The Red Army vs. THE KING

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Killer Karetsu, Moronstudios, Zupponn

Zadeon
Champion
Champion

The Red Army vs. THE KING

Post by Zadeon » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:47 pm

This is my first ever BrikWars report. I did this while ago with two other friends. There are many more pictures but I'm too lazy to edit the sizes and upload all of them. Here you go:

STORY: The Red Army, after finding out all their supply of vodka has run out, beach at unfamiliar territory. They find the land to be ruled by one man called The King (and his army of cops). When one scout from the Red Army fails to make deals with The King to share their supply of alcohol, they declare war on the king and begin to send in troops. The Red Army, under the control of Kommander Kommisar, has multiple platoons including Pirate and Skeletons. The King has various cops and troops to his disposal. Also there's some rag tag team of random figures as well sided with the Red Arm (other friend who joined in). Every turn the Red Army would get d10 reinforcements.

Here's the starting line up of my team:

The Red Army:

Battlefield:

HIGHLIGHTS:
One of the biker gang members attempts to bargain the Gas Store for gas. He fails and pisses himself for fear of being shot. Nothing really happens.

The King takes a drink. He is not pleased by the taste.

Every turn I would let my friend roll a d20 for this guy playing the drums. If he crit the roll then I would let him do something special.

This cannon fires at one of my guys:

His head lands in The King's drink. The King takes another drink to find out it actual tastes better. Who knew?

This guy crit failed while trying to use his flamethrower:

It took my friend 5 different troops just to take down my unit in the orange holding the minigun:

Kommander Kommisar attemps to rally his troops:

But the whole reason why they were out of vodka was because he drank it all! He falls on his drunk ass while his troops laugh at him (FEAT FAILED):

What my friend called the KEBAB KART rolls in through the tracks, knocking over some of my troops. It's armed with explosives, too.

The lady running the stand attempts to get my troops to buy rigged KEBABS. Unfortunately no one understands her babble and ignore her.

LITERALLY 3 OF MY FRIEND'S MEN CRIT FAILED AND KILLED THEMSELVES TRYING TO TAKE OUT THE SHOP OWNER. It was said they all slipped on the piss and stabbed themselves.

Many attempts were made to self-destruct the KEBAB kart. Most of them failed. Most.

My friend finally crit rolled the d20 and had this guy from the future appear for him as another hero:

This guy tries to use the cannon but fails miserably.

One guy notices what the woman was up to and tries killing her. He fails and suffers big consequences.

The space miner succeeds in using his raw strength to flip the police cruiser. Two of my men get crushed:
He then leaves, calling it for the day.

The Kommisar, failing to shoot one of my men, cuts him in half with his flag.

The skeletons claim the police cruiser for themselves.

This little pterodactyl appeared:

My hero uses his heroic feat to jump onto the mech (which was named Metal Gear Fail after failing every, single, time, when trying to fire). But....does no damage. He is swooped away by the pterodactyl to who knows where:

My friend suicide bombs the shield generator protecting the king with some robot:

The Kommander waves his flag. Sounds of drunk driving and russian folk songs are heard off in the distance.
"YOU CALLED BOSS YA?"

Pretty much the final Overwatch:

The King, seeing close to defeat, initiates his final plan.

And tears out trying to escape in his weaponized sports car:

The gunners fail to damage the car:

The Kommisar jumps on board:

THEN THIS GUY shoots at it and causes it to explode (due to crit fail in armor).

We then rolled to see where they would land.

ENDING:
Stunned, they stare at each other for a bit.

Then start beating each other up, but find it futile after fighting for a bit.

"I'll cut you a deal. We split the alcohol 50/50. What about it?"

"Dat will not be necessary, I will be taking et all for me." He then blasts The King's legs off.

"Now where es et? The vodka?!?"

The King explains he was using the barrels scattered around the map to store his supply.

This guy takes The King's legs. There was some back story explaining why my third friend was fighting. Because he had some legless dude wanting ONLY The King's legs.

The Red Army celebrates their victory before heading off, with Kommander Kommisar drinking an entire barrel of alcohol.

EPILOGUE:

"Hmmp, why didn't WE get any beer?"
Spoiler
Show

L-Man
Officer

Re: The Red Army vs. THE KING

Post by L-Man » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:58 pm

Kebab kart, lol.
Looks like it was one hell of a battle.
"Friends are like trees. If you hit them with an axe, they die."

Durandal
Nice Dubs

Post by Durandal » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:55 am

This battle is rather satisfyingly brikwarsy. You did a good job hitting the highlights. :)
"During the napoleonic wars for a man to join the elite prussian grenadiers it was a requirement that he be able to grow a bushy black beard. How far have we fallen..." - A US Marine

Zadeon
Champion
Champion

Post by Zadeon » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:15 pm

One bad thing about it was that it was just too many units for 2 (+1) people. The first few turns were just conga lines and the gas station stuff. One good thing about it was that there were so many units. So many kills. :studgod: Thanks for the feedback!

I hope to have another battle hopefully during Thanksgiving, but I know I can have one during Winter break. I already got some ideas for one involving limited time and limited space.
Spoiler
Show

L-Man
Officer

Post by L-Man » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:30 pm

Zadeon wrote:One bad thing about it was that it was just too many units
Zadeon wrote:One good thing about it was that there were so many units
:sparta:
"Friends are like trees. If you hit them with an axe, they die."