The Immortal Interception Incident

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Space Bunny
Cannon Fodder

The Immortal Interception Incident

Post by Space Bunny » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:23 pm

Recommended Reading

(This battle was played out over discord as a chat battle. Spectral was playing Minaglacia, and Ninja_bait as the immortals. Later on in turn 2, BoltonPaulDefiant played as the Champions of Ignition, and near the end, Ninja had gone inactive so the last few turns of immortals were played by myself. Enjoy!)

A Kestrel SHIP sits docked alongside a small runway, littered with troops

The Hero, Unnamed Engineer stands near the doorway, waiting for something to happen, which is very unlikely

Around the Kestrel, troops chat away, and a magpie patrols the area

Suddenly, a group of immortals begin to approach the base! Lead by Warhead, they ain't havin' no shit today, and want to get inside that ship!

OVERWATCH

Coming in hot, the Immortal Interceptor begins it's course for the troops, clashing against the magpie and wounding it

The speeder bike boys begin shooting at the regulars, trying to clear out the way

They claim first blood! The regular doesn't seem very happy with this

Warhead yeets his axe in an attempt to rip a whole into the ship...

... But he's got a good catch. Seems not all engineering nerds are weak

The Magpie soon after seeks to take down warhead, but a slick dodge saves him once again

Two regulars shoot the incoming ship, chipping 1 hp off

Engineer: Hey boss, we need some help out here. Maybe a tank? ... yes, we're in space... I see nothing wrong with a tank in space... GET ME THE TANK GODDAMMIT

Materializing out of nowhere, a tank appears IN SPACE

Mistress 'Murica appears to congratulate the engineer on his absolutely idiotic idea which is just as ossum, because that's how it goes in america

The Champions of Ignition appear, and they're here to get that darn warhead! He seems important, so of course they must catch him

With a joint effort of the Magpie shooting and crashing, and the troops, they're able to take the interceptor down to 1 hp! But is that enough to stop it? No. No it is not.

The engineer throws the axe back at warhead, but a terrorkhan gets in the way :fist:

The speeder takes it's turn, also missing because of pure ossumness in warhead

Finally, the tank fires its cannon...

...Only to miss too

But with all of this fire and explosions, warhead rips one of the bolts out of the sky and holds it in his hand: A mace of pure OT

And then straight after, he critfails and accidentally throws it into the void, never to be seen again.

The interceptor proceeds to ram into the deck, killing two troops and miraculously surviving

The rest ride towards the kestrel, hitting a head off of the speeder

Warhead solemnly flies on

The fire starter jumps onto the Magpie, firing a barrage of fire crackers, taking the ship down to 1 hp in a matter of seconds

The rocketeers finish off the interceptor

Mistress 'Merica: Hey Warhead! If you give up now, I'll be your own MILF, eh? :warhead:

Warhead: You already are
Mistress 'Merica: Oh warhead *swoons*

After their guns fail, the Minaglacian troops stand around awkwardly next to the admiral

The Magpie attempts a shot at him, but also misses

In an awesome fashion, the Fire Starter finishes off the magpie before jumping off to another ship. The crashing remains take down one of the immortals

The other troops walk up to the tank, before realizing that none of them have reloaded

But woah! Somehow it still explodes, and loses 2hp?!

Ah, of course, Rocket Snipers...

Warhead boosts up into the sky with his MILF, before plummeting down again...

... Only killing a darn redshirt

The admiral and the troop take down the remaining regulars

The Rocketeers release a final volley that takes down the tank for good...

The Fire Starter jumps from ship to ship before taking down the final immortal

Barely, the tank manages to use its last bit of energy to fall off the ship and onto the admiral, taking him out for good

Engineer: You fools! Do you not know that every engineer always has a self destruct function in their ships for their eventual downfall? Well now you do, and here in my hands is the -

*Boom*

Darn rocket snipers

Warhead: Don't worry MILF, we can get through this together

Warhead: SIKE
Warhead kicks his beloved milf towards the firestarter

Sadly, MILFs don't make good projectiles

Warhead: Ah shit, I knew I shouldn't have abandoned the milf.