued, conscription was implemented, and a general war footing was set. On June 1st, 1920, Icrin and Byzantine declared war on Wisconia. With this declaration, many within the Wisconia Royal Army felt that resistance to such overwhelming and technologically advanced forces, they defected or deserted. The first week of the war saw tens of thousands of Wisconian soldiers leave the country. This has left Wisconia on a weak war footing and now much of the country is being defended by lightly armed auxiliary units and town watch groups.
Historynut13 wrote:I decided to make a map of Wisconia in my free time. I'm hoping to eventually use it as a Campaign map for the combined Icrin/Byzantine invasion of Wisconia. I promise pictures are really coming soon. Holidays are busy... Enjoy!

Edit: Updated Map of Wisconia

Historynut13 wrote:Working on a few projects for Wisconia. Most notably a squadron of cavalry and a platoon of Colonial Troops, both for Wisconia. I've also been brainstorming and planning out a look for Icrin and Byzantine. While doing both of those things I also have been brainstorming ideas for a campaign. Here is the map:

The map is only a rendering in paint. I hope to make the map in brick form for the actual campaign.

My hope is to play out the story of The Wisconian Front in Brik Wars through this campaign. (I'm looking for suggestions for campaign rule sets if anybody has some.) Otherwise i've been tinkering with my own rule sets.
Below is some background for the campaign. My idea for turns right now is that 1 turn=1 week. Icrin's objective is to capture the Village of Ironville by the end of the summer. Again, any comments, questions, or suggestions are encouraged and greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Brik Wars: The Great War

The Wisconian Front

Summer Campaign-June 1st, 1920-August 31st, 1920

Background: On June 1st, 1920, The Federated States of Icrin declared war on The Principality of Wisconia. The first week of the campaign is relatively quiet. With the mass exodus of Royal Army personnel from the Wisconian Royal Army, Icrin hopes that Wisconia will capitulate without a fight. However, the remaining soldiers within Wisconia are digging in. This war footing has made Icrin believe that Wisconia will not give up without a fight. Now, Wisconia waits for the onslaught…
Historynut13 wrote:Hi guys, sorry it's been awhile since I've posted anything in here. Got a new job and things got hectic and I needed to make money. I have some more actual lego stuff coming but it will be awhile yet. I have also added another country to the map. The Republic of Ogovalonia! I've also come up with some fluff for them. I have a plan to get some troops for them shortly, maybe.... Let me know your thoughts if any!

Historynut13 wrote:Added my far east nation The Empire of Osea.
Historynut13 wrote:The Empire of Osea
Background: The Empire of Osea is located east of the Caucasian Continent. Osea is an island nation, short on raw materials and highly populated. While not currently considered a regional power, Osea is looking to make a move with the recent conflict between the Union States and Sovak Union.

Osea is a proud, traditional, pre-industrial nation. Much of he populous have strong family values and believe in strength through unity. This has caused Osea to be an isolationist nation for he past several decades due to a mistrust of outsiders and technology.

The Osean Emperor Taisho Blockagami is seeking to expand Osean influence and strengthen the nation. Fearing that his nation can easily be subjugated due to the lack of raw materials naturally occurring in Osea, Emperor Taisho has instituted a lucrative trade agreement with the Sultan of Afria and the Sovak Union.

In return for the massive amounts of raw materials provided to them the Osean Empire pledges their support in regional conlficts when called upon. Because of this, much of Osean military doctrine and technology follows that of the Sovak Union.

Being an island nation, Osea has also made efforts to expand and improve their naval forces. This move has caught the eye of the Republic of Ogovalonia. Tensions have recently begun to boil between the two island nations.
bann154 wrote:
Nemoto-Sensei wrote:Ossum stuff ya have here. Also, the Duchy of Wesselheim occupies the left half of the island to the right of Ogovalonia's possession of South Afria. We'd also like a small piece of South Afria like Wisconia and Ogovalonia.
Ask and you shall Receive. I may have to do some edits to make Wesselheim more readable.
Last edited by bann154 on Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places

Nemoto-Sensei
Champion
Champion

Re: The Great War Index

Post by Nemoto-Sensei » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:52 pm

Ossum stuff ya have here. Also, the Duchy of Wesselheim occupies the left half of the island to the right of Ogovalonia's possession of South Afria. We'd also like a small piece of South Afria like Wisconia and Ogovalonia.

bann154
bann is the mann

Post by bann154 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:19 am

Nemoto-Sensei wrote:Ossum stuff ya have here. Also, the Duchy of Wesselheim occupies the left half of the island to the right of Ogovalonia's possession of South Afria. We'd also like a small piece of South Afria like Wisconia and Ogovalonia.
Ask and you shall Receive. I may have to do some edits to make Wesselheim more readable.

