A few random figs for 2,021 February FigBarf [FF21]

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

A few random figs for 2,021 February FigBarf [FF21]

Post by BrickSyd » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:18 pm

Since 2020 will be remembered as the year I had time for Lego again, here are a few entries for FF21 :guinness:

All four are for the Purist Pugilists category.

High Templar
Some High Templar from an ancient interdimensional Precursor race. Strong in arcane magic and devoted to cosmic powers, they can manipulate energies not even known to most of the Brikverse. They rarely make contact with other galactic civilizations as this would be incompatible with their "higher" sources of motivation. Seeing them around you is usually not a good sign and very few civilizations survived such encounters.

Enchanted Guard Tower
Two of many enchanted guard tower created with unicorn dust by a group of swamp pixies.
(credit to my GF for those!)

Guardian Angels
Guardian Angels are tall, mythical creatures. Often mistaken for fairies, the truth is that they are something else entirely. There are many legends from different cultures referencing these beings.
According to most prophecies, they are the ones who give their lives to save those who are needed or worthy.

The upside down scarf not only increases the height of the minifig but it also hides the white neckpart that's needed to clip the wings to the back of the minifig.
The wings are assembled in a way that you can deploy them at any angle. It's a pretty simple technique that allow for great posability and playability.

Precursor Golem
These Golems are strong, smart and disposable melee units. They can fill a variety of roles, from cannon fodder to infiltration for the Precursors. Their quantum staff can create portals and their unbreakable shields can bend the surrounding light to make them invisible. Their dimensional suits makes it possible to contain the dark energy they are mostly filled with. They tend to become very unstable when broken.

The helmet installed backward integrates very well to the back print of the minifig.
The head of the minifig is black so even if you look into its large eyes, only darkness can be seen.

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons
an avid fan of large round cannons

Re: A few random figs for 2,021 February FigBarf [FF21]

Post by Kommander Ken » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:19 pm

High Templar
Style - 6
Story - 8
Photography - 8
Thematic Potetial - 6

Enchanted Guard Tower
Style - 6
Story - 4
Photography - 8
Thematic Potential - 6

Guardian Angels
Style - 8
Story - 8
Photography - 8
Thematic Potential - 6

Precursor Golem
Style - 8
Story - 7
Photography - 8
Thematic Potential - 6

As a kid, I always put those old astronaut helmets on backwards and pretended it was a face. I'm glad to see someone else find a good use for that!

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:37 pm

I like that you built multiples of all of these, makes for nice presentation. I think they could be pushed further from the base minifigs to get more style in there.

My scores are formatted as follows: (style, story, photography, thematic potential)

High Templar (6, 7, 9, 8)
Enchanted Guard (7, 6, 8, 7)
Guardian Angels (8, 7, 8, 7)
Precursor Golem (10, 7, 8, 9)
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:05 am

ninja_bait wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:37 pm
I think they could be pushed further from the base minifigs to get more style in there.
That's some very constructive criticism that I totally have to agree with. Thank you!

Bookwyrm
Champion
Champion

Post by Bookwyrm » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:19 pm

Apologies for the late judging, in order to expedite the progress I’ll forego my usual commentary and jump straight for the rankings unless I want to make a specific note on something.

Also holy shit hey bricksyd it’s been a while since I’ve seen you around here, glad to have the man himself back!

HIGH TEMPLAR
Style - 8
Story - 8
Photos - 9
Potential - 8

ENCHANTED GUARD TOWER
Style - 8
Story - 8
Photos - 9
Potential - 9

GUARDIAN ANGEL
Style - 9
Story - 8
Photos - 9
Potential - 8
I’m totally stealing the upside down neck scarf/wings combo in the future because it’s so good

PRECURSOR GOLEM
Style - 10
Story - 8
Photos - 9
Potential - 8
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME