Goon Squad is Dumb

One man, one vote

Moderator: Butthurt

Insert_blank
おたく
おたく

Re: Goon Squad is Dumb

Post by Insert_blank » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:00 pm

terribletina wrote:Remember that time Ishnox got banned for creating content, the Skeleton war, which was incredibly popular and spawned several spin off battles and soaps?
This by itself proves that anyone talking shit about the arbitrary group that was made by Natalya to... well I'm not sure what the purpose is but whatever, is full of shit. Ishnox got a lot of people building stuff in October and then was banned for it? Duerer is a member of the Goon Squad who makes almost daily contributions across the board from MOCs to forum battles to Soaps. I have 2 soaps I'm working on also. All 3 of us have been featured on the front page multiple times (I think? Maybe Ishnox only once).

It seems like we're being "blamed" for being put into a group we didn't ask to be put in. It's like if you went into a public space and counted everyone into groups of 4 then said, "Everyone who's a four is a huge dick and we should all make fun of them." That'd be a good social experiment, I bet.
Just Monika

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:08 pm

Overwatch_Elite wrote:why would you make a group just to fill it with random members and then blame us for ruining your favorite political discussion website?
@ Goon Squad Composition:
- I filled the group with people who put the Hotdog Boy picture in their signature a couple months ago. Wasn't random people.
- Red Rover you've been targeted by me as a Goon Squad candidate because you make lots of shitposts too. Some are funny but others are shit.
- Silver, same for you, so many shitposts that I kinda wonder if you're also an honourary member or not.
- Note that I haven't added or removed any members from the group since it was created.

@ Marblecake:
- Keldoclock explained it best... He and I go in there for amateur-hour philosophy. Y'all apparently don't have any interest in it so you guys just shitpost. Vami and Zupponn and Silverdream sometimes contribute.
- mgb159 I feel like you think we're a bunch of assholes for the things we say in there, maybe you should try to contradict us then, or recognize that it's a subforum for amateur-hour philosophy and if you don't like that then just avoid that subforum instead of getting all booty bothered.

@ Bragallot:
- Rayhawk probably drove him away because yeah they argued so fucking much. I participated in some of the arguments, and almost never supported his side, but whatever. I don't feel like Brag's departure really has anything to do with this thread though. I think it's disappointing because all of the cool stuff he made, but yeah he butted heads with lots of people and sometimes that can't be helped.

@ Bring Whiteagle back:
- Not today. Request Denied

@ Delete lots of boards below Scuttlebutt:
- I don't think this is necessary. But I might combine some boards in the future.
- Artwork shouldn't be deleted.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:12 pm

Let me see if I can rephrase this entire thread:
- I come on the board
- I read some threads
- Most of them have a bunch of stupid annoying posts about nothing which I am tired of reading because of their inanity
- I'm sick of having to read those posts because then I forget what the thread was even about
- Now I want to kill people.

Something that could remedy the situation would be a one-click post delete button, because then I would delete these idiot posts, but I doubt that exists.
  ▲
▲ ▲

Insert_blank
おたく
おたく

Post by Insert_blank » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:20 pm

I recommend not reading, then. Saves me a lot of trouble in my day to day life.
Just Monika

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:39 pm

Insert_blank wrote:I recommend not reading, then. Saves me a lot of trouble in my day to day life.
+1
  ▲
▲ ▲

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:52 pm

I'm just the forum lawyer, defending those who can't defend themselves.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Insert_blank
おたく
おたく

Post by Insert_blank » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:56 pm

Thanks, White Knight, I'm sending some gratitude cookies your way.
Just Monika

Overwatch_Elite
In ™ We Trust Overwatch
In ™ We Trust Overwatch

Post by Overwatch_Elite » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:14 pm

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:18 pm

That looks like it took way more effort than it was worth.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Overwatch_Elite
In ™ We Trust Overwatch
In ™ We Trust Overwatch

Post by Overwatch_Elite » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:23 pm

Silent-sigfig wrote:That looks like it took way more effort than it was worth.
scroll through some of the post histories here only effort it took was the quick copy paste

Insert_blank
おたく
おたく

Post by Insert_blank » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:27 pm

Make Brikwars great again. Whiteeagle 2016
Just Monika

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:29 pm

Oh are we actually talking about improving the forum. Because the average quality of the forum has stayed the same over time, and we have about as many active members as ever. Hell, we even have contests now (big shoutout to Quantum). But since we're talking about problems that people have...

We can begin with the music. I am probably the most vocal opponent to music, but I'm not the only one opposed to it, and the points everyone raises are valid: It's obnoxious(and even more obnoxious considering the song restarts every time a different page is opened), it irritates current members, and certainly drives away potential new members whose first experience was loud music coming out of nowhere.

Shitposts. I personally think dank memes from the internet are lazy and uncreative, but if you like lazy and uncreative humor go for it. Although I see no issue with these posts being deleted.

I've never felt like marblecake posts are a problem. I rarely read walls of text, and there's no way I'll read them in a bright blue color. Also, that subforum is buried so no one even accidentally sees it.

So here are my proposals to make the forums great again:

6. No more music ever. I know we haven't had music in the past month or so, but let's keep it that way. Forever.

7. Streamline the subforums. Forum battle top threads could be a subforum within forum battles(This should definitely be done). Brikfic can be merged back with art. Maybe magical girls and facts can be moved into thunderdumb. Like a cicada, forum 14 can return to 7 years of slumber. I don't know if battle organization really has a place.

8.Give me posting privileges in beer. This probably won't make the forums great again, but whatever.

9. Unban Whiteagle
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:42 pm

Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:49 pm

Silent-sigfig wrote:Shitposts. I personally think dank memes from the internet are lazy and uncreative, but if you like lazy and uncreative humor go for it. Although I see no issue with these posts being deleted.
I think a lot of problems could be solved by just deleting posts constantly and aggressively. Overwatch showed us the way.
Silent-sigfig wrote:I've never felt like marblecake posts are a problem. I rarely read walls of text, and there's no way I'll read them in a bright blue color. Also, that subforum is buried so no one even accidentally sees it.
Approved. Whatever problems exist here could also be fixed by constantly deleting posts.
Silent-sigfig wrote:6. No more music ever. I know we haven't had music in the past month or so, but let's keep it that way. Forever.
I don't have an opinion about this one, so that's up to Natalya. (Also she's the only one who knows how this even works.) Pissing everybody off periodically is pretty funny though.
Silent-sigfig wrote:7. Streamline the subforums. Forum battle top threads could be a subforum within forum battles(This should definitely be done). Brikfic can be merged back with art. Maybe magical girls and facts can be moved into thunderdumb. Like a cicada, forum 14 can return to 7 years of slumber. I don't know if battle organization really has a place.
If there were really going to be an effort to make the forums better these would all be good ideas. Except the battle organization one. It's never accomplished anything useful, but I feel like it's nice to let people dream sometimes.
Silent-sigfig wrote:8.Give me posting privileges in beer. This probably won't make the forums great again, but whatever.
Now we're talking! This is an immediately actionable recommendation. APPROVED
Silent-sigfig wrote:9. Unban Whiteagle
Request denied. Whiteagle shall forever be the An Herobrine of Brikwars.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:08 pm

Can I have beer access too?
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.