Historynut13
Hero

Post by Historynut13 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:01 am

This is so exciting to see this theme continue to grow! Thanks to Bann for moving everything into this one post! I'll have some more stuff for Icrin coming next weekish!
"Your life has value too."

Nemoto-Sensei
Champion
Champion

Post by Nemoto-Sensei » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:58 am

Historynut13 wrote:This is so exciting to see this theme continue to grow! Thanks to Bann for moving everything into this one post! I'll have some more stuff for Icrin coming next weekish!
Hmm maybe interested in a Wisconian-Wesselheimian alliance? You could build some bases in my territory to solidify your control over your Afrian colony :P

Historynut13
Hero

Post by Historynut13 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:34 pm

Nemoto-Sensei wrote:
Historynut13 wrote:This is so exciting to see this theme continue to grow! Thanks to Bann for moving everything into this one post! I'll have some more stuff for Icrin coming next weekish!
Hmm maybe interested in a Wisconian-Wesselheimian alliance? You could build some bases in my territory to solidify your control over your Afrian colony :P
Not going to say no to that! Wisconia needs all the help it can get to maintain control of its only overseas territory. :)

Nemoto-Sensei
Champion
Champion

Post by Nemoto-Sensei » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:07 pm

Ah crap forgot to mention the other half of the island on which Wesselheim is located belongs to another nation called The Anatolian Republic. I have yet to make a forum post for them but I already have the troops, an artillery gun and I'm currently working on an armored car for them.

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:51 pm

Nemoto-Sensei wrote:Ah crap forgot to mention the other half of the island on which Wesselheim is located belongs to another nation called The Anatolian Republic. I have yet to make a forum post for them but I already have the troops, an artillery gun and I'm currently working on an armored car for them.
oof such a tease
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

Historynut13
Hero

Post by Historynut13 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:48 am

Nemoto-Sensei wrote:Ah crap forgot to mention the other half of the island on which Wesselheim is located belongs to another nation called The Anatolian Republic. I have yet to make a forum post for them but I already have the troops, an artillery gun and I'm currently working on an armored car for them.

Looking forward to what you have to show! I just did a post for The Federated States of Icrin! :D

bann154
bann is the mann

Post by bann154 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:49 am

Ooooh! What color should the be on the map?
Historynut13 wrote:

Looking forward to what you have to show! I just did a post for The Federated States of Icrin! :D
Nice! It has been added to the current faction list.

Nemoto-Sensei
Champion
Champion

Post by Nemoto-Sensei » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:09 pm

Hmm just light grey will do please :D

bann154
bann is the mann

Post by bann154 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:29 pm

Nemoto-Sensei wrote:Hmm just light grey will do please :D
Updated.

Nemoto-Sensei
Champion
Champion

Post by Nemoto-Sensei » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:00 pm

Awesome thank you so much! I'll post the entry for the Anatolians soon. :tiger: Also could I get a rundown of the alliances and such? Just so I don't get in bed with my enemies or attack my allies :p

Historynut13
Hero

Post by Historynut13 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:10 am

Nemoto-Sensei wrote:Awesome thank you so much! I'll post the entry for the Anatolians soon. :tiger: Also could I get a rundown of the alliances and such? Just so I don't get in bed with my enemies or attack my allies :p
So, the basic premise is Byzantine invaded Caveland which caused a war between Byzantine and The Common Wealth. Byzantine in turn invaded Ingary and is allied with Icrin, which was initially described as the Duchy of Icrin. I have since changed up that part of the lore.

So currently… Byzantine and Icrin vs. The Common Wealth, Caveland, and Ingary.

I haven’t really gotten around to it in my fluff yet but Wisconia was neutral but after Icrin and Byzantine declared war on her she is now allied with Ingary. Ogalvalonia is also Wisconian friendly and while Byzantine and The Common Wealth seem to be the two major powers on the continent Wisconia isn’t friendly towards the Common Wealth either. Wisconia is also at odds with the Sultan of Afria due to currently being in possession of some of their territory in Afria.

So with that, Wisconia vs. Icrin and Byzantine. Friendly towards Ogalvalonia. Unfriendly towards The Sultan of Afria. Neutral towards all others.

As far as Bann’s fluff and lore, Union States, Caledonia and Austras vs. Sovak Union and The Sultan of Afria. I believe Ethias is against everybody or something but I’m not 100% sure yet. Bann can correct me if I’m wrong.

Hope that helps clear it up a bit. I feel like my explanation is a bit disjointed so let me know if you are confused.

Nemoto-Sensei
Champion
Champion

Post by Nemoto-Sensei » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:09 pm

Thanks nut this really helps clear it up a ton! Also here's my flickr acc which I just fired up. There's some pics of more Great War builds on it. Enjoy c; https://www.flickr.com/photos/146983776 ... 178094317/