The Death of Worlds

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Magic Soap, Thesson

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

The Death of Worlds

Post by Duerer » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:19 am

What previously happened...

Mission: Escape!

Hans-Rudi Jäger carefully looks at Witchbane, Jerzy's own sword, and realizes, what fine and artfully crafted piece of weaponry he is holding in his hands. Suddenly a cultist is entering the room, brnging a message to Jäger.

Cultist: “The generous offer to Brikthulhu has been accepted! The Lord of Destruction shall arrive in no time!”
Hans-Rudi Jäger: “Excellent! This will keep them busy, for a while and secure us a safe retreat!”

Hans-Rudi Jäger: “JUST LOOK!”

On the orbit of Planet Puczysk, a giant red gateway, appears, serving as a portal between the physical world and Brikthulhu's realm...

...out of the portal arrived Beelzebub, one of the Greater Daemons of Brikthulhu!
Beelzebub, Lord of Destruction:RRREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Bound on a chair, Jerzy slowly regains consciousness and looks up, towards the side window...
Jerzy Durer:What the hell happened?!

Jerzy Durer:*whispering* No, this is not possible...
Hans-Rudi Jäger: “YEES!! WITNESS THE POWER OF THE LORD OF DESTRUCTION!!”

...only to realize, that this daemon goes for the Planet itself!
Jerzy Durer:*whispering* ...Beelzebub!
Hans-Rudi Jäger: “HAHAHAHAHA!!”

And with one strike of his tail, spewing out daemonic bile...

...the whole Planet, where Jerzy fought several hours ago, begins to crumble.

The Planet Puczysk, once home of 4 Billion figs on the edge of the Confederate Borders, is gone!
Hans-Rudi Jäger: “SEE?! THIS IS TRUE POWER!!”
Jerzy Durer: “...”

Hans-Rudi Jäger: “Look, where your defiance and stubbornness has led to! All you had to do, was to leave these worlds to us. We would even have provided a safe conduct for your civil population.”

Hans-Rudi Jäger: “But you had to say 'no'! You showed, that you all are too uncooperative towards us, even risking your own good, because you are too pride to give in to our generous offers! What are you going to do now?! Crawl to other greater powers, begging for help on your knees?! HAHAHA!!”

Hans-Rudi Jäger: “Hmm... However, if YOU are able to cooperate with us, I might spare your lousy life. According to our reports, you are some sort of librarian in some monastic order, right? You seem to have vast knowledge about German history and culture, too. Actually quite impressive! So, does your vast knowledge also contain the name of that bastard, that leaked the plans for our Invasion? Was a spy involved in this?! Do you know his name and origin?!”
Jerzy Durer:I... I think I know t-that guy... It-it's San... ta...
Hans-Rudi Jäger: “Santa... ?”

Jerzy Durer:M-manly... S-s-santa...
Hans-Rudi Jäger: “Leck mich doch, der Pisser will mich verarschen!! Do you really think, that you could fuck around with ME?!

Hans-Rudi Jäger: “Well then, I've got several other methods to make you talk!”
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons

Re: The Death of Worlds

Post by Kommander Ken » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:09 am

Spoiler
Show
:byzero:

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:05 am

Those LDD scenes are really impressive.

Bluefog
Cannon Fodder

Post by Bluefog » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:08 pm

Really, really well done. Enjoyed this a lot.
"Hey, you try making love to a complete stranger in a hostile, mutant environment, see how you like it."

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:07 pm

Hans-Rudi Jäger: “You made me do this!”

*TOK-TOK*
As something hits the steel door repeatedly, everyone inside the room turns towards the entrance...

...from which a special forces squad of the TTSJDF rushes inside.
*RATATATAT*

*SLASH*
Hans-Rudi Jäger: “ARGH!”
TTSJDF Soldier 1: “Piltogg Scum!”

