[RPG]: World of Kastil

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

Noktu
Officer

[RPG]: World of Kastil

Post by Noktu » Mon May 16, 2016 1:16 pm

Welcome to the World of Kastil!

Day 1: The Dawn

Day 2: Ill Omens

Kastil Website - Timeline updated and Day 1 online.

Map of Kastil

Factions

Nokheim

Weisshaupt

Mådplatz

Players:

(Bann154)
Name: Nathan, of Swynhill
Faction: Freelancer
Background: Nathan hails from the town of Swynhill, seeking adventure and fortune after his family was cowardly put to the sword by Mådplatzian thieves. Staying steadfast for a chance to repay those who took all that he loved.

(Lordintype)
Name: Karthil Q'tani
Faction: Q'tani mercenaries / Freelancer
Background: A mysterious foreigner hailing from the east, Karthil was conscripted into the count's army, but deserted with a small group of soldiers after witnessing the aftermath of a horrific crusade. Forming his own group of mercenaries, Karthil fights for money, but justice most of all.

(Redrover)
Name: Larce Deholm, the Devil of Mistwood
Faction: Freelancer
Background: Larce Deholm, once a respected sergeant of Nokheim. Serving his lord on a small defensive fort in Mistwood. Until the very day he was deemed a traitor against the Realm. While on his regular patrol duty he came in touch with an otherworldly deity, a battle ensued and left him unconscious within the woods. His right hand starting to turn red from the blood that the vanquished creature had spillen upon him, itching... A search party was formed as the venerable sergeant was nowhere to be found. Once he was sighted by the guards, all they could see was a young maiden with her throat slit, and blood on the blade of their soon to sober up Deholm. Valiant guards tried to seize Deholms weapon and capture him for "atrocities" he had committed, therefore forcing Larce to dispose his comrades and flee deeper into the woods. His right hand itching from the misshapen, what strange powers might lie in such an illness? The legend of what he did grew and so Larce became known as the Devil of Mistwood.

(Duerer)
Name: Wojtas
Faction: Free men of Kraskyw
Background: Having lost his family (and sanity) over the years of war, Wojtas joined the army to crush the enemies of Kraskyw, making it his single remaining goal in his life. He usually wields a horseman's pick to smite his foes.

(Runnybabbit223)
Name: Leafblade Cloakfire
Faction: Nokheim
Background: A retired veteran soldier, Cloakfire now uses his extensive experience to search for the fortune he never made in war. He is not commanded by Nokheim, but has sympathies towards them, however he is still open to an alliance change. He suspects the Mådplatz king is a fraud, and always is on the lookout for any evidence against him. He is now camping in Mistwood, revisiting one of his old battle-sites against the Mådplatz, looking for any possible evidence against their monarch.

(Tastyskippy123)
Name: Coldar Starkrowe
Faction: Rangers of Starkrowe
Background: His village was burnt down by Mådplatz soldiers when he was a young boy and he was the only survivor. This led him to hate the kingdom of Mådplatz, and in his sorrow he became a drunkard and spent the first twenty years of his adult life in taverns. He decided this wasn't the life his father wanted him to have, so he formed the Rangers of Starkrowe, consisting mainly of retired Nokheim veterans who see his quest as a noble one, to avenge his family and is still searching for the man responsible for killing his family and burning down his village. Him and his rangers are currently camping near a small village of Northcowl north from Drak Ruins, preparing for the journey ahead.

(Valiant)
Name: Connor "The Valiant", Lord of Westlight
Faction: Weisshaupt
Background: Hailing from the East coast of Weisshaupt, Connor has lived a privileged life. Born into nobility, he started off on a rocky road. However, after having lived with the local Templar battalion for his teenage years, he learned the value of wisdom, fairness, justice and courage. After his graduation ceremony, he was able to return to his father's halls and begin his life of service to the kingdom. A veteran of war, Connor earned his title "The Valiant" when instead of taking the defeated von Kraut's sword and decapitating him (such was the custom at the time), he instead returned the sword, thus leaving Nokheim's honour in tact. Such acts as these has brought years of peace and prosperity to the land of Weisshaupt. Currently a member of the White Guard, Connor has been stationed in Weisshaupt's capital for the past few months during the nations annual summer games. As a soldier and an officer in Weisshaupt's armed forces, he will do his utmost to defend the realm from her enemies.

