The the end of iron farms

terraria, dwarf fortress, whatever, they're all the same damn game

Moderators: RagnarokRose, 501stCadians, dilanski

Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science, History, and Literature Expert

The the end of iron farms

Post by Brikguy0410 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:54 pm

In the upcoming minecraft 1.8, things like iron golem and pigman farms will be broken because know you will have to kill them manually to get drops, meaning stubby's iron farm will rendered obsolete, and a lot of options for automation will be taken out the the game, on the bright side, with the new slime block mechanics, people have been able to create moving vechicles, I just saw a video of a working AT AT

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Re: The the end of iron farms

Post by stubby » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:37 pm

Nah, there are plenty of iron farms that work just fine through manual slaying. All I do is add a drop at the end of the kill chute so that the iron golems are lava-burnt down to one heart and then dropped far enough out of village range that the village spawns a new one (iron golems take no damage from falls). When I want some iron, I go to the bottom of the chute where the dozens of iron golems are waiting, one hit from death, and kill them manually. Same amount of iron drops, but now I get XP too.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science, History, and Literature Expert

Re: The the end of iron farms

Post by Brikguy0410 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:47 pm

stubby wrote:Nah, there are plenty of iron farms that work just fine through manual slaying. All I do is add a drop at the end of the kill chute so that the iron golems are lava-burnt down to one heart and then dropped far enough out of village range that the village spawns a new one (iron golems take no damage from falls). When I want some iron, I go to the bottom of the chute where the dozens of iron golems are waiting, one hit from death, and kill them manually. Same amount of iron drops, but now I get XP too.
Cool, also I will soon make a thread discussing the new possibilitys for transportation