TTSJDF Soldier 2: “What should we do with this goy, Mr. Goldberg.”
Samuel Goldberg: “I know him, an old friend of mine. He can go with us.”
Jerzy Durer: “What are you all talk in about?! I don't know, who you...”

Jerzy Durer: “Samuel?! Is that you?!”
Samuel Goldberg: “Jerzy! Long time no see! I'm sorry, that we have to meet under these circumstances, though.”

Jerzy Durer: “How did you find me? Why and how did you come here at this ship?”
Samuel Goldberg: “You know, we are behind several covert operations, lately. Especially, when the Nazis started to get their war machine going. Unfortunately, word about it got around very quickly and launched a preemptive strike on our homeworlds, drastically delaying our operations. Even with our best efforts, we can't be everywhere, anymore.“
Jerzy Durer: “Uhuh, sound indeed... worrying.”
Samuel Goldberg: “I know, you are confused and still have just a rough idea on what is going on, but we have no time, to discuss all questions on spot! We have to get out of here, now!”

Samuel Goldberg: “Requesting teleport for four men! Coordinates are 564, 657, 345!”

*WHOOOOSH*

Winning Contest Entries
Show

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:17 am

Mission: Discuss further actions on dealing with the daemon

*WHOOOSH*

Naval Assistant: “Mr. Goldberg, glad to see you again.”

Naval Assistant: “As I can see, you have brought a friend with you from your dodgy maneuver. ”
Samuel Goldberg: “A friend, indeed! This is Jerzy Durer. I know him since my times as a mere teacher in Würzburg.”
Naval Assistant: “Mr. Goldberg told about you. Nice to meet you, Jerzy.”
Jerzy Durer: “Uhm, hi there.”

Naval Assistant: “What will your next move be, Mr. Goldberg?”
Samuel Goldberg: “We have to head back to Puczysk... or what is left of it. They have managed to summon Beelzebub and sacrificed the whole planet to that abomination!”

Crew: “HUUUH!”
Crew Member: “Oh vey!”

Samuel Goldberg: “We have to find a way to stop that beast from gaining more foot and devouring more innocent people. But how? We know almost nothing about his kind!”
Jerzy Durer: “The daemons...”

Jerzy Durer: “They are able to unfold all of their full power inside the physical world, directly intervening in it... yet they are in the most vulnerable state, while outside the spirit realm.”
Samuel Goldberg: “What do you mean by that? Can you elaborate, please?!”
Jerzy Durer: “If I'm right... the daemon can suffer the same wounds as other real creatures, here. So, if we try to hit him on a sensitive spot, like the eyes or the wings... we might have a chance to stop it, before it could do even more damage. Problem is... we need something, that is equally or similarly agile as the daemon itself... like a starfighter or a mech, if we want to hit these weak spots.”

Samuel Goldberg: “Well, we still have my Golem-Suit in the hangar, but I don't want to leave my crew alone, without my guidance. And I can't just hand it over to everyone.”
Jerzy Durer: “Don't worry... I've piloted such things for years and fought... against bigger opponents... I can pilot that suit... while you stand by your crew.“
Samuel Goldberg: “Could be, but are you really sure about that? I hope you are fully aware, with whom you are fighting with!”
Jerzy Durer: “I fully aware, that we'll be in much deeper shit, if we... if we don't kill this thing right on spot! This is not the first time I dealt with daemons. Maybe not of that size, but trust me... I know, how to get rid of such creatures.”

Samuel Goldberg: “*sigh* Stubborn, as always. Normally, I don't trust just everyone to pilot the Golem, but because of the vital necessity, I will make an exception, this time. Here, take these keys. They will open the Golem for you, at the hangar.”

Samuel Goldberg: “We're counting on you, boy. Take care.”
Jerzy Durer: “I will, Samuel. Thank you.”
Winning Contest Entries
Show

Kommander Ken

Post by Kommander Ken » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:53 pm

Golem-suit? Yes please.

Also, cool design on the Cohen.

