Brikguy's fate

terraria, dwarf fortress, whatever, they're all the same damn game

Moderators: RagnarokRose, 501stCadians, dilanski

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Re: Brikguy's fate

Post by The Shadowscythe » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:19 pm

Spoiler
Show
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:16 pm

Brikguy0410 wrote:I still have one last thing to do, not being a dick
Brikguy0410 wrote:you won't want to play minecraft anymore
Yeah that doesn't sound like being a dick at all. Good work, as always
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:00 pm

On further thought, I forget that you're 12 sometimes and there's a lot of social interplay stuff you don't figure out until later in life. So I'm going to try and lay it out here.

First off, whether or not you're a dick has nothing to do with whether or not you meant to be a dick. If you do something that makes your victim not want to play anymore, you're a dick, regardless if you "meant" to be a dick or were just trying to be funny.

It's not about what you do. It's about knowing whether your victim is going to think it's funny. I could play a prank on Shadowscythe and it would be funny, because I have a pretty good idea what Scythe thinks is funny, and if he was having a bad day or something and didn't think it was funny then I'd find a way to make it up to him.

If I played the same prank on somebody else, it would probably make me a dick - even though it was the exact same prank - because I don't know him as well, I don't have as good an idea of what he thinks is funny, and we don't have the same history of rapport built up.

When you, BrikGuy, pull "pranks," you don't have that same awareness of other people's inner workings and the network of social interplay, because you're 12, and 12-year-olds don't have that brain function yet. So most of the time you'll look like a dick, and there's not really much that can be done about it. My advice would be, unless you know for a fact that your target is going to think your prank is funny and it's going to make their experience more fun, think twice.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:20 pm

Well, as much as I appreciate scythes work, I've gone and adminned it up. Next time your on scythe, I owe you a dozen buckets of lava. for now this is emergent gameplay, as most of it so far has been harmless. I'm not Mike, please don't make me have to make meaningful decisions and ban people as that makes me all depressed and stuff.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

The Shadowscythe
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:10 am

Heh - anyone with even a base knowledge of fluids would probably see that lava is the "easy clean" method of education.

I must ask, what about the cake? I put a lot of hard work and effort into that cake, arky made it for me and everything.
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Re: I'm changing

Post by RagnarokRose » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:25 pm

Brikguy0410 wrote:I have decided not to be a dick anymore, gave back all the building materials, also the village cords are x 556 z -1454 please do not kill the villagers, please ask me before moving any villagers, please do not grief the villagers houses
Would like to note that this was posted about five minutes after the declaration of war. Prank wars tend to fuck up servers, annoy people, and deal collateral damage- not all that much different than actual pranks, actually! Let's not do that, mkay? :rtfm:
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science, History, and Literature Expert

Post by Brikguy0410 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:16 pm

Mkay

SIR_WHO
Battlefield General

Post by SIR_WHO » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:25 pm

Bah, none of you guys are original enough. Let me tell you the story of a public server where the mods where really, really, really tough to greifers...

Okay, so.. heres what they did: They made a maze. then, they filled it with nether portals, but you could never go through the nether portals. So, they put greifers in it, and when you're in a nether portal in minecraft, you can't do anything, log off, nothing. the greifers got shoved in that for punishment, while the entire server's populace watched.

Let this be a lesson to you, Brikguy. Because, I know of many things that you really, really won't enjoy. :mrgreen: :rtfm: :twisted:
Last edited by SIR_WHO on Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
~~Who

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:33 pm

Why are you so obsessed with Taz? Every single post you've made in this forum praises or advocates for Taz. Let me tell you something, Taz isn't that great. I've never even heard of him, and with the way you're going on about him I can only assume he's arrogant and full of himself.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:04 pm

SIR_WHO wrote:Okay, so.. heres what they did: They made a maze. then, they filled it with nether portals, but you could never go through the nether portals. So, they put greifers in it, and when you're in a nether portal in minecraft, you can't do anything, log off, nothing. the greifers got shoved in that for punishment, while the entire server's populace watched.
That isn't griefing, that is a minor inconvenience, seriously minecraft needs better grief mechanics. I have griefing tales from Excel Internet spaceship edition that would make the most 'hard-core' minecraft griefers hair curl.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

