[JJJ22] Another day in the caves

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

bertinator
Minifig

[JJJ22] Another day in the caves

Post by bertinator » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:26 pm

Greetings Rock Raider!

You see that? Up there in the air is one of our Small Diggers, the vehicle that has it all. Agile, good drilling speed and one hell of a trunk. Only thing it can't do is climb walls. So we have our Heavy Mobile Utility Platform lift it onto plateaus and such when we need it. That trick wasn't in the Rock Raiders handbook y'know, we came up with that ourselves.

That happy orange dude there? Yeah, that's me. I was the one who insisted we search behind this cave wall. And what do you know - stuffed with energy crystals!

An accident is never far away here in these dark caves. Just now, a Small Digger bumped right into a Small Transport Truck on our cave highway. That'll be causing some delays I'm afraid...

Jet is quickly back on her feet and has already started repairs on both the vehicles.

Axle decided to interrupt his trip to the Ore Refinery and assist in getting everyone back on track.

Bucky is feeling a bit shaken, but we're sure he will be fine. It's just before lunch time, so a bunch of sandwiches and some Sax music at the Canteen will surely do wonders for his spirits.

The Chief himself is working really hard on board the Small Mobile Laser Cutter, uncovering energy crystals at an alarming rate. We sure do hope we won't run out of oxygen before we can mine them all.

Carefull now!

Final Overwatch

Scribonius
Nice TRIPS

Re: [JJJ22] Another day in the caves

Post by Scribonius » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:42 pm

Judging time!

Style: 8 Hmm, this is actually tough. I'm a big fan of Rock Raiders, and you've given it a more sci-fi theme than it already had, but it kind of looks like a bunch of on-the-market sets thrown together. Oh, there's some new stuff that is clearly MOC, but, hmm, I dunno...

Substance: 8 You've got a clear theme, lots of smaller builds for it, and a nice setting. More bricks against the cardboard (and less bare cardboard) would have bumped this to a 9. There is something nice here, but it could be better.

Photography: 9 Bit of fuzziness on the photos, but nice views, good subject matter, and in keeping with the theme and the build placement.

Theme: 9 I like Rock Raiders. End of story. Seriously though, you took one of Lego's old themes, revived it, and added to it by tossing in some aliens and a story line. Nice!

CaLego420
Hero

Post by CaLego420 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:16 pm

Intriguing.

Style: 7. I to am a fan of Rock Raiders, but with the exception of a few MOC's to both figs and vehicles it is essentially just Rock Raiders, ya know.

Substance: 7. Mostly everything I said above applies here, but this does have a small cutesey storyline so thats good enough for me

Photography: 7. I'm not really sure if the patches of darkness are purposefully done, since the action is taking place underground/in a mine so I'll throw caution to the wind and hope that's what your going for

Theme: 7. Again it is Rock Raiders with a small plotline but not so bad as to make me want to throw holy water at it or anything that extreme, so good job

silasw
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by silasw » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:59 pm

Style: 6
So you recreated some of the vehicles from the video game that never came out as sets? Not bad, I can't give full creativity points but it is cool. I do like me some Rock Raiders, and I can see that the vehicles were updated somewhat. The cardboard box as a cave is clever but I'm not a fan of the plates just strewn on the ground.
Substance: 6
You did a good job at capturing the Rock Raiders feel with your parts and colors. Due to that, they do look a bit dated though. I do like the crane vehicle a lot!
Photography: 5
Seems tough to capture action inside a cardboard box. I had a hard time comprehending the scene as a whole by looking at the photos. It would have been interesting to have unique lighting since it's in a cave, but it's just dimly lit from above. Doesn't really feel like a cave.
Theme: 8
Rock Raiders are cool! I am always down more Rock Raiders in Brikwars.