Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Zupponn, Killer Karetsu, Moronstudios

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

[HH] Between the Hammer and the Anvil

Post by Duerer » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:01 pm

Mission: Protect the dark portal from the incoming Polish forces

Left without any true unifying leadership, the Lietuvan rebels quickly fell into disarray and only attacked random outposts of Polish occupational forces out of anger and without any coordination. A sphincter group of the rebels under Richter banded together on the Planet Vilnius to get hold of the dark portal, that was once unearthed by Blinda's cronies, in order to hide it from the Polish forces, unbeknownst of the fact, that it was just the former Field Marshal Mazurek and his bunch of conspirators, who were behind the whole chaos in the subsector to begin with.

Neckbeard Rebel: "Aight guys, all we gotta do is make sure that no one comes close to this portal until Richter comes hereto pick it up."
Lietuvan Rebel: "Aye!"

Prepared for any incoming onslaught, the rebels manned a couple of buildings in the surrounding area.

And here come the renegade forces, eager to claim the portal for themselves.

Polish Renegade Sergeant: "Let's get to it guys! Blast all these rebels to hell and grab that portal!"

Overwatch:
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Re: [HH] Between the Hammer and the Anvil

Post by Duerer » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:05 pm

Turn 1:

Lietuvan Rebels:
As the Lietuvans seize the initiative for this game, the RPG team proceeds to lob one of their two rockets towards the southern squad...

...and BLAM! The soldier with the liquefier and a normal one get blasted away.

The bomb squad on the roof also fires at the southern squad but fails to do any sort of harm.

The riflemen near the portal rush towards the building and fire at the northern renegade squad.

Only one of them falls.

Polish Renegades:
The Poles seem to be rather furious about their losses and quickly retaliate! The sarge and two soldiers fire at the RPG squad, with one picking up the liquefier.

One of the rebels gets instantly fried, while the second one simply catches some fire.

Firing at the rebels near the portal, the northern renegade squad manages to kill exactly none.

ImageBetween the Hammer and the Anvil - Turn 1 by Śląski Hutas, on Flickr
Lt. Richter: "Alright, fun is over! Time to get real!"
From the eastern corner, Richter appears, piloting a Diabeł-class scout titan, to pick the portal up!

Ryszard Mazurek: "I beg to differ! I'd say the fun is just about to begin!"
The Field Marshal appears with a war titan on his own and just like Richter, he intends to use it to carry the portal away from the battlefield.
Winning Contest Entries
Show

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:09 pm

Turn 2:

Lietuvan Rebels:
The previously lit rebel burns down for good.

Lietuvan Rebel: "DYNAMITE!!"
The rebels on top of the room lob both of their bombs on Mazurek's titan and indeed manage to chip off one SP.

Lt. Richter: "This ends here, ass face! *click-click* Or it won't..."
Richter strides forward and attempts to fire at Mazurek, only to jam his own gun.

Another soldier of the northern squad gets gunned down.

Polish Renegades:
The southern squad moves up and fires on the rebels on top of the roof.

Due to some insane luck, all but one member of the bomb squad get killed.

The northern squad doesn't get to be as lucky though. Not only do the soldiers miss, the sniper also jams his gun on top.

Mazurek lunges out for a hit with his titan's sword at Richter's titan...

But only manages to hit the thin air. Richter hits with his retaliatory strike but Mazurek barely managed to withstand the damage unharmed.
Winning Contest Entries
Show

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:17 pm

Turn 3:

Lietuvan Rebels:
The shootout at the north continues with another dead Pole.

The sole rebel at the rooftop takes a shot at the Poles below without any significant effect.

*KICK*
Ryszard Mazurek: "Oof!"
Lt. Richter: "Take that, scumsucker!"
Richter's titan reaches out for a kick against his opponent...

...and manages to throw him to the ground, disrupting the titan for now (FEAT SUCCESSFUL).

Another SP chipped off with a strike of Richter's sword.

Polish Renegades:
Polish Renegade Sergeant: "This area has been cleared, guys!"
The southern squad finishes the last rebel of the bomb squad.

Polish Renegade Sergeant: "Let's head towards the portal and take it into our possession!"
After the shootout, they rush towards their objective, passing by the enemy titan.

One soldier fires at the rebels while the sniper unjams his gun.

RIP neckbeard rebel.