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:45 am

Haja those keys
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:04 am

Mission: Destroy the deamon, before reaches the core worlds!

Three freighters, each carrying survivors of Beelzebub's aggression, try to escape from the daemon, lusting for the souls of the innocent...

...while a whole battlegroup of the Confederate Navy, lead by Komandor Magdalena Pierunska in her flagship “Pomorze Tylne” approaches the remains of the Planet, in order to fight that beast, before it could threaten any sorrounding systems.

Komandor Magda Pierunska: “Alright men. Although I'm not a fan of simplistic tactics, I suggest, that we should dump our entire firepower on that daemon and pray, that we his some sort of weakspot, by accident. This is the only thing we could do for now, as we lack any effective weaponry or information about the target.”

*PEEW*
Beelzebub spews another load of daemonic bile on the freighter...

*BADA-BOOM*
...tearing it apart, with ease.

Komandor Magda Pierunska: “W mordę jeża! We can't let that thing kill our men like lambs for the slaughter! OPEN FIRE!!”

The entire battlegroup opens fire on the daemon, but it manages to dodge the attacks, in spite of it's gigantic size.

With a quick strike, it tears apart two Polish ships like sheets of paper...

...and goes for the “Pomorze Tylne”.
Winning Contest Entries
Show

Kommander Ken

Post by Kommander Ken » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:37 am

Damn. Too bad they're not firing insect repellent.

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:37 am

*SPLASH*
Beelzebub, Lord of Destruction: “RRREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!”
Suddenly, something hit the daemon right in it's giant compound eye...

...which turns out to be Jerzy Durer, inside Samuel's Golem-suit.

Samuel Goldberg: “Can't believe it! He actually managed to hurt that thing!”
Naval Assistant: “Shouldn't we provide him more support fire, Mr. Goldberg?”
Samuel Goldberg: “Yes, of course!”

Samuel Goldberg: “Shoot at the wings! Try to immobilize that daemon!”
*PEW-PEW* *PEW-PEW*

And so they do. The Time Travelers rip Beelzebubs wing apart through massively concentrated firepower, while Jerzy flies to the other side...

...stabbing it into the other eye.
*SPLASH*

Beelzebub, Lord of Destruction: “RRREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!”
The pain was so intense, that Beelzebub begins to writhe and unknowingly knocks back the Golem in the process.

Komandor Magda Pierunska: “NOW!! Fire at it's tail!”
*PEW-PEW* *PEW-PEW*

But even without eyes or tail, the hungry daemon is still highly aggressive and starts to rip the “Pomorze Tylne” apart.

Komandor Magda Pierunska: “Dammit! This thing must be on crack or something! Both eyes poked out and still fighting?!”

Jerzy Durer:*to himself* I've already failed the people on Puczysk. There's only one way, how I could redeem myself!”
Jerzy notices a bubble like build-up on the daemon's back, resembling it's eyes, but also appears to be fragile and soft.

Beelzebub, Lord of Destruction: “URGH...”
As assumed, this bubble must have been the beast's weak spot, maybe some kind of power reserve. Immediately, it sinks down and stops attacking the Polish warships.

*PEW-PEW* *JEB-JEB-JEB*

*RATATATATAT*
Just to be safe, all warships combine fire on the hull of Beelzebub, which already seems to have died out.

As everyone held fire, it became quiet and everything stood still, all the sudden. Nothing moves, except for the floating carcass of the vile daemon, that destroyed an entire planet, and it's slayer, approaching the “Pomorze Tylne”.

Komandor Magda Pierunska: “I don't know, who you might be, but taking on that daemon, just in a mech-suit was indeed an act of singular courage. We thank you all, for your help!”

Jerzy Durer: “I think, you might have already heard from me.”
Komandor Magda Pierunska:*via commlink* Chief Librarian Durer?! But the Warden just told me, that you couldn't make it out of that planet!”
Jerzy Durer: “Well, I don't know either, how I managed to survive all of this. My time traveling friends over there might know more.”
Komandor Magda Pierunska:*via commlink*I see, you brought some company with you. How did they know about the daemon's presence, though?”

