For Great Justice, Part Two: Justice Under Siege

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Re: For Great Justice, Part Two: Justice Under Siege

Post by Falk » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:08 pm

If you go into offline mode while launching LDD (turn of wifi or something), and drop the .zip into C/Users/Username/AppData/Roaming/LEGO Company/LEGO Digital Designer/Palettes, it'll fix the bug. After launching you can turn your internet back on. There are also a couple other fixes here (it's where I got the file from).
Attachments
Palettes.zip
(105.5 KiB) Downloaded 276 times
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:42 am

Thanks, Falk. I'll do that if it goes on too long.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:48 am

Take all the time you need.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:31 pm

A touch over a year later, I present your Round Three. My deepest apologies for the absurdly long delay. If any of you are still interested in continuing the game, I'm happy to oblige. If not, I understand entirely. If we have a mixed situation, I'll reopen the signup slots or fill in myself. I'll be sending along a message to each participant to let you all know in case you don't see the thread light up.

I've been working on this for a couple of days. By sheer coincidence, I started it up again a year to the day after the last turn. Seems silly to apologize for this most recent delay given the one that preceded it but it does give me a working understanding of how progress will continue if players are still interested. The bi-weekly schedule I mentioned ages ago will probably work best for me in my current state.

Again, sorry for the delay. I hope you enjoy.

Previous: Round Two

Train Turn 3

The runaway train continues to barrel down the tracks.

Vamp Turn 3a

Solth and Loust decide to board the train in an attempt to get to Borya and slake their thirst on his heroic, vodka laced blood. Unfortunately, the train is moving faster than they can push their speeders and so they are forced to perform stylish vampiric leaps instead.

Vamp Turn 3b

Gried and Rath play bumper cars with their speeders and each comes under control of its pilot. Rath looks especially pleased to be of use.

Vamp Turn 3c

The two Vamps gun it toward the train. Rath lands his speeder atop the back end of the Caboose while Gried flies around behind and latches his bike to the Caboose with his chain. He prepares for danger and transforms into a tougher vampiric form using his Vamp Magik. His skin boils under the hot desert sun and toughens into crimson armor plating while devilish horns sprout from his skull.

Vamp Turn 3d

Rath stands up and takes a pot shot at the DISSECT on the roof of the adjacent car but is much too far away and the shot goes laughably wide.

Civilian Turn 3a

Borya continues to embrace the unflappable unbotheredness of his people, turns the gatling cannon in one smooth motion, and proceeds to cut Loust in half under a withering hail of bullets. Her body soaks up most of the damage and Solth escapes harm hidden in the silhouette of her meat shield.

Civilian Turn 3b

Min and Brandr continue to stockpile cocktails. They now have three and there will be one hell of a party as soon as anyone comes within range. Alcibiades bolts down through their car and makes it to the opposite end. Boy, he sure is eager to get in on the action.

Forester Turn 3a

Little Jack, inches from the ground and facing a massive pile of collision damage, hears the voice of his old Master in his mind and calls upon the spiritual power of the ancients hidden in the depths of his soul. He activates the venerable art of Spinjutzu.

Forester Turn 3b

And burrows directly into the desert floor.

While burrowing, Jack can move as normal but must come up next turn.

Forester Turn 3c

Dead Shani’s speeder carries her headless corpse forward alongside the train at the same speed she was going when the doorknob hit her on her way out. Meanwhile, Iorwerth regains control of his speeder and enjoys some yummy jam as a midafternoon snack.

Forester Turn 3d

Rada decides she’s had enough of hanging back and decides to gain the Boxcar. She guns her speeder forward and kicks off toward the car, her prodigious leap carrying her high into the air while her speeder angles toward the Elven group to the side. Mobility is so important in a Medik.

Forester Turn 3e

Hector hauls himself up off the boards of the Flatcar and launches himself onto the dangerously swinging Boxcar ladder.

Forester Turn 3f

Ruadh performs a risky maneuver using his arsenal of Ranger Tricks and hammers his axe home into the weak part of Dexter’s armor. The sly attack is successful in decapitating the Trooper.

Forester Turn 3g

However, the redheaded ranger’s footing isn’t solid and he falls through the trapdoor and into the viper’s nest. Fortunately for him, he manages to grab Dexter’s body on the way down and hopes it will provide him a modicum of protection for the attacks to come.

Elf Turn 3a

The Lord Shaman Amandil performs a daring aerial barrel roll and with supernatural force plunges his speeder directly down into the burrow Little Jack just disappeared into.

Elf Turn 3b

With a might only true Heroes are possessed of, Amandil hurls himself from the path of the pending explosion. As he crests the height of his superelven leap, the resulting mushroom cloud from the devastating explosion of his bike beneath the dunes pours into the open air behind him.

Elf Turn 3c

Ascadae also relies on the power of nature to speed her along and upward toward the forester Medik in mid-leap.

Elf Turn 3d

The powers she called on, however, are fickle and difficult to control. Rada whips around inside the wind tunnel surrounding the oncoming speeder and gains the upper hand.

Elf Turn 3e

With a kick and a hop, Rada sends the Elven speeder nose first into the dirt and begins an action movie hangtime descent into Sigrun’s abandoned speeder. For her part, Ascadae’s torso is caved in from the impact and she dies instantly. As his sister is sent careening into the earth, Luindraug also attempts to use the awesome power of Mother Nature to speed his bike along in an attempt to execute a hit and run.

Elf Turn 3f

He is infinitely more successful in this and takes Hector’s head with a savage swipe of his tiger claw. He careens into an impromptu barrel roll as he gains the other side of the train.

Elf Turn 3g

Finally, Calenfin grits her teeth and pushes her speeder as fast as it will go in an attempt to catch up with the Foresters trying to save Jack. She covers a good deal of ground.

Dissect Turn 3a

Master Sergeant Bouchard pivots and opens up unholy hell on the fallen Ruadh, blasting through the body of his comrade with casual ease. The last ranger is laid low.

Dissect Turn 3b

Lietenant Fleisher uses the Nano Colony to transform his spear back into a rifle and steps across the open doorway. He catches sight of Rada falling into view and takes a snap shot at her. The odd angle provides a bit of cover, however, and all the LT manages to do is blow the trap door to bits.

The Boxcar is now effectively Size 8.

Marshal Turn 3a

Walker calmly notes that Jack is making good on his getaway. The Fist calls out to her teammates to get ready and launches herself from the side of the train, mitts outstretched to catch hold of the runaway Forester speeder.

Marshal Turn 3b

Working in perfect unison, El Gringo climbs to the top of the Passenger Car just as Quick Jimmy bolts overhead and makes it all the way to the end of the car. Gringo takes aim and fires two taser lines. One reflects off the hull of the speeder but the other punches Iorwerth right in the chest.

Iorwerth is unconscious and will need to roll a UR5 (instead of a UR4) next turn to wake up.

Marshal Turn 3c

The Old Man isn’t about to be left out of the proceedings and loads up some Grapple Ammo. He hooks it to the window sill, sails through the open window, and rappels rapidly from the train soaring just under the unconscious Forester and his runaway speeder.

Round Three Overwatch A

Round Three Overwatch B

Round Three Overwatch C

Round Three Overwatch D

Round Three Overwatch E

Round Three Overwatch F

Round Three Overwatch G

Overwatch Breakdown
Spoiler
Show
Foresters

Abilities
6CP
Fleet

Efficiency Score: -6

Roster
  • Little Jack (Hero)
    • Move 11, Armor 2d6 + 1d10
    • Heroic Artifakt: Master sphincter’s Soul, Championship Belt
    • Cyborg Arm (UR3, CC, 2d6, also counts as Bare Hand)
  • Iorwerth (Forest Medik, Thin Stache)
    • Skill d8, Ker-Triage!, Tracking
    • Hand Axe, Crossbow
    • Inventory: MedTool
  • Rada (Forest Medik, Big Grin)
    • Skill d8, Ker-Triage!, Tracking
    • Hand Axe, Crossbow
Loot Score: 1

Kill Table
3 Kills
5 Deaths

Kill Score: -2

Badass Moments
Aerial Ballet (Rada, Sigrun, Ruadh), Foresters T1c
The Mobile Medik (Rada), Foresters T3d and Elf T3c-e

Badass Score: 2

Objectives
  • Primary Objective (Incomplete): Rescue Little Jack. You can’t trust anyone involved in this, so you need to eliminate anyone who will chase after him before escaping the field.
  • Objective (Incomplete): Escape with the Reward Chest. The boss rightfully earned that.
  • Objective (Incomplete): Eliminate (or help eliminate) the Elf Clan. Those bastards have it coming anyway.
Objective Score: 0

Space Marshals

Abilities
4CP
Kit and Caboodle

Efficiency Score: -4

Roster
  • Marshal Obadiah Walker (Hero, White Hat, Brown Suit)
    • Skill d12
    • Personalized Shotgun
  • Ferrous “The Fist” (Marshal, Brown Hat, Rose Jacket)
    • Skill d8, Move 7, Multitasking
    • Personalized Power Fists (Also count as Bare Hands and Shields)
  • Quick Jimmy (Marshal, Black Hat, Black Duds)
    • Skill d8, Move 7, Multidexterity
    • Personalized Knives
  • El Gringo (Marshal, Sombrero, Poncho)
    • Skill d8, Move 7, Multidexterity
    • Personalized Rayguns
Loot Score: 0

Kill Table
1 Kills
0 Deaths

Kill Score: 1

Badass Moments
DoorJam (Ferrous, Walker), Marshal T2a-c
That’s Fuckin’ Teamwork (all), Marshal T3

Objectives
  • Primary Objective (Incomplete): Protect Little Jack. Unconscious, if need be, but make sure he makes it to that SpacePort alive. You have a job to do.
  • Objective (Incomplete, Credit): Eliminate (or help eliminate) The Foresters, with the sole exception of Little Jack. The Law don’t back down fer nobody.
  • Objective (Incomplete): Protect the Big Blue Civilians. Alternatively, provide at least one kill assist per Civilian. The Law serves the Public.

DISSECT Team

Abilities
5CP
Nano Base

Efficiency Score: -5

Roster
  • Lieutenant Fleisher (Hero)
    • 3d6 Armor
    • GunBase (Scoped Concussion Rifle), Body Armor
  • Master Sergeant Bouchard (Brown Hair, Soul Patch)
    • 2d6 Armor
    • GunBase (Scoped Concussion Rifle), Body Armor

Kill Table
2 Kills
2 Deaths

Kill Score: 0

Badass Moments
Boxcar Bloodbath (Fleisher, Bouchard), Dissect T2a-c

Badass Score: 1

Objectives
  • Primary Objective (Incomplete): Protect the Reward Chest. That’s your ass if someone makes off with the cash.
  • Objective (Incomplete): Eliminate (or help eliminate) the Vamp Bandits. They need to be shown who’s boss.
  • Objective (Incomplete, Credit): Eliminate (or help eliminate) The Foresters. They could cause a lot of trouble if they talk. Keep that from ever happening.

Big Blue Civilians

Abilities
4CP
Capable Hands

Roster
  • Borya, Hero of the Rails (Hero)
    • Skill d12, Move 9, Gunnery
    • Dropped: Steel Driving Hammer (Heavy Weapon)
    • Mounted: Gatling Cannon
  • Brandr (Server, Brown Hair)
    • Skill d8, Move 9, Stealth, Gunnery
    • Server Tray (Minifig Tool)
    • Bottle of Wine with Rag (Minifig Tool/Consumable)
  • Min (Server, Pink Hair)
    • Skill d8, Move 9, Stealth, Gunnery, Ker-Triage!
    • Bottle of Wine with Rag (Minifig Tool/Consumable), Lighter
  • Alcibiades (Mechanik, Blue Hat, Overalls)
    • Skill d8, Move 9, Mechanikal Aptitude, Gunnery
    • Wrench (Minifig Tool)

Kill Table
1 Kills
0 Deaths

Kill Score: 1

Badass Moments
Gatling Cannon Fires You (Borya), Civilians T3a

Badass Score: 1

Objectives
  • Primary Objective (Incomplete): Protect Big Blue. She’s your lifeblood. As long as it isn’t too badly damaged, it can be repaired. Keep at least four sections from total destruction, with preference on the Engine.
  • Objective (Incomplete): Eliminate (or help eliminate) the Vamp Bandits. Who the fuck do they think they are?
  • Objective (Incomplete): Survive. You’re in this for a better life. As long as one of you gets to keep living, at least they can go on fighting and riding the rails. Death is so boring.

Elf Clan

Abilities
4CP
Primal Magiks

Roster
  • Amandil, Lord Shaman (Hero)
    • SN d8 (Nature Magik)
    • Scepter (Minifig Tool)
  • Calenfin (Elf, Green Hair)
    • SN d8 (Nature Magik), Ker-Triage!
    • Tiger Claw, MedTool
  • Luindraug (Elf, Blue Tatoo)
    • SN d8 (Nature Magik)
    • Tiger Claw

Kill Table
1 Kills
1 Deaths

Badass Moments
Primal Sandstorm (all), Elf T1
Favor of the Four Winds (all), Elf T2
Mushroom Cloud Layin’ Muthfucka (Amandil), Elf T3a-b

Badass Score: 3

Objectives
  • Primary Objective (Incomplete): Eliminate (or help eliminate) The Foresters. Not one survives to perpetuate their despicable evil.
  • Objective (Incomplete): Eliminate (or help eliminate) the Space Marshals. Anyone who aids the Enemy shall know your wrath.
  • Objective (Incomplete): Destroy (or help destroy) Big Blue. It is an abomination.

