Sky Ruler (LDD RPG)

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Re: Sky Ruler (LDD RPG)

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:40 pm

The north man looks ahead and sees his approaching doom.

The north men flee as the cavalry thunders upon them. A Dalrish soldier manages to thrust his spear into one of them.

"What happened here?!" roars the captain.

"T'was a yeti sir. The northerners brought one and unleashed it's evil upon us."

"Are the prisoners accounted for?" asks the captain.

Cuetlachtli soothes the horse while Chulaínna leans on the spear.

"Friends, we are most certainly not friends of Dalron! Our chances of survival from a cavalry charge are low. Perhaps we should consider using the carriage as cover or to retreat!" says Florens as he bandages his wound.
Anna and Orin make their way to the group, assessing the situation and preparing to defend themselves if need be.
Elwin, curious as he is, pockets the crystal after failing to find a pack and investigates the knights. He scans the ground for a bow, but does not see one.

"There's no need to fear." says a soldier. "I saw what your elf friend did to that beast. Honestly, I would have done the same if I were in your place. That officer deserved what was coming. I'll speak with the captain on your behalf."

"Sir, these prisoners are simply the victims of a misunderstanding-"

"Ah! I see you've rounded them up!" says the captain.

"What is that foreigner doing with a sword?" The captain sees the slain soldier behind Florens. "Murderer! I'll have your head!"

"My lord, mercy!"

"We were carrying a shard, a power that none may touch and yet this elf-"

"Will die with the rest of these trespassers and murderers! But you will be the first to feel my lance, traitor!"

"ENOUGH!" shouts a knight as he removes his helmet.

"Prince Rothgert! I- I had no idea- These criminals have been apprehended and-"

"This man tells you they can contain a shard and yet you would still seek to slay them? Get out of my sight."

"Yes, my lord..."

The prince dismounts and faces you. "Now tell me who you are and why is it that I've seen you in my visions."
Zupponn wrote:Where the hell did Semaj come from?

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:14 am

I will wait patiently for the elf to speak on it but I will keep my seat upon the horse.

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:17 am

Orin steps forward and introduces himself to the prince and tells him about his quest

devincp
Officer

Post by devincp » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:52 am

"Prince Rothgert, I cannot tell you why you have seen me and these others in your dreams. I can, however, tell you why I am here. My name is Elwin Elatumal and I have been traveling the lands in search of magical artifacts and ancient knowledge. Mostly to keep it out of the hands of those that might do others harm with it. I do not know much about this shard of which you speak, however, I saw and felt great power coming from the crystal that was being transported in the wagon. Would you be able to elaborate on what this shard is and what it can do and why it is so special that I was abler to hold it?"
John Galt wrote:I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Post by Captain-Camper » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:41 pm

Florens waits for the rest of the party to introduce themselves, he then sticks the sword into the snow and bows while introducing himself as "florens van der Hoff former knight of Myrindol and sell sword of the numerous Soriano-Kalendos conflicts"
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"

Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science, History, and Literature Expert

Post by Brikguy0410 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:01 pm

Anna, obviously very nervous, says "H-hello, M-my name is Anna, you're not going to execute us, right? the spirits at execution sites are always really mean and scary"

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:47 am

Chulainna explains her curse and her past as a trained assassin, and how she wants to live life peacefully.

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:28 pm

No pictures. Crazy busy with work. I'll have them for next time, but I need to keep the ball rolling on this.

Orin the dwarf, steps forward. "My lord, I am Orin Irongut of Karakbenur. I travel these lands as part of my quest."

"Yes, master Irongut, you are expected at court. We are eager to learn better smithing practices from such an esteemed individual." says Prince Rothgert.

"Prince Rothgert, I cannot tell you why you have seen me and these others in your dreams.", says the elf as he introduces himself. "I can, however, tell you why I am here. My name is Elwin Elatumal and I have been traveling the lands in search of magical artifacts and ancient knowledge. Mostly to keep it out of the hands of those that might do others harm with it. I do not know much about this shard of which you speak, however, I saw and felt great power coming from the crystal that was being transported in the wagon. Would you be able to elaborate on what this shard is and what it can do and why it is so special that I am able to hold it?"

"Master elf, by virtue of noble race, you are no stranger to the mystic forces that encircle this world. I will speak more on the shard later, but for now I kindly ask that you turn it over to me." says the prince.

Florens looks around to see if anyone else will speak, then he sticks his sword in the ground and says "Florens van der Hoff, former knight of Myrindol and sell sword of the numerous Soriano-Kalendos conflicts."

Prince Rothgert's eyes narrow as Florens finishes speaking. "And on which side of the conflict did you find yourself? For Soriano or the Kalendosi? Usually I don't make a habit of talking to honourless mercenaries, so you should consider yourself lucky that I'm even acknowledging you."

The prince glances at Cuetlachtli, appears confused, then turns his attention to Anna as she begins to speak nervously.

"H-hello, M-my name is Anna, you're not going to execute us, right? the spirits at execution sites are always really mean and scary." she says.

The prince looks at her silently for a moment. "Why are you so pale?" Then his eyes widen as if he realizes something. "Oh, it's you. It appears the part you play will prove to launch me into glory or be my undoing."
Prince Rothgert turns to the soldiers and points at Anna. "I want this one under constant watch. She is to have contact with no one else save this group and myself. Is that understood?"

Chulainna steps forward and explains her curse and why she is in Dalron, but the prince cuts her off.

"Honestly, I can never understand what a Duathan says. Your accent is just as atrocious as your appearance." He looks at the rest of your group. "Is there one among you that can translate what this poor wretch is saying? Perhaps the painted savage in the back? Can he even talk?"

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:46 pm

If he gestures at me in his frustration, I smile dumbly. Otherwise, I continue to sit stoically and pretend I don't understand a single word he's saying.

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Post by Captain-Camper » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:58 pm

Florens will speak barely enough for the king to hear "Soriano, I could never fell my sword for the Kalendos horde" he goes onto to say "the woman has a curse but I'm not sure her accent is too heavy".
Last edited by Captain-Camper on Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:17 pm

Eager to get on his way, Orin insists that the group goes with the Prince. He gives a look or reassurance to the group that everything will be okay.

Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science, History, and Literature Expert

Post by Brikguy0410 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:03 am

Anna follows Orin's lead, as she is not eager to get on the prince's bad side. (though anna isn't overly fond of him- his generally dickish attitude reminds her of the lord who killed her adoptive father.)

devincp
Officer

Post by devincp » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:14 pm

Elwin will hand over the crystal to the prince. "I would very much like to hear what you have to say about this crystal, but I agree that now is perhaps not the place for that conversation to take place." says Elwin, seeing the dwarf encouraging the group to go with the prince, "Prince Rothgert, as we will be traveling with you is there a possibility of a change of clothes. I would very much like to get out of these prison rags and into something more befitting my line of work."
John Galt wrote:I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:47 am

Sorry for the delay again. I'll have the results up later today.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:51 pm

Thanks. No worries, though. Life happens.