(Vami)
Name: (Herr) Baron Gerhard von Greifburg
Faction: Mådplatz
Background: Gerhard von Greifburg is a minor baron in the court of Mådplatz and the ruler of the largest castle and largest township on the fringes of Mådplatz, Greifburg: a mighty castle town resembling Carcassonne north and slightly west of Crusader's Kessel. Named after the coat of arms of the Greifburg family, a Gryphon bearing a halberd and a greatshield.
Gerhard himself is an experienced soldier in the Army of Count Oktavius, having seen decades of battle while taking part in crusades, raids and attacks on enemy trade caravans, towns and cities, and in safeguarding the interests of Mådplatz. Gerhard is loyal to Mådplatz and takes pride in his familys motto: "Our people first, and the rest second."

(AnnoyedZebra)
Name: Konrad Von Kalinburg
Faction: Mådplatz
Background: A brilliant general and a vicious foe, Konrad grew up in the imposing Castle Kalinburg during the lengthy siege of its surrounding town he saw two of the Kastil's finest generals coordinate brilliant offensives and counter offensives. Today he acts as one of the top commanders in the army of Count Oktavius. His personal regiment has been known to continue fighting even when all seems lost. His sheer bloody-minded stubbornness has worn off on them for better or for worse.

Last edited by Noktu on Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:31 pm, edited 32 times in total.

lordintype
something different

Re: [RPG]: World of Kastil

Post by lordintype » Mon May 16, 2016 2:22 pm

Cool
That's Supersonic Spaghetti Warrior to you, sir.

The real Piltogg was the friends we made along the way.

bann154
bann is the mann

Post by bann154 » Mon May 16, 2016 2:37 pm

My intent is to search the town of Ostlen for quests or dungeon leads and if i find nothing start the journey to Gniezk.
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Mon May 16, 2016 3:05 pm

Sweet! can't wait for my character!

edit: Is the dragon symbol the freemen or something?

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Mon May 16, 2016 3:51 pm

Larce is traveling south from Mistwood, trying to put as much distance between him and the Nokheim Kingdom. He is currently in the town of Alpwint where he is staying in the cellar of a local inn owned by someone he did a job for. He is currently at the local tavern asking the bar keep about anyone who may need a job done for coin or other valuable trinkets. He asks about any rumors pertaining to the Dark Ruins & Fallworth Ruins to the East or Marblemoor to the South, trying to figure out where to go next.
Last edited by RedRover on Mon May 16, 2016 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Mon May 16, 2016 4:17 pm

Wojtas will travel to Gniezk, in order to recruit more men for his journey. He might also ask some locals about any possible tasks, quests and the current situation around here.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

lordintype
something different

Post by lordintype » Mon May 16, 2016 11:41 pm

Karthil is searching for a job in Marblemoor, and will travel onward to Kraskyw if no jobs present themselves.

Noktu
Officer

Post by Noktu » Tue May 17, 2016 8:12 am

Day 1 in the World of Kastil (to be updated)

Nathan

Nathan stumbled across a busy street in Ostlea. Deciding it's indeed a time for a drink. As he bought a bottle of freshly brewed local mead to quench his thirst, the fair maiden serving the cold drinks suddenly asked.

"Excuse me sir, where might you be heading once you've finished your business here in Ostlea? - Maiden

After hearing that Nathan would ride towards Gniezk, she uttered.

"Would you please deliver this letter to my brother, he lives near the outskirts of Gniezk, before the borders of Free Men. A pig farm, you can't miss it!"

And so did Nathan accept his very first quest, and started heading towards Gniezk!

Hours later...

It started to get misty in the evening as Nathan located the pig farm in midst of woods, it would be just few hours after delivering the letter that he'd arrive in Gniezk.

As he climbed down from the saddle of his trusty steed, Carlos. He was greeted by a peasant, apparently the owner of the farm.

"Greetings sire, how may I be of service? It's a welcome change that a friendly face shows up down here!" - Peasant

Nathan assumed that this peasant was the barmaids brother, and told the man that he was sent here by his sister for a delivery.

"Oh right! My broth... My sister keeps sending me interesting items indeed! What've you got for me this time? - Peasant

Nathan notices that the man hesitates as he replies, observing that the farm is having an overgrowth issue, it has not been tended for a while. There is also alarmingly low amount of pigs on such a large estate.

"I'd gladly invite you for a tankard! But you see sire, I just lost my keys while tending to the pigs." - Peasant

Thinking the whole affair is turning a bit suspicious, Nathan decides to test the man. If he knows what colour his sisters eyes are, just to confirm he's the right man to hand the letter to.

"Okay you got me there sir, I'm not the owner of the farm, I admit it. But let me assure you, there is no foul play here! I found this place abandoned and decided that I could start a new life here. My home was destroyed by the ill tempered Mådplatzians, I used to live north from Syndvale. They call me Johan by the way." - Johan

Sensing honesty in the mans voice, Nathan inquires Johan if he has any clue what had happened here.

"I got here yesterday, pretty much passed out in the bushes behind me as I struggled to get the door open." - Johan

Nathan suggests that they break in together to investigate further. The door seems to be rather sturdy, but the lock is rusty and old.

"Lead the way sir!" - Johan

They wonder what'd be the best way to break the lock, looking around for a suitable objects to use. Both eyeing each other, then a pig, then each other again, pig it is!
As they start rushing towards the door carrying a pig as a battering ram, the vines and roots suddenly crawl back from the door. And the door slams open just before they're about to hit it, both stumbling on the doorstep and tripping inside the house.
There Nathan and Johan see an old man in rags, when Johan yells.

"A DRUID!" - Johan

"Well, well, what have we got here? You could've just knocked!" - Old Druid

Nathan asks if the Druid would be the one owning the farm.

"Yes, and I assume you have something for Jack, from my daughter? Her brother left to Syndvale to buy some herbs, he wont be back for a day or two. So please leave the letter on the table. You Nathan, are welcome to stay for the night. And for you Johan the Refugee, I might have use as a farmhand, if you accept." - Old Druid

"Gladly sir druid!"

"Almost forgot! You may call me Penthil, now eat and rest. It's getting late."

Feeling relieved Nathan thanks the druid for his hospitality, and decides to stay at the Druids farm for the night. He'll ride to Gniezk first thing in the morning.

Larce Deholm

As Deholm interrogated the dwarven barkeep regarding Marblemoor, Drak- and Fallworth Ruins. The dwarf was happy to share his knowledge from these locations.

- Marblemoor is a small town, stop for merchants and mercenaries alike traveling from Syndvale to Westerhall. Lately, it's rumoured that strange murders have taken place. And the city watch unable to resolve the matter.

- Drak Ruins is currently contested territory, "claimed" by the Thieves Syndicate. A former Fortress like city lies now in ruins, for the Civil War that ripped the eastern continent apart. Luring grave robbers and adventurers to either join the ranks of the ever growing Syndicate, or to take part in plunder of the riches that might yet be uncovered.

- Fallworth too has fallen in ruin due the Civil War, now playing as the "no mans land" between Nokheim and Weisshaupt.

"Ey mister, before ye take yer leave. Be sure ta poke the man carryin that fancy white cape. He was lookin fer an errand boy! He he" - Dwarven Barkeep

Larce bid farewell to the helpful dwarf, but before he did. He just had to try out the Alpwint Cider, which he had heard even the bards write songs about. Despite being stationed "close" by, he had never the honour to taste such a prestigious drink!

[Item Acquired:] [Alpwint Cider]

He then proceeded to have a talk with the man dressed in white. As he came by their table, Larce was greeted by a Knight carrying the sigil of Bear Islands. Two dwarves, being tipsy and enjoying a conversation in dwarvish language with each other.
Out of nowhere you challenge the knight to an arm wrestling competition! And state that if he wins, the knight will join Deholms service, and if he loses he'll do any task free of charge for the knight.

The knight obviously perplexed at the sudden turn of events, politely addresses Larce.

"Excuse me, I'm indeed looking for an adventure and have few tasks given to me by my lord. But I seek no fight gentleman, may I offer you a mead in compensation? I'm Peter "Lord British" Cennol, Knight serving in the personal guard of Lord Protector Aldrick Grizzlymane. I've been sent here on the mainland to adventure in his name and bring prestige to our lord."

Deholm intrigued by the knights short introduction, proceeds to ask if Knight Cennol would like to tag along with Larce to the Drak Ruins, in order to survey the area and possibly make some coin.

"Gladly, I've got a horse and an empty carriage. To carry all the loot we might find, I'm short of coin aswell. Let there be riches on our way!" - Peter Cennol

It starts to get late, so therefore Larce and his newly acquired friend decide to stay in the inn for the night. Deholm opens a map so that he and Cennol may plan their journey further, that they're about to start tomorrow.

Wojtas

With due haste, Wojtas and his two best friends pack and start their journey towards Gniezk! What an adventure awaits!

- Jan known for his sparkly smile, but the way wenches talk, it has to be the golden tooth. He keeps saying it's the smile.

- They say not a single man is able to drink a dwarf under the table, well Zbigniew is a living proof that atleast a free man with a ginger beard is able to do so.

There are multiple roads to follow down to Gniezk. Jan and Zbigniew are nervously waiting Wojtas to point the direction.

- Path following the riverside, calm and quiet but slow to travel due to vegetation. A Shamans hut lies on the way.

- Crossing of the Free Men, a crossing that stands between all the Free Men cities - known to be safe and patrolled, occasional highwaymen attacks.

- Graveyard Hills, haunted route that lets you pass from Kraskyw to Gniezk in half the time it would normally take, high caution and holy water required.

"Wojtas, remember when we liberated Gniezk from that pesky elven uprising? I can never forget seeing elven tits for the first time! That was a good day..."

Passing the Crossing of the Free Men with haste, and still heading towards Gniezk, trying to avoid traveling in the night time.

Wojtas and his men decide to take a small break, Jan starts to build a campfire so they could enjoy a few cups of tea, before continuing their journey.

Soon Wojtas hears noise in the nearby woods and decides to have a look. There he sees an apparently lost Mådplatzian Caravan. He quickly calls his friends in to figure out what they should do. Zbigniew takes a count.

"There seems to be 4 soldiers, outnumbering us just by 1." - Zbigniew

"We propably should leave those Mådplatzians to their own devices." - Jan

Wojtas agrees, the bunch start packing up and quickly cover their tracks left by the campfire. Moving slowly back to the main road in order to not draw any unwanted attention, and continuing their journey towards Gniezk.

As they arrive to Gniezk, Wojtas orders Jan to restock some supplies. Especially tea! Zbigniew and Wojtas decide to hit the nearby tavern, to recruit more men, listen to the latest gossip and ask around for work.

While in the tavern, Wojtas is able to muster a Kraskywian adventurer called Wacław to join his ranks and take upon the colours. He is also able to eavesdrop that the sea between Gniezk and Tradewyn is currently plagued with pirates hindering the trade between the two cities. There has been Mådplatzian raids north from Syndvale, leaving villages deserted and plundered. Apparently those fanatics have somehow came this far south aswell, as Wojtas recalls seeing a Mådplatzian caravan on your way to Gniezk admist the woods.

As a local tradesman notices Wojtas and his band, he proceeds to ask if they'd be willing to rescue a barrel of an expensive wine that was lost. He'd be willing to part with a purse of silver, if the wine was to be returned unharmed. Last time the tradesman saw the barrel, was in the Blacksmiths District in Gniezk.

Wojtas agrees on the tradesmans plea, and tells Jan, Zbigniew and Wacław to have rest of the day off. They'll start hunting for the barrel at dawn!

Karthil Q'tani

Karthil has been staying in Marblemoor for a couple of days, to let his crew rest and perhaps acquire a few new contracts. He decides to set out in the town at dusk, heading towards the traders sanctum which resides in the heart of the town.
When he starts to close in with his destination, he hears a lot of noise from an alley close by, being a fearless warrior he decides to investigate. Arriving at the obscure scene, he observes his surroundings, taking note of -

- There are two of Q'tanis warriors taking care of one of their horses, apparently making their leave until they see their leader.
- Angry Mob shouting and yelling "Hang the Murderer!"
- Marblemoor City Watch arranging said hanging of a troubled looking male elf.
- Nokheimer noble and his guardsman attending.
- Shadowy looking figures in one of the corners of the alley.

Karthil shakes his head and tries to catch his brethren for a short chat, before he's interrupted by an intimidating Commander of the Watch.

"State your business here foreigner!" - City Watch Commander

Briefly confused, Karthil asks the commander how come he's suddenly required to state his bussiness. As he has already been in the town for several days. Commander explains that the town has been plagues with a serial killings of late, and that the City Watch is in constant state of alert.

Karthil explains that he's restocking with his mercenary group, and states that he's looking for work for his group. Q'tani also inquires what evidence points at the elf, proposing the Commander that he'd be interested to look into the case further.

"Haha, how come you care for an elf. I'm sure if we set an example the killings will stop, he was caught stealing apples from the Mayors garden! Sentenced to hang, as always to the petty sub-humans!" - City Watch Commander

"Aye sire, we better get rid of them elves! They are just as wicked as orcs!" - City Watch Guard

Q'tani horrified by the ruthless city watch and their xenophobic views, offers his help to catch the killer and look into the case further. Telling the commander that they're the famous Q'tani Mercenaries. The Commander loosening his tight beanie, tells Karthil to visit the mayors office to cement the deal on catching the killer.

Karthil demands the City Watch Commander to see reason, and let the poor elf free. And is ready to compensate the stolen apples, and hands a few gold coins to the Commander.

"Mhmm, very well. Release the thiefling! And you foreigner, better take that filthy elf slave of yours and get away from my sight." - City Watch Commander

Learning how corrupt the City Watch was, as the Commander was quick to switch sides as Karthil handed him the gold.

"Thank you! I pledge my life to you, great mercenary leader, take me with you! I'll make a great bowman. Oh sorry, Silas Grassleaf at your service!" - Silas

You decide to pursue those shady looking fellows you saw earlier smirking in the dark corner of the street, but unfortunately they are nowhere to be found. You decide it's starting to get late, and take your newly acquired friend with you to the inn.
Last edited by Noktu on Wed May 25, 2016 2:07 pm, edited 26 times in total.

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Tue May 17, 2016 11:16 am

I will persuade the dwarven barkeep to give me that potion or ale (whatever it is). If successful, I will put it in my inventory and then go and talk to the man in the white cape.

bann154
bann is the mann

Post by bann154 » Tue May 17, 2016 11:21 am

Alright i shall take the letter and stop at the farmers on my way into Gniezk.

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Tue May 17, 2016 11:56 am

Go through the Crossing of the Free Men and beat down every incoming bandit.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

lordintype
something different

Post by lordintype » Tue May 17, 2016 11:13 pm

State that I am simply searching for work, and ask him what the Elf has done, and what evidence points towards him. If I inadvertently cause trouble, I'll summon the warriors to come and assist me. Also, if the hanging seems unjust through lack of evidence, possible framing or bribery etc., ask the commander if I can research the case further.

bann154
bann is the mann

Post by bann154 » Thu May 19, 2016 2:11 pm

Ask him a trivial question that i probably know about his sister

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Thu May 19, 2016 3:07 pm

challenge the bear guy to an arm wrestling match. if I win he joins my service. if I lose I will do a task for him for free.

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Thu May 19, 2016 4:34 pm

Larcce does not require any mead, but offers Peter "Lord British" Cennol the prestige of joining Larce on his personal quest. He does not divulge the details as he does not know if he can trust Peter yet, but he promises that he will bring great glory and prestige to his house. He elaborates of the great thieves guild in the ruins that they could go and take on for glory. If Peter decides to join, the two go towards the ruins. if Peter is not interested, Larce hands his a piece of parchment with a strange rune on it and says, "If you change your mind, use this." He then proceeds to venture off to Witchylen in search of someone who may know something about his arm.