[HPH20] Natco Field Mech

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Bragallot, Zahru II, Natalya, RedRover

silasw
Official Duck
Official Duck

[HPH20] Natco Field Mech

Post by silasw » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:44 pm

Forever overshadowed by rival corporation Octan, Natco has decided that the only way to compete is by force.

This mech is powered by solar panels and the proprietary terrarium power source in the center. The arm blades were originally designed for farming, but they work well enough for chopping through enemies.

76 pieces, give or take a few depending on how you count.

Gorvoslov
Hero

Re: [HPH20] Natco Field Mech

Post by Gorvoslov » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:03 pm

Natco Field Mech
Style: 9. Incorporating a flower itself would have made this a 10.
Substance: 9.
Photography: 9.
Story: 9.
Total: 27 (36 tiebreaker)

Bookwyrm
Champion
Champion

Post by Bookwyrm » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:54 pm

> Style -- I concur with Gorvoslov here, a flower in the terrarium would have been the icing on the cake. As is I love the “clean energy” aesthetic these guys have, as an exact opposite to the hyper industrial Octan. Oh hey, Natural Company, NatCo, opposite of Octan but backwards... wow that really couldn’t have worked out any better could it? 9/10

> Substance -- I like the base of this build a lot more than the limbs. The technic beam arms heavily limit their horizontal mobility and poseability unfortunately which is crucial on a mech with melee weapons. But still really good work at making the pieces at your disposal go a long way. 8/10

> Photography -- Inconsistent lighting and some glare here and there but everything is clear and visible, solid parts breakdown. Appreciate the use of the lightbox background. 8/10

> Story -- Hell yeah, I always love it when peeps use the HPH as a way to introduce a new faction to the Brikverse, looking forward to Octan vs Natco shenanigans! 9/10

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:26 am

Style: 9/10
Substance: 9/10
Photography: 9/10
Story: 5/10

Flower-power mechs ftw
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

silasw
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by silasw » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:50 pm

Thanks for the feedback! I had a flower in there at one point but it kept falling off and it was a pain to take the whole thing apart to re-attach it... I should really figure out a better way.