EFFERUS ORIGINZ

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons

EFFERUS ORIGINZ

Post by Kommander Ken » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:56 pm

[[ The following takes place on planet New York, directly after The Last Battle of New York. ]]

Two Immortal soldiers hurry down the decimated streets, carrying with them a prize worth way more than both of their lives combined. They race down the broken streets, passing by wreckage that used to be warmachines from the Brootalz, Immortals and Luchardsko alike. The boulevards are mostly quiet now, since most of the fighting had moved on deeper into the city.

Only a few Brootal scavengers remain, most of which haven’t noticed the Immortals sprint past them.

The few Brootalz that did try to stop the Immortals were dismissively blown away by few short rifle bursts.

“C’mon, evac should be at the end of the next block,” panted the lead soldier, hugging his rifle closely to his chest. The other Immortal carried with him the head of a Warhead shard, a handle fastened to the top of his cranium for reasons beyond both their salaries. They had found the warhead shard barely conscious lying in a pool of thick, green brootal blood moments ago.

“Hey this thing doesn’t look too good,” the shard-holder said urgently, looking from the shard to his leading companion.
“Huh? What are you talking about?” said the other, craning his head to peer behind only briefly.

“I mean, this warhead shard is turning green, man. They… don’t normally do that do they?”

KAAAAAABROOOTALBOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!

The explosion where a two story house used to stand probably shook the earth for blocks as the two soldiers spun around on their heel to face the horror behind the shrapnel.
"Fuck!"
"Shit!"

The dust settles to reveal a giant brootal holding a shield that was probably ripped from the hull of a battleship,, probably the biggest Brootal ever recorded by Immortal military intelligence.

The beast stood taller than two spider tanks standing on each other, with armor nearly as thick as a capital ship’s. In one hand he grasped the shield, and in the other he gripped a mace probably two stories high. He was a damn monster.

The two Immortals recognized him as the battlebawss that was charged with leading the brootal invasion of the planet. He barely spoke, so military intelligence simply tagged him as ‘Efferus’. Such a name could fit any brootal warlord, but Efferus being the biggest brootal they’d encountered so far, he was no doubt Grimjaw Gitgrabba’s successor by his sheer size and ‘bootality’ alone.

The two soldiers exchanged glances, then wordlessly high-tailed it down the street.

Efferus howled and stomped his feet when he realized the Immortal soldiers were trying to escape. It was without a doubt that the commotion would only draw in more brootalz, as they would never be too far away from their leader.

Just at the end of the block, an Emperor-class Immortal dropship appeared into view as it hovered just above street level. Inside the troop bay stands Terrorkhan Lieutenant Th0rn, gripping his rifle tightly as he surveyed the scene below.
"Arm those rockets, gunner. We're gonna need all of them for that big fucker."
"Yessir."

[[ End Part 1 of 3 ]]

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Re: EFFERUS ORIGINZ

Post by ninja_bait » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:53 am

Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:56 pm
[[ End Part 1 of 3 ]]
:omnom:
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

Kommander Ken

Post by Kommander Ken » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:34 am

The Immortal regulars quickened their pace toward the welcoming sight of the dropship. "C'mon, we're almost there!"

But the Brootalz began to appear from the woodwork and gleefully fired upon the survivors.

Ending the shard-carrier's life in a hail of bullets.

They hooted and hollered in delight as the soldier collapsed in a pool of his own blood, the shard clattering to the ground nearby.

The lead regular either didn't notice his comrade going down, or was too focused on his salvation to care. But the Terrorkhan Liutenant wasn't having any of that.

"Hey! What gives?!" The soldier yelled as the dropship floated further away, as if to keep the regular from boarding.

“Get your ass back there and grab that shard, soldier!” Th0rn yelled back, "or so help me I'll shoot you myself!"

The scene behind the soldier made Th0rn trail off in sudden astonishment. "Oh, shit."

