[JJJ21] The Great City

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Space Bunny
Cannon Fodder

[JJJ21] The Great City

Post by Space Bunny » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:32 am

The city of the champions runs deep with conflict, war on all streets

This build has been in the pipelines for quite a while, but I redid it for JJJ21 with far more improvements in quality... except for the parts I rushed. This isn't up to the best of my standards, but due to limited bricks and time, this is all I've got to show

This area was the beginnings of it, and wasn't really meant to expand from here. The main goal with this was to make some interesting looking buildings other than the classic bricks.

The back alley was a later addition to add more room for fighting, but also being a sudden choice, many of the buildings are rushed on this side

Woah, an alley!

And of course, some out of focus graffiti

.... And some other shots

Now judge me :srs:

MadMario
Purism Prometheus
Purism Prometheus

Re: [JJJ21] The Great City

Post by MadMario » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:20 pm

Style - 9 - Lots of nice building techniques / NPU here. Interesting shaping everywhere!

Substance - 8 - A bit too much greyscale, I think. On some points it´s clearly to see that it was partially rushed.

Photography - 7 - Pictures are below the standard I´m used to from most of your previous posts. A little greenish, often blurry and a restless background. Choice of angles and focus are based as always.

Theme - 8 - A meeting point for all of your current factions and some cameos as well!
Compendium of my works
ImageImageImage
More Badges
Show
ImageImageImageImage

Pyro
Champion
Champion

Post by Pyro » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:12 am

I like it!
You are not worthy as my opponent

Valiant
Don't Steal My Tanks (They're Copyrighted)

Post by Valiant » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:51 pm

Style - 9 - The scope of this is fantastic. I appreciate the variation in architecture, terrain, and piece utilisation (NPU all around). It truly feels like an urban industrial centre that has seen better days.

Substance - 8 - Good building techniques all around. For a rushed timeline you accomplished a great deal. The two points docked only go towards loose ends (rainbow bricks visible, unconcealed terrain support, etc.). They make the diorama feel rough around the edges in a "this build is incomplete" way.

Photography - 7 - Clean photos, clear focus point, good lighting - I'm a sucker for natural lighting! I would recommend incorporating something to block the shelves in future photos with large dioramas (a white sheet would suffice). That and a bounce board (or two) will help to diffuse and scatter the light to make your photographs that much better. (If you want some tips from a professional, check out this 5-minute video on lighting!

Theme - 8 - This is a great tie-in for your forces! I would love to see this piece of landscape become the centre of a BR, Soap, or forum/Discord battle :D

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:56 pm

style - 9 - I think the one thing I would add is height and layers
substance - 9 - really good greebling and color blocking
photography - 8 - I'll give a higher score here than others, I feel like the gritty photos work toward the style.
theme - 8 - kind of a standard space bunny verse situation but high production value
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.