Jerzy Durer: “I think, I'll answer that one later on. Now it's time to leave this sector and look for the survivors. Nothing holds us here, anymore.”
Komandor Magda Pierunska: “Understood, we'll be moving out, right away.”
Winning Contest Entries
Show

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:25 pm

Duerer wrote:Jerzy Durer: “Well, I don't know either, how I managed to survive all of this. My time traveling friends over there might know more.”
Komandor Magda Pierunska:*via commlink*I see, you brought some company with you. How did they know about the daemon's presence, though?”
How did they know?? They're time travelers, mystery solved :house:
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:47 pm

The TTSJs are always in the right place and the right time.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:38 am

I don't know what to say other than that this is awesome.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:15 am

***LIVE TRANSMISSION FROM THE SEJM BUILDING IN NOWA WARSZAWA***VERY IMPORTANT***

Prezydent Małgorzata Sadow: “Szanowe obywately Konfederacji, polacy w Unii Krakowskiej i w całej galaktyki!“

Prezydent Małgorzata Sadow: “Since the earliest years of this very nation's existence, we have been under attack by all sorts of foreign intruders and conquerors: the Teutonic Order, the Ottoman Empire, the Muskovites, the Immortal Empire, centuries before the actual Immoral War even started, and the list goes on and on. It wasn't until the hell, that was Brik War II, when the Kingdom of Poland ceased to exist. Every neighbouring nation used her weakened state to their advantage, after centuries of constant warring.”

Prezydent Małgorzata Sadow: “Yet even under Soviet occupation, we managed to stand up against our oppressors and reclaim our freedom. In less than a year, our economy recovered quickly from the scars, that communism left to it and our nation was able to rise from the ashes, like a phoenix.”

Prezydent Małgorzata Sadow: “As expected, it wouldn't take too long until we would become the target of another invasion, though. Two months ago, the Nazis and Communists attacked the Starport of Nowy Gdańsk, one of our oldest national sights, dating back to the coronation of Kazimierz the Great. Irrespective of it's cultural value, beauty or history, these barbarians destroyed several great pieces of art and endangered thousands of civilian lives inside the Starport. While we managed to drive back the invaders, no restoration attempts could fully heal the scars, that were cut deep into it.”

Prezydent Małgorzata Sadow: “Weeks later, the Piltogg cowards slaughtered hundreds of our mine workers on a mining asteroid near Planet Poznań, before being once again driven out by the combined efforts of the Koalicja Międzymorska. It was never out of question, that the Nazis would lack the courage, to go against battle-hardened soldiers and go for innocent and unarmed civilians, instead.”

Prezydent Małgorzata Sadow: “And just two days ago, they managed to commit one of the most atrocious crimes towards the Polish people, since the end of Brik War II: the Planet Puczysk, once home of over 4 Billion Poles, has been handed over as a sacrifice to Beelzebub, a vile daemon from the daemonic underworld. And if that was not enough, the Nazis used this opportunity to fall back into their satellite galaxy, while sucker-punching us all!
May the Great Creator ward over the souls of the unfortunate victims of this massacre.”

Prezydent Małgorzata Sadow: “However, we cannot, we WILL NOT stand for this act of cowardice and cruelty! We Poles are born with a sword in one hand, to defend ourselves and our Fatherland in times of war, and a brick in the other hand, to rebuild our home afterwards. And now it is time for us to raise our swords and fight not only against the Nazis, but also the Soviets and anyone, that support either of their agendas! I, for one, will draw mine and fight alongside with my country man, like last year during the uprising. And so should YOU, too. Your Fatherland need everyone of you, more than ever!”
*clapping auditorium*

Prezydent Małgorzata Sadow: “Dziękuję bardzo za uwagę!”

*loud applause*
Winning Contest Entries
Show