Moderator: The Shadowscythe

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Opener at Vígríðr Prime

Post by Quantumsurfer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:52 pm

Spoiler
Show
Note: I wanted to participate in Ragnablok while I still can and I wanted to see if I could still do this at the same time. If I can, I'll finish ToJ2 finally, or try to.

Props to anyone that gets my over obvious references.

Recommended Reading: http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... o_Conflict (though it's over now that Ragnablok has started)
INDEX

Turn 1
Turn 2
Turn 3
Turn 4
Turn 5
Turn 6
Turn 7
Turn 8

Vígríðr Prime,

Fimbulvetr City,

Day 39 of Ragnablok, 1600 Hours…

The Dwarves of the broken Jörmangandr clan, having barely survived the apocalypse that swept through the Devoid Sector in the form of a green tide, have pieced together their best and brightest and sent them ahead in what was called the Lazarus Initiative. Now, it is called Valbrand’s Charge. Equipped with the creation and destruction energies of their lost Plot Device SHIP surging through their veins and their weapons, they hope to gain some measure of revenge on the endless horde of Ragnablok. The endtimes have come but Dwarves aren’t put down easy.

Commander Valbrand: “There they are at last! Fire! Let the bastards know we’ve arrived!”

The Einherjar take up position and get the horde’s attention.

Grunt: “It’s dem Dorfs, Bawz! Dem wot we slaughtered on dat big ship! Dey ain’t stay ded!”

BigBawwz ShoGunn: “Well, wot you standin’ around for, ya git? Light em up, Waaauggh!”

The gruntz and the BigBoy turn and begin firing wildly, despite being out of range.

To the south are ruins which each contain Crates.

Crates are useful things that can be used to do one of two of the following things: 1) Call in Reinforcements or 2) Discover an Heroic Artifakt if you haven’t discovered one already.

To the North are ruins which each contain a Golden Loot Chest left behind by accident by the sweeping Brootal Hordes.

Claim the chest and get a prize, be it a new weapon or a piece of armor. It’s a roll of the dice but you might get something good.

• Gunnar-Grim: Falk
  • Brootalz: ninja_bait

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Re: Opener at Vígríðr Prime

Post by ninja_bait » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:53 pm

Aw yeah sign me up for them brootalz baby

Warbawss ended up looking good, quantum. Love the gold accents.
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:38 pm

Thank you, I stole him from me. But I may have lifted the design from somewhere else originally. Can't remember now. Was originally a build for ToJ.

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:09 pm

Quantum forum battle let’s goooo
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:12 pm

Does that mean you're taking the slot?

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:46 pm

Cool beans, orders whenever you're ready.

Turn 0

Grim

Hero: Commander Valbrand
  • Heavy Armor, Short Ranged Weapon, Hand Weapon
  • d10 Action, 7" Move, 2d6 Armor (Deflection)
Einherjar x3
  • Heavy Armor, Short Ranged Weapon, Hand Weapon
  • d6 Action, 5" Move, 4 Armor (Deflection)
Brootalz

Hero: BigBawss ShoGunn
  • Size 2 Mech, Size 2 Machinegun
  • d10 Action, 7" Move, 2d10 Armor
Gruntz x6
  • Light Armor, Short Ranged Weapon, Hand Weapon
  • d6 Action, 5" Move, 6 Armor

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons

Post by Kommander Ken » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:30 pm

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:41 pm

TURN ONE

One of the Einherjar takes off in a…flash? Well, I wouldn’t want to be standing in his path, that’s for sure. He hops the (lucky) break in the wall and huffs it out into the middle of the street.

His fellows aren’t so quick off the start line, filled as they are with that old dwarven cautiousness. They move more slowly in their heavy armor through the building to fortify their position as they watch for the coming green tide.

Commander Valbrand wastes no time in exploiting the available resources, choosing the path of greed. Only other dwarves would understand, so go stuff it if you don’t like it. They’re going to be in this fight a long time and having a Heroic Artifakt like this one, JordfødtHammarr (a Size 3 Grants User Compensating Hammer), is only going to make things easier. Besides, the Hammer was forged by the dwarves for battle. The more smiting it sees, the more glory its creators receive.

These crates are now marked Blue and may not be used by the Grim anymore.

The Brootalz sweep outward in a line, spreading out as they come. One or two among their number aim to overtake the crates in the ruins but climbing the wall slows them down just enough that they aren’t able to reach them this turn.

ShoGunn does his best naruto sprint impersonation and gains the golden chest. Inside he finds: a Size 2 Brootal ‘Eavy Gun which, by design, also doubles as a size 2 Chainsword.

The Chest is now empty.

KILL TABLE

GRIM: 0

BROOTAL: 0

REINFORCEMENTS

HEROIC ARTIFAKTS

GRIM : JordfødtHammarr

UPGRADES

BROOTAL: 1

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:14 am

Turn 2 is taken. Sorry for the delay. Will write and upload tomorrow, most likely.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:04 pm

TURN 2

The lone Einherjar continues to sprint toward the golden chest, chugging along.

The remaining Einherjar open fire on the Brootal Gruntz. The range is outrageous. One shot goes wide while the other rolls aces on range and hits spot on. The damage roll is high but the Grunt is barely saved by his light armor. He looks down in surprise at the smoking ring in his chest, and then barks a harsh laugh.

Valbrand leaps the wall and gains the street, prepared for anything the Brootalz can throw at him.

Three of the Gruntz clamber the walls of the ruins and gain the crates. Tearing into them, they find Figsnuffa (a Size 2 sword which grants a specialty d8 Action die to attack minifigs.) The Grunt holding becomes overwhelmed with a sense of power and his Ego inflates accordingly. He now thinks of himself as a Hero (though he doesn’t have the stats of one, he is merely an artifakt-holder). ShoGunn senses this and their eyes meet across the field of battle. Each one is now Cranky.

The crates are now marked Green and may not be used by the Brootalz anymore.

The remaining three gruntz move up and unload unholy hell on the sprinter. Between the range penalties and his heavy armor, however, he is able to hunker down and weather the assault. Chances are, he won’t survive if they keep to tactics like that.

ShoGunn snatches up the chainsword and begins demolishing the Northwest corner of the ruins that he’s in, cutting down walls and chucking debris in the air. It’s important to cause as much destruction as possible both to intimidate the enemy and for shits and giggles. But mostly, Shogunn is just really pissed off about that Figsnuffa.

KILL TABLE

REINFORCEMENTS

HEROIC ARTIFAKTS

BROOTAL: Figsnuffa

UPGRADES

Send orders for Turn 3, please.

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:28 pm

Battle is looking awesome so far!

Kommander Ken

Post by Kommander Ken » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:01 pm

:omnom:

ShoGun about to lay down some propa BattleBawss law.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:26 pm

TURN 3

Valbrand pushes off the ground in a mighty leap and soars over to the two Brootalz clustered in the middle of the intersection. He brings JordfødtHammarr down in one powerful, calculated swing.

And the results are devastating. Both Gruntz are killed by the hammer blow (feat successful). The street is caved in and gore splatters. First Blood to the Dwarves!

The sprinter takes cover in the still standing doorway of the old ruins to the Northwest while his fellows take potshots at the remaining gruntz in the crate ruins to the south. One of them misses wildly, hitting a pole. Another scores a healthy crotch shot but doesn’t get past the grunt’s light armor.

Reinforcements arrive for the Gunnar-Grim. It’s the Ironsights, equipped with Light Armor and Size 2 Machine Guns which also act as two handed swords thanks to their energy bayonets.

ShoGunn tries to cram the Brootal ‘Eavy Gun full of the debris he’s just created in order to create a wider cone of devastation. He loads it up and fires it but it explodes in his face! (Feat failed). Luckily, he is not injured. The gun, however, is toast.

The Gruntz move out of the southeast ruin. The holder of Figsnuffa lags behind, trying to think of a cool name for himself, now that he’s a hero and all. The three remaining gruntz with guns surround Valbrand and open fire, two shooting for his head and one for his back. The combination is effective and powerful and drives Valbrand to a knee but the tough dwarf takes it on the chin and rises once more.

Reinforcements arrive for the Brootalz. It’s some Gunnerz, equipped with Light Armor and ‘Eavy Guns (Size 2 Machine Guns which also act as two handed chainswords).

KILL TABLE

GRIM: 2

REINFORCEMENTS

GRIM: 1

HEROIC ARTIFAKTS

UPGRADES

Send Orders for Round Four, please.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:57 am

TURN 4

The sprinter, amazingly and finally, achieves his goal and gains the golden chest. Inside he finds an ornate Heavy Shield. Meanwhile, the Ironsights sprint toward the Intersection.

Valbrand rushes a grunt and slams his hammer home, turning the grunt’s insides to goo.

The remaining Einherjar take some long range shots at the grunts across the street but hit the surrounding terrain instead.

ShoGunn flash steps behind the would-be grunt hero, casting a shadow and a pall over the smaller ork. The bigger ork is displeased and they both know the smaller one should feel ashamed of himself. Though, whether that’s shame or fear running down his leg, he can’t really tell.

The smaller ork gives up the Heroic Artifakt to ShoGunn, who hefts it a moment…

And then smacks the smaller ork across the field of battle like a cricket ball, the force of the backhanded blow shattering the bones in the grunt’s face and sending him flying like a missile…

Where he comes careening down on top of an Einherjar, killing them both instantly. The dwarf topples back through the ruin and the light in his helmet goes out. (Feat successful).

The Gunnerz move up and two open fire on the Dwarven Hero. One hits a wall, the other strikes true. The two remaining grunts move to better firing positions and add their own fire to the mess. Again, one hits and one trips up and fires wildly into the air. Valbrand barely manages to survive the assault, thanks mostly to his tactical positioning.

KILL TABLE

GRIM: 3
BROOTAL: 2

REINFORCEMENTS

HEROIC ARTIFAKTS

UPGRADES

A reminder that there is still one set of reinforcements available. Collect them early by opening the opposite set of crates!

Please send orders for Round 5!

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:38 am

:man: that hero is one tough nut