GGE Seagull Mk. II Utility Shuttle [BB21]

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

GGE Seagull Mk. II Utility Shuttle [BB21]

Post by ninja_bait » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:17 pm

The Seagull Mk. II is a redesign of an old build. The original Seagull has been scrapped for about a year, but I got the inspiration to redo it after a couple recent additions to the GGE Navy (to be posted soon, hopefully).
Original version
Show
This is the cleanest pic I could find.
The Seagull is modular so it can serve a variety of roles, including assault, search-and-rescue, and reconnaissance. It is commonly equipped with advanced electronic warfare systems to jam enemy sensors and provide long-range radar information. Weapons systems can be mounted to a variety of hardpoints as needed. Alternatively, searchlights and medical pods can be used in a Medevac configuration.
Configurations
Show
The base model is minimally equipped, with just two forward cannons.
These are used for purely logistical roles.

The Medevac model has additional searchlights and an advanced sensor suite, as well as additional wing-mounted medical pods for transporting patients. Two patients can be under active medical care in the rear cabin, and two patients can be carried in stasis on the wings, in addition to passengers with minor injuries in the front cabin.

A common assault configuration is equipped with 3 PDCs providing full coverage of the Seagull, twin rocket pods, and ship-to-ship torpedoes, as well as electronic warfare equipment. This configuration provides flexibility for dense combat situations, while maintaining the ability to carry marines or perform rescue operations.
The front cabin accommodates a crew of up to five, depending on the mission profile. A pilot and flight engineer are the typical minimum crew. The front is equipped with a small galley and weapons storage. The rear serves as an airlock for EVA missions, an emergency medbay, crew quarters, or passenger and cargo space.

More Interior details
Show
The Seagull serves as the beloved workhorse of the GGE Navy, keeping supply lines open, scouting the battles ahead, and saving countless lives from the dangers of space. For the weary warriors of the GGE, no sight is more welcome than a convoy of Seagulls arriving with critical supplies and reinforcements.

More views
Show
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Re: GGE Seagull Mk. II Utility Shuttle [BB21]

Post by sahasrahla » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:37 pm

favorite feature is probably the double-bars connecting the wings to the body

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:24 pm

Style - 10
Very legible shape and believable craft. There is too much NPU to point everything out. Angles are great

Substance - 10
Multiple loadouts is a nice touch and the craft is packed with play features. Impressive how much you are able to fit in without bloating the build

Photography - 10
Photography is top notch, and the graphic seals the deal

Boast, Tie-Breaker Category - 9.5
So much info and story, knocked off half a point because you were too humble about not rubbing this amazing build in everyones' faces.

Overall Score - 30 + 9.5 tiebreaker
This is what dreams are made of

Beckero103
Champion
Champion

Post by Beckero103 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:00 am

Style - 9.5
This is a GREAT ship - would gladly build this same design for a cameo faction. Really well thought out.

Substance - 10
Not only looks the part but has the functions to back it up. Presentation is great and all of the components are built in a way to make it obvious what they are.

Photography - 8.5
Overall good photos. +.5 for the starting ship card. Would prefer more natural light and less shadows but overall well-presented.

Boast, Tie-Breaker Category - 9
Great presentation and lore, really captures the feel of a development of design over time. The different modular versions are super cool.

Overall Score - 28 + 9 tiebreaker
Amazing ship - very clean and functional while looking like a a real combat vehicle. I'm definitely going to build one of these.

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:01 pm

Style: 10
Substance: 10
Photography: 9
Boast: 9
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank

Post by Kaplan » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:11 pm

Great shaping of the vehichle and very good presentation.

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Thu May 06, 2021 12:25 pm

Great improvements over the original design. I really like the multi-configuration feature.
That 5 seat cockpit is as tight as it can be. Very well done. Wish I could build something like that.

Itsjustaguy
Champion
Champion

Post by Itsjustaguy » Fri May 21, 2021 12:35 pm

Excellent design, excellent presentation, top-tier post.
RealHumanTM

Valiant
Don't Steal My Tanks (They're Copyrighted)

Post by Valiant » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:44 pm

Wonderful design and brilliant execution. I appreciate your attention to detail within the entirety of the craft - it truly shows.