Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Zupponn, Killer Karetsu, Moronstudios

Sir Sporktimus
Minifig

Battle of Felder's Peak - Bend of the Line, Episode 3

Post by Sir Sporktimus » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:30 pm

"Oi! Gen'ral! We've got sumbugger moight loik ta see yah!"

"Sir Mange, Sir Fungal. How you two roaches always show up again is beyond me."

"I come with important news, General Crawven. Our scouting party was intercepted by an Imperium Knight and a woman he called Imperial. I was but wounded; the rest of the men were slaughtered. They know of our coming attack on Felder's dwelling.. and may attempt to intervene."

"Then we shall not give them the time, Commander Phineas. We march on the Felder family this very hour. Prepare the men for battle, and the Dragon for the taste of his blood.."

Not far away, a brown-haired hero returns to a band of castaways. "So, apparently there's a retired knight or something who lives on this hillside. We might be able to stay there for the night. There was also this knight - Adrian - who thought I was royalty. We must be on one of the undeveloped fringe worlds."

The alien Guroc shakes his horned head. "I thought you were dead. We replaced you."
"Not replaced!" the Medik interrupts. "But, ah, you may want to ask Duke about our new.. friends."

"Yeah, Brown! You've gotta see these guys. They don't speak any english, but look! They've got guns!"

"Wait, what? You can't just take in.. whatever they are, because they're carrying weapons! They could be planning to kill us, or.."
"SHRIEEAAAAHHKK" A violent cry echoes through the trees.

Clawed, armored beasts, with red-tinged eyes ablaze, scuttle forth, mandibles and claws raised at the party of washed-up adventurers.

Duke Fury and Ms. Imperial Brown each bring down one of the creatures with violent blasts of energy.

The remaining one, however, charged forward, slashing down the undead gunsman Glarf with a ferocious shriek.

Mike the Medic with his Analiticizer and Duke Fury with Annette open fire. Neither are successful at killing it.

Neither is Ms. Imperial Brown.

Finally it's Guroc who kills it, blasting the insect into slimy chunks. With the last of the beasts destroyed, the party advanced through the forest, finally coming to a small hovel built from the rock of the hillside, protected by an aged peach man and his son, armed with outdated weaponry. Mike the Medic kneels next to the body of Glarf, performing a successful surgery as Imperial Brown confronts the hovel's owner.

"Good evening, sir. I am Ms. Imperial Brown, and these are my companions. We're looking for a place to stay for the night. I don't suppose you could assist us?"

"If my and my house are still standing by nightfall, ma'am, then you're more than welcome to stay, but this is a dangerous place to be. The Dragonbloods are come hunting for violence, and by the Studgods I'm going to give it them."

"I heard about that. Why are they coming?"

"I was once great knight, Ms. Brown. Perhaps the best, before old age took me. I rid the world of a Dragonblood Nestqueen, a dragon-trainer dark and terrible. They tried once before to avenge her - they burned down my estate, and my wife with it. Now they come again, this time to finish what they started."

"Samuel, stay behind me. Avery, my daughter, only use that knife if you have to. You travelers, run while you can.. but if you wish to aid me, ready your swords. They are upon us."

The Dragonblood Knights come to a stop, gritting their teeth as they prepare for battle, while General Crawven's feathered cape blows in the wind. "Move forward, men! Our Nestqueen will be avenged! The earth drinks of that damned peach's blood tonight!"

"Crawven.. you've come at last." And with that, the retired Sir Felder leaps forwards, sword in hand. "We have a score to settle!"

Imperial Brown, gaze cast incredulously over the Dragonblood force, retrieves the Horn of Amicus from her inventory and summons the Royal Azure Imperium battalion Sir Adrian told her of.

They arrive, consisting of two heavily armored knights on foot, a mounted lancer, one spearman, the Imperial Battleframe Mark I, and Sir Adrian the scout, brandishing their weapons. "Fear not, Imperial! We come to your aid!" Adrian cries.

Guroc opens fire on the nearest advancing horseman, blasting Commander Phineas off his horse, which ambles forwards less viciously now.

Unfortunately, the other horseman charges forwards, impaling Glarf the Undead and killing him again.

The Royal Azure Imperium horseman charges forward, lance aimed squarely at Ignis, the Dragon Youngling. It takes out 1" of his 4 HP.

Duke Fury blasts away a Dragonblood Crossbowman.

Mike the Medic attempts to revive Glarf, only to behead him on accident and making any further revival attempts impossible.

Guroc opens fire on the last remaining horseman, blasting the horse away from under him.

Ms. Imperial Brown deals with the disrupted rider.

Sir Felder, with Samuel and Avery right behind him, charges into battle, trading blows with Sir Fungal. Neither of them kill each other, however, as their swords and shields clash dramatically.

Ignis, distracted by the lancer, tears into the horse..

But only to look up as the Imperial Battleframe comes charging toward him, massive war axe raised.