Vamp Bandits

Abilities
4CP
Vampire Bite

Roster
  • Gried, Master Vampire (Hero)
    • Undead, Vampiric Fortitude (counts as Body Armor), Move 8, SN d12 (Vampire Magik)
    • Chain (Hand Weapon, 2” Range)
    • Inventory: Pistol
  • Solth (Vampire, Green Hair, Sleeveless Suit)
    • Undead, Vampiric Fortitude (counts as Body Armor), Move 8
    • Pistol
  • Rath (Vampire, Yuppie, Blonde Hair)
    • Undead, Vampiric Fortitude (counts as Body Armor), Move 8
    • Pistol

Kill Table
1 Kills
1 Deaths

Badass Moments
Acrobatic Insanity (Gried), Vamp T1b-c
Awesome Vampiric Strength (Gried), Vamp T2a-e

Objectives
  • Primary Objective (Incomplete): Escape with the Reward Chest. Think of it…Royal Blood…yummm.
  • Objective (Incomplete): Eliminate (or help eliminate) the DISSECT Team. Don’t need anyone knowing where the money went, do we?
  • Objective (Incomplete): Destroy (or help destroy) Big Blue. With the train a wreck, the authorities will be sorting through that mess for weeks. More than enough time to slip the guard and move into the big house.
Overwatch Comparison
Spoiler
Show
Efficiency Score
Foresters: -6
Marshals: -4
DISSECTs: -5
Civilians: -4
Elves: -4
Vamps: -4

Loot Score
Foresters: 1
Marshals: 0
DISSECTs: 0
Civilians: 1
Elves: 0
Vamps: 1

Kill Score
Foresters: -2
Marshals: 1
Vamps: 0

Badass Score
Foresters: 2
Marshals: 2
DISSECTs: 1
Elves: 3
Vamps: 2

Objective Score
Foresters: 0
Marshals: 0
Civilians: 0
Vamps: 0

Total Scores
Foresters: -5
Marshals: -1
DISSECTs: -4
Civilians: -1
Elves: -1
Vamps: -1

Foresters remain at the center of the action, so their losses and gains swing wildly back and forth. They currently occupy last place, just behind the DISSECT team which is being taken apart piece by piece. The rest of the teams are tied for first place in a neck and neck struggle to get engaged with the enemy and avoid getting whittled down. All teams are currently displaying negative scores due to heavy Efficiency loss.
If you're a returning player, I recommend giving the Presentation post another once over and spending your rapidly accruing CP on bidding for Initiative (if nothing else). Also, ToJ Players should remember their Kanon Shots (one has already been fired...the results appear next turn) and, of course:
Send Orders for Round Four!

Navigation

Justice Under Siege Index

Previous: Round Two

Next: Round Four

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:41 am

Better late than not at all. The effects are superb as always, especially the animation with the rotating Little Jack.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:19 am

Thanks, mate.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:07 am

Still awesome. I'll send my orders in by tomorrow.

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:50 am

Sweet holy fuck it's back from the dead. I had forgotten all about this. I'll need time to think about orders.

They may be with you shortly, or tomorrow.
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

devincp
Officer

Post by devincp » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:25 am

if any new factions come in or if a faction needs orders i am willing to help out. I love that this is back. Been waiting to see what happens here for a while glad to see it come back.
John Galt wrote:I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons
an avid fan of large round cannons

Post by Kommander Ken » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:21 am

Holy shit this is beautiful.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:18 pm

Little Jack is back! :666:

I think I even remember what my plan was. :twisted:

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:38 pm

I'm very glad to hear that so many are excited. :D

Steel_Valkyrie
Also sounding like a whiny bitch

Post by Steel_Valkyrie » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:42 pm

Looking great! I really like the steampunky speeders...

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:31 pm

Thanks!

So I've gotten two sets of orders and I've been discussing one of the secret factions. I've gotten a response here from a player who should be sending orders soon. So that's four, which is enough for me to continue on once the orders are in.

I'm waiting to hear from three who, according to the Members section, are still active. Plus, I talked to two of them personally within the past couple of weeks.

Two, Battlegrinder and Brikguy (again according to the Members list info), are inactive since at least October. If anyone has contact with them, please let them know what's up. I'll wait til the 8th or so before I reopen those slots (with the understanding that they have control right up until I actually post Round Four, at which point the new signup will become the new controller for that faction). I'd like to get back underway by around the 15th or so.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:44 pm

Update: Everyone has responded with the exception of the two seemingly inactive members, including the two secret faction players and the hidden faction player. I'm waiting on two sets of orders from that group.

Given the forum inactivity and no response to PMs to counter it, I'm going to go ahead and reopen signups for the DISSECT Team and the Big Blue Civilians. If there are no takers before I start the turn over the next week-ish, I'll run them myself.