The Inquistadorial Monarchy (2020)

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, Natalya, RedRover

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

The Inquistadorial Monarchy (2020)

Post by Bragallot » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:51 am

The Inquistadorial Monarchy is a brutal civilization notorious for their elitist attitude and usage of slavery. They worship their massive home planet, Dios, as their god king.

Military

The assembled military might. Inquistadors predominantly rely on heavy armour and superior firepower.

Infantry:

Inquistador troopers have heavy armour that makes them highly resistant to small arms fire. They wield standard blasters and have shock batons they can draw when an enemy closes to melee. These shock batons don't maintain a steady beam like most other energy weapons, but when activated create a brief but sudden lance of energy that has caught many an opponent off guard.

Heavy troopers have chainsaws and laser carbines.

Officers use jetpacks to quickly traverse the battlefield and direct troops where required.

Nobles vary in rank, but are always in some position of command. They are groomed from birth to espouse inquistador ideals and lead by example.

Commandos are the most elite infantry, employed where regular troops would fail. They are allowed modified equipment personalized to their talents and needs.

From left to right: Captain, Vanguard, Berserker, Psychic.

More commandos. Blaster, Heavy, Assassin.

Gunslinger and Flamer. On the right is an experiment of House Lacruz, a cybernetic soldier using Neo-Prussian technology scavenged from a battlefield. Though inquistadors are generally suspicious of AI's, the combat ability of this ex-psychobot, dubbed 'Fuego', cannot be underestimated.

Vehicles

Hover bikes with side mounted guns are a useful scouting and skirmish tool, and often means of transportation for the highly ranked. The pilots shown here are trained to be able to operate any inquistador vehicle or spacecraft.

The Hyena, though not the most agile of mechs, is a reliable and sturdy asset on any battlefield. It is armed with a grenade launcher and two heavy lasers.

The Jackal is the Hyena's bigger brother. It has an arm-mounted flamer and minigun and a shoulder mounted heavy laser and laser cannon.

If you look closely at both mechs you can see the pilot inside.

Tigre tanks, an inquistador technological marvel, provide more mobile fire support. These light tanks are able to be air dropped and are remote controlled from a virtual environment that simulates the tank's cockpit.

Apart from their main gun they have two side-mounted light antipersonnel lasers.

Navy:

The inquistador armada is made up out of Dragonhead Cruisers. These battleships are often customized to fit a commander's needs or preferences.

Leadership:

Inquistador power is divided over many major and minor noble houses. The duques and duquesas of these houses form a council fronted by the most powerful person in the monarchy: the Archiduque.

The Comandante is the highest ranked military leader of a noble house.

Comandante Esmeralda Lacruz, responsible for the liberation of Dios from the mutant threat that crippled it for years, is the current rising star of the monarchy, though her success bequeaths jealous detractors as well as admirers.

Duques and duquesas are the leaders of the noble houses. They are usually accompanied by loyal custodians, whose beam staffs double as a melee and a ranged weapon.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Re: The Inquistadorial Monarchy (2020)

Post by sahasrahla » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:16 pm

these guys are HOT. the dragonheard cruisers are my favorite i think. also the concept of worshipping your home planet is awesome

Venge
there are no brakes on the ban train

Post by Venge » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:34 pm

These guys have always been such snappy dressers. You've done a great job of mixing the old and new parts for them. I forget though, what was the in-universe explanation for why some vehicles use tan and gold instead of red (other than parts shortages lol)? Also, is that a peach??? I thought, and the Wiki says "Peaches, Brittanians, followers of other religions, atheists and any kind of non-humans are amongst their prime targets." Of course, since the Brittanians have been allied with them in The Immortal War that is evidently not that accurate to begin with . . . Anyway, nice to see these guys still around!
Formerly known as TheVengefulOne. Times banned by Natalya: 10 (+ 1 alt).

My BrikWars Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:59 pm

I don't think I ever explained it, apart from a mention of the tan coloured Dragonhead Cruisers (Jaguars) being more elite. It's really a parts thing.

One could assume that they used all of the red paint on their uniforms, or build the better vehicles out of a material that happens to have that colour, or that the raw resources on Dios are pretty much depleted and they started getting differently coloured resources for their vehicles from other planets. Or that the different noble houses distinguish their vehicles by colour (which is really handy during a civil war)...

I could technically make some tan troopers for them so it makes more sense but the tan guys are Neo-Prussian troops right now and I have no idea how I could make them look like inquistadores.

The alliance with the Britannian League was always rather strenuous. Ironically Sharane Darkstar, the Immortal sent to direct them, was a Peach, with Peach and Yellow agents under her command so their anti-Peach sentiment was difficult to maintain in the light of that.

Some still hold those views of course, but Commandante Lacruz and the so far unnamed Duquesa you see there are part of a more progressive branch. They're not goody two shoes and it comes more from pragmatism than any sort of idealism. The inquistadors just had a really rough time politically and can't afford to wantonly make enemies so much anymore.

Also pragmatism from me because I just thought that fig looked cool and didn't want to not make it because I can't have Peaches among the Inquistadores. ;)

I kinda wanna move the inquistadors away from being pure evil to the bone in the long run since it's just kinda boring. They'll remain badasses and are not going to become good guys any time soon though.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Venge
there are no brakes on the ban train

Post by Venge » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:01 pm

Lol, I figured it was a parts issue with the red/tan thing. Although your theory about different noble houses using different colors is cool, maybe one house controls the larger mech/tank/elite Dragonhead production yards?

I remember Sharane! It seems some of the Immortals' pragmatism may have rubbed off on their allies.
Formerly known as TheVengefulOne. Times banned by Natalya: 10 (+ 1 alt).

My BrikWars Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:10 am

these are rad. the mix of tan and red is kind of nice
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.
ImageImageImage

TEORI
Hero

Post by TEORI » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:45 am

All good. Is there a benchmark for dimensional comparison of naval ships? For example, how many meters, how many crew, what guns ...

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:08 am

I was thinking about that, I think there used to be, but it kinda depends on what scale you build on... I (and most people I guess) use 1x1 pieces as starfighters in microspace, if we could get an approximate length of a LEGO starfighter, that would be it.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank

Post by Kaplan » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:41 pm

Inquistadors have very unique figure and vehichle designs. Together with their lore and unit diversity they are one of the most iconic factions in brikwars history imo. I'm happy to see the faction revived with a 2020 version of the Army Overwatch topic.