Massive battle pics

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Killer Karetsu, Moronstudios, Zupponn

motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.

Massive battle pics

Post by motorhead fan » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:33 pm

Hello again.

These past few days, I've played a large game on my own, here are the numbers:

267 total warriors
110 defenders (Communists, peach supremacists, random guys, evil creatures and cloan brands)
157 attackers (Phalek empire minifigs, helvetiks, soldiers of the forces of orangedom, space raiders, Noytes and Phaleks)
197 deaths (attacker victory)
71 survivors
0 prisoners.

I didn't take pictures of the whole thing I'm afraid, but I took a few ones where I thought it would be cool.
In this picture, the only survivors of the first wave of 60ish attackers tried to jump over the wall.
The rest of the 1st wave were killed by the 40ish outer defenders and the guys on the wall.
The crashing horse in the background critfailed it jump and ended up crashing into a cardboard box and dying.

Here, the second wave Advanced forwards warily.

On the other side of the battlefield, the other 2nd wave came out. They came out of the castle, marching to their deaths.

Here, some space troopers pushed their way throught the corpses of the 2nd wave of defenders.

Same here too.

Here you can see the whole army advancing, those Brown guys are my new planetary defense force troops.

In this pic, the attackers have breached the wall, despite their overwhelming numbers, they still managed to lose a fair few people.

On the other side, the 3rd wave have had enough of waiting and have joined the 2nd in their offensive.

Here is a picture of the last living peach on the field.

A picture to put in perspective how many minifigs died in this small space, there were times where i'd dig small paths for them to move through and the next turn the path
had been filled up again with their bodies.

The 71 survivors.
the helvetiks only ended up losing about 10 guys, but thats swiss efficiency for you.

Another picture of the carnage from the near side of my table.

And from the far side.

Here's the Inside of the wall.

and far away behind the wall.

and at last, the final overview of the field.

It was a blast to play, and the biggest game i've had.
I like playing with my new soldiers, they shall see lots of action in the future hopefully.
How about you guys? Whats the biggest singleplayer game you've ever played in?

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Re: Massive battle pics

Post by Quantumsurfer » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:35 pm

Most of my solo games are limited to a couple of squads, usually no more than 10 figs a side. Small to medium battlefields, maybe 4ftx4ft tops. As in my other BRs, I tend to use terrain I built for warhammer or some other tabletop wargame because I don't have a lot of spare bricks.

I'm surprised to hear you had fun with that many figs on the table but I'm glad it was a good experience. I sometimes get bogged down in mechanics when I'm playing solo and have to punch myself in the nose repeatedly to remember to stop being such an asshole. I don't have that many figs but I have a fair few. I'll have to give it a go sometime. I often wish there were more brikwarriors near me, though.

motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.

Post by motorhead fan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:51 am

I also have that problem, I haven't lived near another forum member since I was about 7 and then I wasn't on the forum.
I think one of the main reasons I enjoyed this game was because there were so many minifigs to Knock over, it wouldn't be
the same if you had to remove them from the game when they died, there is just something so satisfying about killing minifigures and lying them down.

Alex
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Alex » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:48 pm

That looks like a really fun battle with a lot of carnage!

I think my biggest battle was this one, which me and MGB did as a forum battle:
http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10531

motorhead fan

Post by motorhead fan » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:37 pm

I remember reading that one! I don't think I ever looked forwards so much to the next turn of a forum battle in my life!
Even the ones I participated in.

Vami
wtf, vami

Post by Vami » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:36 am

:denied:

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:36 am

I liked the one part where they walked at eachother and just mowed eachother down and everyone died in a massive pile of bodies.

▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

runnybabbit223
worth a try if your desprate

Post by runnybabbit223 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:54 am

I often play single player games, but the're often small, just skirmishes.
There was that time when my hero took on 50-odd others and survived though....

I think my biggest was a battle with some commandos surviving against 6 or 7 waves of negaverse invaders, only two survived because they were promoted to hero halfway through.
3... 2... 1... DRAGONS!

motorhead fan

Post by motorhead fan » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:13 am

Well runnybabbit, my heroes never seem to survive very long and to be honest, I don't really use heroes that much, I'm more of a "Drown them in our dead" style player.(apart from the phaleks that is)

And thanks for your seals! the first two i've ever had.

runnybabbit223
worth a try if your desprate

Post by runnybabbit223 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:02 am

motorhead fan wrote:Well runnybabbit, my heroes never seem to survive very long and to be honest, I don't really use heroes that much, I'm more of a "Drown them in our dead" style player.(apart from the phaleks that is)
Yeah well, my heroes tend to die pretty fast too, this one seems to be a freak occurrence, almost every single heroic feat the hero tried was pulled off, and none of the enemy troops ever pirced his armour (which was only 1d10+1)

Tbh, it was kinda disappointing that he survived, it would have been fitting if he was "Drowned in dead" as you put it.
3... 2... 1... DRAGONS!