The Battleframe proceeds to roll 6, 6, 5, 4 and 3 on its damage roll, and so with one fell, powerful blow, the dragon youngling falls.

Meanwhile Mike the Medic spends an action gutting the bony carapace of one of the dead claw-monsters, and Duke Fury spends an action to pull it on.

"No! You shall not take vengeance from me!" Crawven roars, and he charges forward, whirling his sword. Guroc and Orkevvy exchange glances, and combine fire from a 2" gun and a 3" turret.

Crawven, a smoking hole in his armor, skids back across the battlefield, disrupting a number of his own troops as his unconscious body tumbles.

Sir Felder, distracted by the sight of his felled enemy, is nearly crushed by Sir Fungal, but to her own surprise Avery stabs the Dragonblood knight first.

Only to be brutally impaled by the Dragonblood scout. "Nothing personal, pretty thing." he whispers in her ear as she draws her last breath.

The Battleframe, its only worthy opponent obliterated, proceeds to bisect the Dragon Trainer.

"NOOOOO!" screams Mike the Medik as he watches Avery's death. The rage of battle draws slow and pale in his vision, and he dashes to her side, the fray of weapons and fire of blasters fading to white as his attention focuses on her peaceful face. Weeping a bitter tear for the losses of war and the rarity of female minifigs in general, he attempts a Ker-triage!.. and critically succeeds. He breaths a sigh of relief as she sucks in air, the first thing she sees being his face haloed by the fire of battle raging above.

The battle slowly turns against the Dragonblood Knights, as one by one their forces drop off.

Ms. Imperial Brown attempts a Heroic Action, enraged by the death of Avery. She leaps towards the scout, Maverick Jr. ready to incinerate his skull..

But he brings one of his swords up to stab her through as she attacks, before tossing her away like a rag doll. Luckily she had one HP point at the time.

Orkevvy opens fire on the scout, blasting him apart with his heavy gun.

And the last of the Dragonblood Knights falls as Guroc hits him, long-ranged, with a swathe of overkill damage.

Mike the Medic removes his helmet as the thrill of victory rises, and he and Avery kiss in romantic embrace.

The battlefield becomes quiet and joyous, as a plate of oranges watches from a different dimension.

"Thank you." Ms. Imperial Brown nods to Sir Aidan.

"It was no trouble, my lady. I was glad to be of service." the scout says, gently taking the Horn of Amicus from her hands. "There will be others who need this artifact, your highness, but your travels should be safer now, given this blow to the Blood Knight forces. If you wish us to accompany you back to the Imperium, we would be more than happy to.."

"No, thank you. I have my own plans to see to."

"Of course. I wish you the best, then.. I shall see you again, my lady. Farewell."

With that, the Royal Azure Imperium departs, and Ms. Imperial Brown walks back to the home of Sir Felder, where a victory dinner is now in preparation. "I wonder when he'll figure out that I'm not royalty after all?"

Hey guys! Sorry about the picture quality, and likewise for the lack of detail on XP, levels, et cetera. Because Guroc, Duke Fury, and.. pretty much everyone not Imperial Brown were just starting at level 1 or 2, level-ups happened pretty much every couple of turns, and it was too much to keep track of while still playing the game at a decent pace. Here's the updated character sheets anyways:
Spoiler
Show
Ms. Imperial Brown - Level 11 - XP 35/44
Inventory: Maverick Jr., Ancient Map, Cube of Meltheed
CP: 0
Specialties: Heroic Feats
Stats
Skill: 1d10
Move: 7"
Armor: 2d6
HP: 0/1
Damage: -
Supernatural: -

Guroc - Level 3 - XP 5/20
Inventory: 3" Turret (3/6)
Specialties: Gunnery
Stats
Skill: 1d6
Move: 5"
Armor: 5
HP: 1/1

Duke Fury - Level 3 - XP 6/12
Inventory: 2" gun (2/6)
Specialties: Compensating
Stats
Move: 4

Mike the Medic - Level 3 - XP 1/12
Inventory: Medical Hatchet, Analyticizor (2/8)(Backpack)
Specialties: Ker-Triage!
Stats
Move: 5
Armor: 4
Damage: +1

Orkevvy - Level 4 - XP 5/16
Inventory: 2" Gun (2/6)
Specialties: Compensating
Stats
Move: 4"
HP: 2/2

Glarf - Level 3 - XP 2/12
Inventory: 2 Short-range Blasters (2/6)
Specialties: -
Stats
Move: 5

Yes, Glarf was killed, but experience points given for keeping the Felder family alive caused him to Level Up and gain 1HP. Being undead, it's really not that surprising.
Tzan wrote:Violence is a renewable resource.
Natalya wrote:Overwatch died. Put this in your profile if you miss Overwatch.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Re: Battle of Felder's Peak - Bend of the Line, Episode 3

Post by Zupponn » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:04 am

Very good. I await the next part.