Rociante, a WIP Space Champion for Emeria--Update 8

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

Super Dreadnought or Star Juggernaut

Hell yeah, Vami! Star Juggernauts FTW
38%
I do agree, but you do suck. (Picking this choice makes me sad)
8%
I agree with Colette. Build some respect and THEN build that Star Juggernaut.
23%
I agree with Colette. And You suck. (This one makes me more sad)
31%

Total votes: 13

Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Rociante, a WIP Space Champion for Emeria--Update 8

Post by Vami IV » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:24 pm

Finally I draw up plans for an Emerian Dreadnought! :D
:pics:
Scroll down. Or see a eye care professional.

Now, Colette has bid me to be Hotblack Desiato. Do not question why I do not question his will.

You will be ignored.
Thoroughly so.

Thus!
I shall go dark on all fronts save Emeria, Emerian canon, the Emerian army, and the other details to Colette. Compound, however, will resume until it ends and I start on building canon.
Now, let's look at my predictions for responses to this post.

If you voted the last category, then look at this spoiler. You make me sad.
Spoiler
Show
An Idiot wrote:LOL Vami, you're a N00B. Yur army doesn't even have a IRL tank LMAO. Just give up.
You will be ignored.
Thoroughly so.
Also, LMAO is a dumb meme and you should be ashamed about it. Even more so than people are of me for using them (Overwatch, I'm looking in your direction).
Skip this part if you dislike reading my prattle and want to see my work.
Spoiler
Show
A Reasonable Person wrote:Yo, Vami. I remember that (select piece, like a turret) from (certain faction, like Praetoria) being on another ship from said faction. Mind changing it?
O Rly?
Good. Point it out, and I can / will change it to the best of my abilities. I will then post the select item and you, dear reader, can determine if it passes muster. I really do want to--
Colette, via Brikwars Chat wrote:VAMI. BUILD YOUR OWN SHIT
I-I'm trying! :|
I beg your forgiveness!
WITHOUT FURTHER ADO
Behold, a good chunk of the top half of the bow of the very WIP EWS Rociante class Super Dreadnought (Colette wouldn't let me make it a Star Juggernaut).
Now, as this is a recent project (because no Spanish navy should have to be laughable :( )
Also, this is the FRONT of the ship (should you not know Ship-speak). That OT you see is a super weapon. A small one.
First example of having to change things. If your like Colette and get banished to an iPhone for a time while a parent uses the computer, This is a turret I built (Left) and the traditional Praetorian one that I never (previously) changed from the San Lorenzo V1's days.
Last edited by Vami IV on Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:16 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Vami IV

Re: Rociante, a WIP Super Dreadnought for Emeria

Post by Vami IV » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:29 pm

--Double Post--
I thought I should show you the Concept Art I'm using for this project.
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2012 ... finity.jpg (Image is simply to damn big)

Colette
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by Colette » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:30 pm

My parents do not use my computer. They just tell me to go to sleep and I can keep chatting on a phone.

Anyway, good start on the dread. It looks inspired, but not plagiarized from, Dilanski's Exodus.
ImageImageImage
Because everything's better with math.

Vami IV

Post by Vami IV » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:18 am

Colette wrote:My parents do not use my computer. They just tell me to go to sleep and I can keep chatting on a phone.

Anyway, good start on the dread. It looks inspired, but not plagiarized from, Dilanski's Exodus.
Thanks. (Keep your Chat Sanctions for now)

I actually stole the idea for the Bow hangar bays from the Spirit of Ragnablok (also a Dilanski if the person reading this isn't Colette, Dilanski, Scythe, or anyone else familiar with Dilanski's work).

Vami IV

Post by Vami IV » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:08 am

Update #6 (#1 if you're not Scratch, Nimja, or BFenix) Ignore the Praetorian vessel in the background until the next pic
You can stop ignoring it now. That ship on top is the Spirit of Ragnablok, which inspired a fair amount of this model. The chunk of digital plastic under it is just 3/4 of the top of the bow.

Now, if it turns out like I want it and left it as a solid (insides filled, I don't know why I did this so don't ask), it would be just under 20,000 briks.
I'm going to bed now.
Last edited by Vami IV on Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maverick
OLIOLIOOOOO
OLIOLIOOOOO

Post by Maverick » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:00 am

I think you're doing it wrong. You should start building chassis and shit, then build weapons and cosmetics.

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:30 am

Yeah, LDD will freeze up if you don't do the big parts first, especially with another big model next to it.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

Vami IV

Post by Vami IV » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:28 pm

Falk wrote:Yeah, LDD will freeze up if you don't do the big parts first, especially with another big model next to it.
I should point out that the spirit of Ragnablok was only there for a size comparison and is gone now.
Maverick wrote:I think you're doing it wrong. You should start building chassis and shit, then build weapons and cosmetics.
That's how I did start. Check my flickr if you don't believe me.

Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science, History, and Literature Expert

Post by Brikguy0410 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:21 pm

Wait, what right does colette have to say you can't have a star juggernuaght? If you build it and it looks cool, you have evey right to it.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:29 pm

There's a big part of me that is never impressed by these giant SHIPs. I'd rather see something small, Brikwarsy, and clever than something that's huge and sort of generic. That's probably why I've never built one of my own.

Vami IV

Post by Vami IV » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:32 pm

Brikguy0410 wrote:Wait, what right does Colette have to say you can't have a Star Juggernaut? If you build it and it looks cool, you have every right to it.
Colette, via BrikWars Chat wrote:Vami, no. Look at us factions who have built a Star Juggernaut. You're a n00b. We can't have some n00b building a Star Jug. Your army doesn't even have a tank. If you call it a Star Jug, I will employ Canon and Chat sanctions.
I will work around this problem.
Rociante class Super Ginormous Fucking Huge Dreadnought. Or Space Champion.

Colette
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by Colette » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:43 pm

Brikguy0410 wrote:...If you build it and it looks cool, you have evey right to it.
Going to put this big rant in spoilers so as not to shit a content thread
Spoiler
Show
Easier said than done for Vami, he's never shown me an original ship, and certainly not one that looks good, either from talent or much practice over multiple ships. In total honesty, I kind of bit my lip a little when Scythe introduced the first star juggernaut, and I wish we could shove the ridiculous genie back in the bottle. But Scythe had produced such a quantity of quality LDD material and may very well be the father of Brikwars LDD, such that you're right, I had no right to complain.

But Vami, a shitposting noob who's contributed less than people with half or even a sixth of his postcount and a notorious plagiarizer in LDD?

I think the contrast is clear. I don't think there's anything inherently stopping Vami from saying his space penis blows stars, but he needs to follow the examples of those who have done so before him and work for it, earning the privilege. Every person who has made a Star Jugg has a quality LDD and/or IRL build repertoire to support it-it's only fair to demand the same of all who want the same in the future. Furthermore, if Vami gets away with this, it will destroy the paradigm created thus far and allow every Tom, Brik, and Harry to extort the same right, citing his example. At that rate, every star in Nehellenium goes kaboom and we tip the BrikVerse kanon balance too far into ridiculous territory to salvage.

And remember- it's not what you say your ship does that matters, it's how it looks. If it looks astounding enough, others will literally make it a Star Juggernaut even if you didn't ask for it (as happened with Fredde's Mastodon).

That's my big old-man booty bothered rant. Carry on and make good shit.
ImageImageImage
Because everything's better with math.

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:52 pm

But remember LDD is like middle school: it isn't real.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:12 pm

Colette wrote:/rant
Okay, I'm not a big fan of this LDD shit nor am I a big fan of microspace stuff in general, but seriously STFU. Who cares if someone copies someone else? There's no patent on the design or anything and besides, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Everyone here copies other people in some way, shape, or form. So don't tell me that he's ruining the forum because of it.

As for Vami being a shiposting noob, I guess you would know more since you have more experience at that sort of thing, Pedonuker.

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:53 pm

This is what I managed to do when I said I'd make it.

Kind of began to hate LDD with this, Bavaria, Exodus Advanced and The Next Day, so it hasn't had much love, but have the file as is, and see what you can do with it.
Silent-sigfig wrote:But remember LDD is like middle school: it isn't real.
No, it's better than real, it's Digital.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:/rant
Who cares if someone copies someone else? There's no patent on the design or anything and besides, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Everyone here copies other people in some way, shape, or form. So don't tell me that he's ruining the forum because of it.
It becomes a problem in LDD when you can just hit 'import'. Imagine if building IRL had an import button? No reading instructions, looking for parts, or learning how the models go together, just 'import' and you have a finished model. Vami takes a model someone else put hours into, makes 10 minutes worth of changes, then slaps it up with a new name, and he argues, uprated specs (for our eternal game of space cold war).

Ultimately I care more for the fact that often using my models, Vami has allowed himself to skip one of the most important steps of becoming a better builder, without that, he'll never come up with his own designs, which is I hope you'll all agree, tragic. Also, to debunk two of your other points, Imitation is only sincere if effort went in, a 4 year olds finger painting of the Mona Lisa is sincere, someone copy and pasting it into photoshop, then adding a buttplug, isn't. Also, I believe on a LEGO model of any complexity, you'd have intellectual property rights over it.
Attachments
Emeria Dread.zip
(119.64 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Almond Status: ACTIVATED