A hand the size of a minifig gingerly scooped the warhead shard from the pavement, the eerie glow emitting from around the skull serving as a significant distraction.

As the immortals watched in horror, Efferus’ clawed hand grasped around the shard with a tender curiosity about the hulking beast.

He held it up to better examine it in the light, as arches of pure green transparent energy danced down his wrist and started up his arm.

Meanwhile the Emperor-class dropship's cannons hummed to life. "Sir, whats it doing? Should we shoot it?"
Th0rn leaned out the troopbay and scrutinized the scene. "Well he's certainly a big enough target ain't he? The shard'll be fine, so fire all-"

"-Wait hold your fire. What the hell is going on?"
A radioactive surge began to envelop Efferus, who gritted his teeth in discomfort.

Efferus and the warhead shard exploded in a vibrant flash of bright green. Th0rn nearly dropped his rifle in surprise as he watched, an expression of sheer shock under his faceless helmet. Neither him nor the dropship had even begun to open fire. Whatever happened had to have been something the warhead shard had done. Maybe it was some defensive measure? Why was the explosion such a strange color?

Every atom, every molecule in Efferus’ body screamed as they were relentlessly torn apart. It was a pain that no brootal had probably ever known before, and he couldn’t tell if his roars of torment were his own or the warhead shard he clutched in his hand.

Bright green energy enveloped them both, holding them in a radioactive embrace that silhouetted the inevitable mutation. Soon the screams morphed from two voices into one, bones cracked in sickly sinewy fashion as limbs shifted back into place. Some armor plates popped out of place while others adapted the transformation and changed shape entirely.

Soon the radiation dissipated an altered figure now stood in its place. It stood on all fours, no doubt winded from the painful transformation that transpired, its great torso heaving in and out as its altered lungs took in the ashen air of the city. The warhead shard was nowhere be seen, but as the brootal warlord stood back up the surviving Immortals knew instantly what happened.

"Lord Warhead? Is that you? ...are you okay?"

Slowly, shakily, the giant stood back up on his feet. The gnarled, dull-eyed face of the a Brootal warlord had all but melted from the bone, leaving his skull completely exposed. Green flames roared to life at the top of its helm as dim green orbs flickered within otherwise empty eye sockets.

One of Efferus’ arms had been completely reformed into something more skeletal and somehow bulkier. The once grey armor plating had been blackened, though parts around the brootals’ hand still retained some of its original anatomy. Its claws were but sharpened bone, curling and uncurling into a boney fist as if to test the strength of the joints. Though much of the warlord retained his original form, the transformations were alarming enough to be able to tell: Warhead shard and Brootal warlord had become one.

Efferus examined himself, puzzled at the new sensations he had felt. “What… happened to me?”

“AYE LIKE EET!”

"Lord Warhead?" The soldier's voice was tiny and afraid. "Are you alright?"

"Yes," The Warhead shard gained control of Efferus, but only temporarily. He flexed his sinewy claws and glowered at the soldier beneath his feet.

"But I'm... we're.... not Warhead anymore."

'WE... ARR... EFFERUS!!!"

The abomination lifted its leg and crushed the immortal regular underfoot, turning the soldier into a red puddle that oozed out from beneath the monster's heel.

The nearby dropship’s engines roared to life as the pilot inside seemed to panic and lift off the city streets, Lieutenant Th0rn shakily activated his long-distance communication device. "This is Terrorkhan Lieutenant Th0rn! Get me Lord Warhead right fucking now!"

"It's about the missing shard on Planet New Yor-"

-CCRRRRAAAASSSHHHH!

FWWWOOOOSSSHHHH!!

"Lieutenant? Lieutenant?" A voice crackled over the device before going dead.

Efferus watched the dropship plummet to the ground before something came over him and he soon followed suit. Debris rained down onto the street as Efferus collasped, shoulders quivering with unfiltered rage. His head still burned with war and now every fiber of his being sceamed for it. But war in who’s name?