SIR_WHO
Battlefield General

Post by SIR_WHO » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:21 pm

Silverdream wrote:Why are you so obsessed with Taz? Every single post you've made in this forum praises or advocates for Taz. Let me tell you something, Taz isn't that great. I've never even heard of him, and with the way you're going on about him I can only assume he's arrogant and full of himself.
is this a problem? I can not mention him if it bothers you- It just happens that a lot of my memorable expierences in minecraft include him in some way, and I've only acutally mentioned him twice. So, if it bugs you so much silver, I'll stop. I'll never put anything in a post about him again. Starting from now. 03/7/14
~~Who

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Post by Battlegrinder » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:11 pm

SIR_WHO wrote:Bah, none of you guys are original enough. Let me tell you the story of a public server where the mods where really, really, really tough to greifers...

Okay, so.. heres what they did: They made a maze. then, they filled it with nether portals, but you could never go through the nether portals. So, they put greifers in it, and when you're in a nether portal in minecraft, you can't do anything, log off, nothing. the greifers got shoved in that for punishment, while the entire server's populace watched.

Or how about Taz, who locked you in a bedrock chamber with nausea 100?
Let this be a lesson to you, Brikguy. Because, I know of many things that you really, really won't enjoy. :mrgreen: :rtfm: :twisted:

Oh, god. I got stuck in a portal trap like that once, when some idiot from the town I was visiting decided to install iron doors on the portal. I lost track how long it took for someone to rescue the people who'd gotten trapped.

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:37 am

SIR_WHO wrote:
Silverdream wrote:Why are you so obsessed with Taz? Every single post you've made in this forum praises or advocates for Taz. Let me tell you something, Taz isn't that great. I've never even heard of him, and with the way you're going on about him I can only assume he's arrogant and full of himself.
6. Keep in mind that Sir_Who is 12 (maybe 13) years old.
7. His brother ran the last server, so he's used to getting what he wants.
8. Taz built a lot of stuff on the last server and gave away lots of over powered goodies to players like Sir_Who, Robot Monkey and a few other. That's pretty cool if you're someone trying to get rid of an unsavory player, like me (someone that built everything on his own).
9. See number 6.

Taz was a great guy, but he built everything in creative. Everything. There was no reason to venture away from your house, no reason to mine and no reason to really play except show off the house he built for you and then talk about your day.

Survival mode was not even a mode when the game first came out. It was the game. It's more fun and more interesting when you reap the benefits of your labor rather than have everything handed to you. If anyone is to become a moderator on the server, then I think (this is my opinion, so feel free to disagree) that they should remain in survival mode just like the rest of us, except for teleportation so they can arrive at an incident sooner.

NO ONE should have creative mode on this server. It detracts from the game. I know this has already been discussed, but Silver asked why Sir_Who is obsessed with Taz and I'm tired and found this answer grow longer than the run on sentence you are currently reading.

Taz isn't full of himself, by the way. He's actually a pretty nice guy. He did invite me to build maps with him a while ago... I should really get back to him...

I'm going to bed.
Zupponn wrote:Where the hell did Semaj come from?

Overwatch_Elite
In ™ We Trust Overwatch
In ™ We Trust Overwatch

Post by Overwatch_Elite » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:40 am

SIR_WHO wrote:
is this a problem? I can not mention him if it bothers you- It just happens that a lot of my memorable expierences in minecraft include him in some way, and I've only acutally mentioned him twice. So, if it bugs you so much silver, I'll stop. I'll never put anything in a post about him again. Starting from now. 03/7/14
Oh YEah well I'm gonna hold my breath until you apologize to silva starting now!

SIR_WHO
Battlefield General

Post by SIR_WHO » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:53 am

Well, this problem is resolved then. I just won't mention him in future, and then nobody needs to care.
oh. also, just because Matt ran the server and was my brother on the last server, didn't at all mean that I got anything special, because my brother trusts me about as far as you can throw an anvil.
~~Who