Yes
45%
No
10%
BRRROOOOOOOTALLLZZZZZ
45%

Total votes: 31

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Re: Ragnablok: The Official Thread

Post by Zahru II » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:09 pm

The last time y'all wanted an epic joint culmination it resulted in a peace treaty. Snooze.

Bring on the orkocalypse! It'll be very death of superman - no build up, no sense, no continuity just a lot of rage and punching until everyone drops dead.

Maybe Mike'll make a blingee'd up foil version of the rulebook cover to commemorate it appropriately.

My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:12 pm

Too bad this is the only official Doomsday so far:

Otherwise we'd have an awesome big fig for the brootalz.
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

Mesostopholes
Champion
Champion

Post by Mesostopholes » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:40 pm

So uh anyone in this thread wanna try and incentivize new people recruitment using this event too?
Perhaps some lore rewards or a honorary title. I mean we can all immortalize people like this by making them legends.
THIS POST IS SEKURED BY SEKURE KORP.

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:53 pm

Mesostopholes wrote:So uh anyone in this thread wanna try and incentivize new people recruitment using this event too?
Perhaps some lore rewards or a honorary title. I mean we can all immortalize people like this by making them legends.
Let me dm quantumsurfer. Maybe we can make some special ragnablok badges.

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:44 am

ninja_bait wrote:Let me DM quantumsurfer.

Ninja_Bait: "This adventure is called "Lost Soles". You enter a dark cave, the floor is covered in bat droppings and hundreds of flat fish, The fish look dead. What do you want to do?"

QS: * spends 30 minutes describing his character's back story * "Walk forward and examine a fish".

Ninja_Bait: * rolls dice * "You slip on a fish, bang your head on a rock, and die. You respawn 5 feet behind where you are now, at the entrance of the cave".

QS: * spends 30 minutes describing a completely different character's back story * "Walk forward and examine a fish".

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:17 am

Geez.

Darkstorm
oh god

Post by Darkstorm » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:15 pm

This is :lol: :srs:
Not like I'm different but hey, it's still a good laugh.
Darkstorm will rise! Someday? Probably tomorrow.
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
I swear I'm not dead, just dead inside
My bi-annual visit trend continues! See you in 6 months as usual.

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:08 pm

This thread would have made me burst a blood vessel but my job already makes me do that every week.

What Kastrenzo said, also kind of what Arkbrik said. I have misgivings about it being mandatory but otherwise sure why not more content.

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:55 am

Hey, Colette is back! My hope is that no one has like five more years of story they need to tell in Nehellenium. Most current storylines should have the opportunity to wrap up in the timeframe of Ragnablok (roughly a year) or be able to continue into the reboot universe. For example, the Gold Sector Campaign can pretty much ignore Ragnablok since it's already in a bottle universe. And the level of Kanon you want to take with you post-Ragnablok is totally left up to you. If Trattoria wants to keep all their old rivalries and go on like Nehellenium never died, they absolutely can.

I updated the Top Post with new fluff (thanks Zahru), new expectations for the end of Ragnablok per our conversations on Discord, and new guidelines for content creation.

The community response so far has been enthusiastic and I think almost every idea presented so far could be integrated in. I'm looking forward to your content, and also to the arrival of my stupid parts order the Buttnomikon so we can actually start this thing.

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:15 pm

I’m not going to be able to rap up my content for while. I’m not in a space where I have space

Edit: with that being said, I can make my stuff adapt I guess
Last edited by RedRover on Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:22 pm

I could actually see Ragnablok being tied into my storyline, if time allows me. Glad I finished the most recent one this summer.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:33 pm

RedRover wrote:I’m not going to be able to rap up my content for while. I’m not in a space where I have space

Edit: with that being said, I can make my stuff adapt I guess
I mean, are you ever going to get around to finishing the Immortal War?

Jokes aside, if this is a widespread feeling then I'll adjust Ragnablok accordingly.

Darkstorm
oh god

Post by Darkstorm » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:37 pm

Before we begin ragnablok, we need to make sure that we figure out some kind of non-kanon mechanism that allows factions that do not wish to participate (why wouldn't you though) to remain as they were, although still able to be in battles.

Also, I'm waiting to begin my big forum battle (brikthulu vs brikwarriors) until the end of ragnablok; perhaps this can be one of the final battles of the event, as you had mentioned there might be. I don't exactly have the funds to get excessive cameos of different factions, so I am trying to get everyone to submit only a single character or two for me to make, and I will do my best. *hint hint please sign up here*

With regards to including ragnablok into storylines/story arcs, I think that there should be some sort of contest-like collaboration where entrants post a soap, one after the other, in the same thread for a continuous read of the ragnablok storyline. The soap should include ragnablok into existing storyline, either by noting its effects on the faction or by some other way. :mystery: This way, we can keep this event organized and have a great way of kicking off the collaborative story arc once it begins. I already factored this in way, way back in my storyline. All the way to the beginning. :twisted:

One final thing: I'm ok with the brootalz being one of the harbingers of destruction, but isn't my faction basically the same thing? I already went through one story arc and am about to start another; however, the darklords were literally going to be in a ragnablok story ever since I first created them. I previously was waiting until a later date to use up that arc, but hey, now is as good as ever. Whenever I get around to it. :roll:

tl;dr:
need non-kanon mechanism
make a soap series for RB
I'm going to do story :omnom:
Darkstorm will rise! Someday? Probably tomorrow.
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
I swear I'm not dead, just dead inside
My bi-annual visit trend continues! See you in 6 months as usual.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:13 pm

Why does it need to be non-kanon? There's already a kanon reason why both "the end of the universe happens and is reborn anew" and "the universe continues on as it always has" can happen simultaneously. Trying to keep them separate is kind of a waste of time, in the end. These guys over here are part of Post-Ragnablok A, Those guys are Pre-Rangablok K, blahblahblah. The payoff isn't so much in the Reward for Completing an Apocalypse, it's in documenting the process of one of many Apocalypses.

Keep it simple. This is just one way in which the universe ends. Time and Space are broken in the BrikVerse anyway. In one moment, an Empire rises. In another, no one has ever heard of it.

http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?title=Apocalypses
http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?title=Rekonstruktion

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:22 pm

Quantumsurfer has said it more indignantly but yes, Ragnablok is pretty easy to opt out of.

The Brootal invasion won't happen everywhere all at once so it might never reach your faction, it might happen on some backwater outpost no one cares about, or it might be front and center.

Post-Ragnablok, everyone is free to adapt to the changes as desired, whether that's pretending nothing ever changed or turning your faction into splintered exiles devastated by the destruction.