The Immortal Empire had barely held unto its borders during Ragnablok, though no one admitted it. Thus proving that even the mighty Immortal Legion can be defeated. But the Brootalz? The deaths that the greenskins suffer are countless yet they never falter, they always come back bigger and tougher. Every ‘loss’ suffered is only a speed bump to the ramshackle Brootal war machine. Their victory is inevitable. The Brootalz are eternal. The warhead shard in Efferus saw that now, and felt himself being consumed by the aspirations of an entire species.

"Now you understand...." Cooed a voice from behind him.

Efferus spun around and instinctively reached for his mace, but something stopped him. A force behind his understanding willed him to freeze in mid-step. The Brootal warhead craned his neck to peer in the direction of the voice, eyes flaring with rage and confusion.

The figure was tall, even taller than him. Something about its shape seemed strikingly feminine, in some twisted way. It was more a delicate mockery by the way plantlike vines had contorted and constricted around one another to procure the figure. Even the snakelike lower half was covered in creeping flora.

Her claws were elegant but sharp, and Efferus could make out appendages growing from her back that resembled tree branches. Her face was mostly obscured by what could only be assumed as hair, red eyes fixated on the warlord.

“What… are you?” Efferus finally managed to utter, though half of him already knew the answer.

“I,” cooed the voice again, “am the one who plants the seeds of war. The voice in the heads of trillions who oblige without question. And you…” The creature slithered toward him, the sound of rustling plant life growing closer and closer. “…You should not exist. You are an abomination. An atrocity even to my standards."

"You’re… perfect.”

The plant creature raised her hands so her palms were facing forward. She leaned in and exhaled slowly which caused a small cloud of leaves and pollen to disperse toward Efferus. Before he could interject, he felt his limbs getting heavier and he slowly succumbed to a deep, deep slumber.

"W-what...."

Amid the wreckage of his only way back home, Th0rn awoke from unconciousness.

Painfully he sat up and looked toward the streets, expecting the abomination to be standing there waiting.

But there was nothing.

[[ End Part 2 of 3 ]]
Last edited by Kommander Ken on Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:52 am

:ftw:
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

Bookwyrm
Champion
Champion

Post by Bookwyrm » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:56 am

Space Bunny
Cannon Fodder

Post by Space Bunny » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:12 am

:omnom:

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:00 am

Hell yeah :666:

Kommander Ken

Post by Kommander Ken » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:46 pm

Efferus awoke with a start, finding himself lying out in the middle of a vast field. He quickly stood upright, knowing full well that he wasn’t on planet New York anymore.

The hulking Brootal shard adjusted the back of his flaming helmet so it sat above his glowering eyes as he scrutinized his surroundings. The field extended as far as the eye could see, countless rows of cut grass.

“Welcome, Efferus,” came a soft voice. Efferus turned to see the same plant-lady slink toward him.

Efferus took a step backward, almost as if he expected her to render him unconscious again. Without allowing him any say in the matter, he felt his Brootal half take hold and Efferus sunk to one knee at the approaching creature.

“There will be no need for that,” she said with some amusement, “but thank you.”

“I still don’t know you… yet somehow… I do?” Efferus replied slowly, finding it difficult to speak.

The Lady’s snake-like lower half curled around itself as she lowered to his eye-level. “Only my most important children know my title,” she said tenderly. She gave him a smile that Efferus couldn’t tell was friendly or hungry. “And you may be my most important yet.”

Her next string of words was icy and deliberate, “I am the caretaker this garden of warfare, the Brootmother. The Brootalz wage war with but a subtle nudge from mum, whether they know it or not.”

Efferus stared at her. This plant-like woman was the single creature behind the Brootal invasion of the Nehellenium galaxy? Before the tiny ebb that was the Warhead shard could so much as utter a curse, his Brootal infatuation took hold. “Wut… you?” He wanted to say more, he wanted to curse and howl at the creature that dared to try to topple his empire, to take control of the brikverse that was rightfully his, but the Brootal influence was overwhelming.

