Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

BakedSanta
Champion
Champion

LW: Medusa Spaceport Incident

Post by BakedSanta » Sun May 10, 2020 9:37 am

Battle 1: Medusa Spaceport

Pilot 1: Well fuck! What the hell are we gonna do now? Medusa Spaceport is crawling with CSE troops!!
Pilot 2: Well we have a hardlink on the map to a shuttle bay… do you have your weapon?
Pilot 1: Yeah… got about 7 rounds but they’ll do the trick if-

(they are interrupted by a police patrol rounding the corner and spotting them)
Pilot 1: Ah, fuck! *Raises hands
Police sergeant: Save it trooper. We don’t like these guys any more than you do. My team have known you’ve been here for a while now and we’ve shut off cctv and comms links to CSE command from this area. All we need to do is make it past those troopers and you’re on your way back to Kodiak.
Pilot 1: I appreciate that, but its easier said than done.
Police Sergeant: You got a better idea?

BATTLE START

Kodiak forces: 2 fighter pilots, armed with standard service pistol and laser rifle
Medusa police department: 4 police officers armed with personal defense weapons
Kodiak and Police forces win if 1 pilot makes it to the shuttle.

Combined Star Empire forces: 5 CSE troopers armed with laser rifles, 1 CSE Medik, 1 Engineering droid
CSE forces win if both pilots are killed.

Overwatch

The shuttle objective for Kodiak

A building full of CSE troops

KODIAK TURN 1
The female officer in the building attempts to blast a CSE trooper in the window from behind, but her 2 shots cause no harm.

Another officer uses his PDW to kill the CSE trooper manning the barrier.

The sergeant shoots into the window from the pilot hiding spot to kill another CSE trooper in the window of the building.

Officer 2 face shoots at the mech, but misses his shots.

The pilots move up to take cover behind the road barriers.

CSE TURN 1

The medik attached to the troopers leaps up to attack the officer in the building that attempted the shots…

And wrestles her gun from her hands, spraying her with bullets in the process. FEAT SUCCESS

The maintenance mech jumps onto the road barrier, preparing to eviscerate the lone officer in close combat!

Buuuuuuuut critfails on both sides cause the mech to drastically overestimate the jump, falling on its backside…

And the officer to shoot himself in the foot in panic

A CSE trooper in the building takes shots at the advancing police squad, but misses.

Shots ring out from the guardhouse aimed at the pilots, but the long range and cover cause them to be little more than light suppression.

The CSE trooper on the shuttle platform ditches his laser rifle for the mounted grenade launcher

But the shot scatters…

And blows up the spaceport transport the Maintenance mech was trying to fix!

Maintenance droid: C0M3 0N M4N!!!! 1 W4S F1X1NG TH4T TH1NG F0R 4G3S!!!!

TURN 1 Overwatch
Kodiak kills: 2
CSE kills: 1

KODIAK TURN 2

A policeman hops over the road barrier to take cover and shoot at the remaining CSE trooper in the building.

2 crits means he is instantly shredded in a hail of bullets and blood.

The police sergeant has an idea, and sprints to a nearby mobile howitzer platform.

With some simple coding he commandeers it, allowing him to use the howitzer attached. FEAT SUCCESSFUL

He fires the howitzer at the disrupted mech. It scatters, but not far enough to completely miss the mech with splash damage. However not enough damage is done to harm the mech. The road barrier, however, is blown away.

The policeman who shot himself in the foot last turn tries to shoot at the mech, but misses.

The pilots move closer to the shuttle, and fire at the CSE trooper guarding it. He is their obstacle to freedom.

One shot misses, and the other pilot critfails, hesitating to fire as he ponders the intricacies of the Geneva convention, and whether this act of aggression would compromise his safety if he were to be taken hostage. He decides to err on the side of caution and be a pussy.

CSE TURN 2

The mediks moves over to the shot CSE trooper, and attempts to revive him.

The attempt is a crit success. The trooper rises to his feet, grabs his properly dead comrade’s weapon, and loudly exclaims:

CSE TROOPER: I FEEL LIKE A BADASS!!!
(CSE trooper that was crit successfully healed can now perform heroic feats)

The CSE trooper hero then opts to split his fire from each of his laser rifles, 1 shot into the policeman who just killed his friend, and 1 shot into the sergeant.

The feat is a critical success, killing both policemen, but in the process the troopers laser files overheat, exploding in flame and ripping him apart. All the mediks hard work up in smoke.

The trooper manning the grenade launcher steadies his aim…

And scores a direct hit on the 2 pilots, blowing the hesitating one to smithereens.

The trooper in the bunker fires on the policeman with the injured foot, missing both shots.

The mech uprights itself and tries again to chop the policeman into little bits.

The attack achieves its aims…

But in his dying moments the policeman manages to place a thermal grenade on the leg of the mech…

Blowing its leg and arm off and rendering it useless for the battle.

TURN 2 Overwatch

Kodiak kills: 4
CSE kills: 5

KODIAK TURN 3

Surveying the destruction and his dying comrades all around him, the Kodiak pilot musters up all his courage

Charges towards the CSE gunner defending the shuttle…
FOR KODION!!!!!

I wonder what a 35mm grenade blast to the face feels like?

He is blasted to smithereens by the gunner, who has no time for heroics.
FEAT FAILED.

CSE VICTORY! BOTH PILOTS WERE KILLED (along with the entirety of the Medusa Police Department)

EPILOGUE
Aboard Vladak’s capital ship, the soldiers involved in the Medusa Spaceport Skirmish are brought to report.
VLADAK: Welcome, brothers. I have heard of your heroics in thwarting the weaklings of Kodion and the treacherous Martians. I am promoting you as you have earned the honour of serving in the White skull regiment of elite soldiers. It is a shame we lost your brothers, but this will give you the opportunity to gain retribution in battle. We will crush the weak, peace loving people of the Kodiak Republic!!
TROOPERS: AYE SIR! HAIL VLADAK AND THE GLORIOUS EMPIRE!!

WAR RECORDS:
CSE VICTORIES: 1
KODIAK VICTORIES: 0
EARTH SF VICTORIES: 0

:studgod:

Food_Truk
I'm going to have to use normal children to test it before I can use babies

Re: LW: Medusa Spaceport Incident

Post by Food_Truk » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:54 am

Got to love how the dice ruin half the attempts at badassery. Neat fight, curious to see more.

Technical question, how large did you save the images? I always have to downsize mine to 30% before they're a properly viewable (and loadable) size.

Infinity
Officer

Re: LW: Medusa Spaceport Incident

Post by Infinity » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:40 pm

Awesome battle.
The most dangerous enemy you can fight is a man with nothing left to lose

:studgod: