Nice use of noise

Re: Sky Ruler (LDD RPG)

Post by Silverdream » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:28 pm

I hold in my rage.

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:03 am

Cuetlachtli plays it cool by pretending to not understand a word being said.

For Chulainna, she does everything she can to hold back her rage. The Dalrish prince has upset her.

Florens sticks his sword in the snow and responds to the prince.

"Soriano. I could never fell my sword for the Kalendosi horde", he says quietly. "The woman has a curse but I'm not sure her accent is too heavy", he says gesturing to Chulainna.

"Soriano has kept its distance from our northern affairs for quite some time now, but alas, an enemy of the Kalendosi is a friend of mine. You are most welcome here, sir knight", says the prince. Then, pointing to Chulainna, "Keep your peace, Duathan. I mean you no harm."

Orin points at the prince and gives a reassuring look.

Anna glances at the prince, then to Orin. There is something about him that she doesn't trust.

"I would very much like to hear what you have to say about this crystal, but I agree that now is perhaps not the place for that conversation to take place." says Elwin, seeing the dwarf encouraging the group to go with the prince, "Prince Rothgert, as we will be traveling with you is there a possibility of a change of clothes? I would very much like to get out of these prison rags and into something more befitting my line of work."

"Of course, master elf. Your belongings have already been brought to Ennerset and they will be returned to you promptly upon our arrival. If there are no objections, you shall have the pleasure of dining in my presence tonight. I shall explain everything then and only then." Prince Rothgert announces.

Hours later you find yourself in Ennerset feasting by a warm hearth. The Dalrish soldiers have returned your belongings and have done their best to attend your every request. Cuetlachtli was given a shirt as his traditional clothing apparently caused a number of the women servants to become distracted from their duties. Then, after what seems like forever, the prince finally enters the room, looking each of you over for a time. He says nothing until only the embers burn in the now dimly lit room.

"It's not your fault that we can no longer trust in the east", he says, breaking his long silence. "This madness began years ago when the Kalendosi started this war."

"I would be a fool to pretend that our great kingdoms were always peaceful, but for all of the disputes that arose, even with blood being spilled, we never allowed it to escalate to full scale war."

"But when those Kalendosi bastards began pushing into our lands and taking our people captive, my father wisely chose to remind to whom the north belongs."

"And so the war continues. We tell our little folk that Dalron prevails at every battle, but truth is that we are losing. I know not what causes it, but the men of Kalendos have a certain fire to their demeanor that I have never before seen."

"A few weeks ago, I found a shrine to the great dragon and knelt before it. I've never been pious man, but this war has changed me in a way that I am no longer afraid to admit. I poured my heart out to our great guardian of the skies."

"And then she appeared. The undergrowth made no sound as she walked upon it. Her beauty transfixed me in such a way that I could not speak. During my youth, my father would tell me how those that came before could render any man speechless, but I had never believed any being could hold such sway over me or that those who came before had even existed.

"She told me to be patient. The end to the war would come soon, as long as I looked for aid beyond these shores. I scoffed at the idea, and truth be told I still do. Foreigners have never been trusted in the west. Especially after the what the men of Falcren did."

"She began to fade, ignoring my pleas for her to remain with me for I did feel utter joy in her presence. Nevertheless, she smiled and told me to seek the shards. They would hold the answers."

"After she had gone, I found a book laying next to the shrine."

"A book that even our greatest scholars are unable to decipher. I have attempted to use the shard to unlock it's secrets, but even my royal blood can not access it's magic," says the prince. "However, since I first used the shard, my dreams have been filled with images of you. I was told to look beyond our shores for aid, but now I see that the Dragon has sent you to help us. I can not help but believe that your timing is mere coincidence. Especially now that winter has fallen upon us and this aggression by the Kalendosi has ravaged our land. I fear that I may begin rambling, so before I forget, I shall do my best to answer what I presume may be many questions."
Last edited by Semaj Nagirrac on Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zupponn wrote:Where the hell did Semaj come from?

Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science, History, and Literature Expert

Post by Brikguy0410 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:57 pm

(Anna speaks her hands at her sides and her head looking directly down at the floor) u-um sir, can you tell us anything more about that mysterious woman you met?, y-you see my Dad knew a lot of things no normal scholar would, and he passed much of that knowledge on to me. I might be able to determine who or what these people who came before are, and I think that would give us clues that could help in deciphering the book, i-if it's not to much trouble of course.

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:34 pm

Orin moves over to the fire and starts to eat some mutton while listens in on the conversation, waiting to get more information. After all the other interactions, Orin asks the prince about his quest

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:48 am

I take my fill and gaze into the fire, only occasionally looking up when I hear verbal emphasis, maintaining the pretense that I cannot understand the speech. I will continue to watch and listen carefully, however, and gather as much information as possible.

devincp
Officer

Post by devincp » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:00 am

Elwin steps forward, "I would like to know more about theses shards, what are they and what is their origin? What can they do, what power do they hold? I am also interested in this book of yours and would like to take a look at it if you would allow me that opportunity. I know that you do not know me very well and have no real reason to trust me or any of us, but you have made no headway so it would seem no harm at all to see if I or one of us could make out anything from it."
John Galt wrote:I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:57 pm

Chulainna eats quietly, and warms herself with the fire.

"So you want us tah fight for yah? I came here to live peacefully."

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Post by Captain-Camper » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:23 pm

Florens knows little of magic so he discusses the Kalendosi strategy and how the war fairs
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:01 pm

Anna is the first to break the silence. "U-Um sir, can you tell us anything more about that mysterious woman you met? Y-You see my Dad knew a lot of things no normal scholar would, and he passed much of that knowledge on to me. I might be able to determine who or what these people who came before are, and I think that would give us clues that could help in deciphering the book. I-If it's not too much trouble of course."

"Dear child, those that came before are simply that. Powerful beings that once ruled all the world, but have since declined. They appear to us mortal beings every now and then and though they have much knowledge of that which is hidden to us, their existence is no mystery to me. Still, I thank you for your input. This book's language, however, is unknown to any of our scholars. How could a simple girl like you begin to understand it's secrets?" the prince replies.

Cuetlachtli watches the fire and listens to the others carefully without revealing that he knows what is happening around him. The prince eyes him suspiciously.

"I would like to know more about theses shards, what are they and what is their origin?" says Elwin as he steps forward. "What can they do, what power do they hold? I am also interested in this book of yours and would like to take a look at it if you would allow me that opportunity. I know that you do not know me very well and have no real reason to trust me or any of us, but you have made no headway so it would seem no harm at all to see if I or one of us could make out anything from it."

"You have been able to contain it's power before, even without the virtue of my royal blood. I see no reason why you could not inspect it again." says the prince as he pulls out the shard. "The truth is, we know very little other than those that came before were able to do great deeds with them. Most were either lost or destroyed over the centuries, but the royal houses of the west have always managed to keep at least one."

He tosses it to Elwin who has no trouble catching it.

Suddenly, a vision flashes before Elwin's mind. A being in a forest... winter...
(ONLY ELWIN SEES THE VISION)

Chulainna eats quietly, and warms herself with the fire. "So you want us tah fight for yah? I came here to live peacefully." she says.

"Again with that dreadful Duathan accent..." the prince is clearly annoyed, but suddenly the expression on his face changes as he begins thinking. "Duathan... Duathan! Of course!"

"You are a Duathan! Foul as you are, you may be the key to this puzzle!" the prince rushes around the fire to Chulainna.

"This book! The reason my scholars can't read any of it is because it is written in Old Duathan, a language we have no need of here in the west! I'd stake my life on it! Can you read this?" asks the prince as he hands the book to her.

Orin asks about his quest as he takes a bite out of his mutton.

"Master dwarf, I must confess I don't really know what your quest is." the prince answers.

Florens admits he knows little of magic and begins discussing the Kalendosi war.

"No no no..." the prince puts his hand to his head. "I nearly forgot. The Kalendosi are also on the hunt for the other shards..."

The prince looks at the group and studies you for a moment. "But everyone in Dalron is on the hunt for Kalendosi spies... Foreigners may not be trusted, but with a simple edict, you'll be allowed passage throughout the kingdom just as any other subject from Dalron would be. No one would suspect a group of easterners would be allowed to work for the crown... Master dwarf, if you have no objection, if none of you have any objection, I'd like to assign you a new quest."
Zupponn wrote:Where the hell did Semaj come from?

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Post by Captain-Camper » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:19 pm

Flores asks where the shards may possibly be located and agrees to the quest. He also requests a horse to add him in his quest
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:21 pm

He reminds the Prince of his quest to seek aid and troops sent to his home in exchange for his smithing skills.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:19 pm

I keep up the facade, but I'm interested. I will only look up around in seeming confusion when/if the rest of the group starts to murmur assent.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:21 pm

"Ah'll read it, baht only because of the food yuv given."

Read silently before speaking to him about the contents.

devincp
Officer

Post by devincp » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:19 am

Elwin inspired by the vision he just had tries to conjure a blade of energy through the power of the crystal. Turning to the rest of the group in particular to the prince, "I believe that a creature in the cold regions might have one of the shards. Even to the point of having much stronger control over it than others. I will accept your quest Prince if it brings me closer to the rest of these shards. They should not be in the hands of just anybody."
John Galt wrote:I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:07 pm

(Another text based reply because my schedule is still crazy...)

Florens agrees to the quest and asks where the shards may be hiding.

"If I knew that then I wouldn't need you", says the prince. "I'm hoping you'll discover the answers we seek."

Orin reminds the prince about his quest to find soldiers to aid the dwarven holds in Calendri.

"Master dwarf, with all do respect, my soldiers will only ever go to Calendri to conquer it. Due to the war with Kalendos and this crisis with the shards, I'm going to need all of my men to remain at home. But if you'll accept, I'd like to ask you to aid master Florens in discovering the other shards." is the prince's reply.

Elwin attempts to conjure a mystic blade from the shard, having seen one in the vision, but nothing happens. Turning to the rest of the group, in particular to the prince, he says "I believe that a creature in the cold regions might have one of the shards. Even to the point of having much stronger control over it than others. I will accept your quest Prince if it brings me closer to the rest of these shards. They should not be in the hands of just anybody."

"This bodes well, noble elf. I gladly accept." answers the prince.

"Ah'll read it, baht only because of the food yuv given." says Chulainna as she begins reading silently.

"I must admit, I was quite harsh to you earlier. You have proven that you are certainly much more than meets the eye." the prince admits.

Cuetlachtli keeps silent, pretending he still does not understand. The prince eyes him suspiciously.

"And what about the savage?" he says to everyone else. "Is there one here that speaks in his tongue?"