“What did you expect?” The Brootmother asked, her voice lined with amusement. “The brootalz did not simply grow on their own. They had to be planted, coaxed from the earth to fight even the faintest trace of stagnation in the galaxy.”

“But what… da fuck are you?”

“You already asked me that.” She turned and flashed him a smile, “but I will satisfy your curiosity some more.”

The Brootmum turned away and admired the empty field around them. “I’m sure you know of BrikThulhu? Him and I are equals in more ways than one. But He… is a selfish creature. He manipulates minifigkind into fighting in His name and to destroy anything that is not. Myself however, I use my powers to keep the universe alive in a more… natural way."

"I provide a steady flow of renewable warriors who fight only for themselves and to test the mettle of the brikverse. Their numbers ebb and flow according to my will. It is a perfect system. Brikthulhu’s ways are… outdated at best.”

The Warhead shard in Efferus spoke out, “if you truly hold such a power, why not use it to conquer the brikverse in its entirety? Seeing how Ragnablok went, it would be so easy for the Brootalz."

“You answered your own question,” replied the Brootmother with some amusement. “It would be too easy, and it would be wrong.”

“Ha! Are you trying to take the moral high ground here?”

“Think about it. Conquering the brikverse would only guarantee stagnation, the very thing I am helping to fight against. If the universe finds itself in a stalemate or its factions are making treaties left and right, the solution is simple: Send a horde their way.”

“So the Brootalz are a means to an end,” The Warhead shard stated, understanding now. “And wut about me?"

“As far as I can tell,” the Brootmother began, “no one knows you exist. This makes you the perfect agent. An operative I may deploy when I need a job thoroughly and discreetly accomplished. I could even pry you of some fascinating Immortal information.”

“Since Ragnabok, the new battlebawss Da Kaptain has devised plans for a bigger and better fleet than ever before. He has quite an affinity for vehicles and ships, which is certainly something I approve of. There is, however, something that troubles me,” She paused and peered downward at him, and Efferus felt a sudden pang of fear before it quickly ebbed away.

“Some are quick to act against us.”

"Uh... who?"

“The Immortals, unsurprisingly.” The Brootmother smiled again and placed her hands on her hips. “Warhead has been hot on our heels since the Konvergence, even succeeding in destroying a few key encampments. I have a feeling he will be returning his gaze to “New Ork” soon as well.”

“New Ork?”

“Planet New York, like many more conquered planets, has been turned into a scrapworld where my children have been rebuilding fleets and war machines alike. These scrapworlds are imperative to us.”

"Aha! Ya want me ta go to New Ork an' smash anyone trynna blow up our ships, rite?"

“Oh, I know what you’re thinking, Efferus,” Brootmother said, “but your presence must yet remain unknown. It is already apparent that Warhead is well aware of his missing shard, so you must operate well out of his reach. Besides, New Ork is well-equipped to deal with any nosy Immortals.”

“So what am I ta do?” Efferus grunted. “If I can’t smash sum Immortalz, wut would ya haff of me?”

"You will be operating on Medivo. There you will both be of good use to me and also well out of Warhead’s awareness.

Efferus seemed to pause, “Medivo? What for?”

"There is…” the Brootmum seemed roll her eyes. “An ex-bawss there. You may remember him as Grimjaw. After Ragnablok, he was promptly exiled and sent to away to rot with the remnants of the Konvergence, but something I did not foresee had happened…”

“A Quantumsurfer came across him and instead of killing each other they joined sides. Now they have gone to Medivo for some reason.”

“Ya want them smashed?” Efferus asked hopefully.

“No, my dear. At least not yet. I need you to be my eyes and ears and you are to report Grimjaw’s doings to me on the daily. I would deal with him myself but I have further conflicts to pay attention to..."

[[ End Part 3 of 3 ]]