Ryszard Mazurek: "Eat my sword, slime ball!"
Dealing a heavy blow at the rebel titan, Ryszard manages to deal 3 whole SP worth of damage.

He then tries to get a hold of Richter's sword in order to stab the titan with it but instead gets shoved aside by the damaged titan (FEAT FAILED).
Winning Contest Entries
Show

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:21 pm

Turn 4:

Lietuvan Rebels:

Sniper falls victim to the concentrated rebel fire.

With his last bit of energy, Richter attempts to stab Mazurek's titan with his huge golden blade.

However, it wasn't quite enough, as he got easily shoved aside by Mazurek and is about to crash into the building right behind him (FEAT CRITICALLY FAILED).

The last three rebel riflemen get squished beneath the debris, finally putting an end to the gunfight. The titan takes no damage, however.

Polish Renegades:
Unfortunately, this got changed quickly with a clean cut by Mazurek's sword, striking down the rebel titan for good.

Final Overwatch:

Kills:

Polish Renegades: 10
Lietuvan Rebels: 6

By wiping out the enemy forces, the Polish Renegades win the battle and manage to capture the portal. Just what in the world do they intend to do with such a gruesome artifact? :mystery:

Thank you guys for reading this report! I hope you had as much fun reading through it, as I had with playing! An epilogue shall come soon enough!
Winning Contest Entries
Show

baconquistador
Nice Dubs

Post by baconquistador » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:29 pm

Damn, why do guns always jam against Mazurek? Clean battle, clean photos, and a captivating universe of lore! Well done :overwatch:
Resumé: HAS BECOME CHAOS CHICKEN

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:14 am

Lt. Richter: "Ugh..."
Ryszad Mazurek: "Alright, scumsucker. Any wrong moves and we gonna blast you to oblivion!"

Polish Renegade: "We're dealing with him now, boss. You can now head over to the portal and bring it home."
Lt. Richter: "Whatever you're trying to do with that thing, you won't succeed! Blinda already tried to bring hell upon the sector with that portal and failed miserably!"
Ryszad Mazurek: "Blinda and his cronies were idiots. Did they really think a few dozen sacrifices were enough to unleash this things true potential?"

Ryszad Mazurek: "To be frank, by locating and digging up that thing, Blinda took a ton of work out of our hands. You rebels also managed to be quite valuable by unleashing your wrath upon the unsuspecting occupational garrison."
Lt. Richter: "What do you mean?! Are you telling me, that you're not working for the URP?"

Ryszad Mazurek: "Hahaha, why else would I have ruined the summit for you all? Riling you all up against the occupational forces was just the first step of our plan. Soon the reds will take advantage of the chaos within this subsector and try to reclaim their former territories..."
Lt. Richter: "You mother-"
Ryszad Mazurek: "And once the violence within the subsector reached its peak, this bad boy will come to play."

Ryszad Mazurek: "Soon, Ragnablok will be upon us all."
Lt. Richter: "The hell you will! I won't let it come to that!"
Ryszad Mazurek: "Fool! Ragnablok can't be stopped! In fact, it's already happening as we speak. All the aggression that has been bottled up within us for far too long is about to erupt like pus from a juicy pimple! Everyone is reverting back to their savage instincts, ready to slaughter, ready to kill! The universe as we know it will be no more!"

Ryszad Mazurek: "Now take this worm out of my sight, guards."
Polish Renegade: "Aye, sir!"
Lt. Richter: "Mother of Fuck, save us all..."
Winning Contest Entries
Show

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:52 pm

gameplay 4
photography 4.5
violence 5
writing 5
appeal 4.9

4.9 appeal because i don't think the robots are manipulating events
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.
ImageImageImage

DayBoost_
Hero

Post by DayBoost_ » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:26 am

gameplay 5
photography 4.5
violence 4
writing 4.5
appeal 4.5

mechs :tiger:

AZKAMAT
Minifig

Post by AZKAMAT » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:50 am

-Gameplay 5 (This is missing wheeled/tread ground vehicles and any aircraft, but the execution of the infantry and mech combat was done superbly enough for me to give a Perfect Score in this category)
-Photography 4.9 (About what the community expects when Duerer uploads photos. There's still minor graininess on a few of the photos with top down close ups of infantry, but besides that it is genuinely great work)
-Violence 3
-Writing 5
-Overall Appeal 4.5

TOTAL: 4.48
Check out mah BOL's of STIL! http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16612

Kant b'leev uh wun! Image