The Missing Piece

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons

The Missing Piece

Post by Kommander Ken » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:29 pm

Aboard the Immortal Destroyer-class cruiser The Imminence, Warhead shard Sigma trudges into the Naval Intelligence room.

Guards and crewmen alike stand at attention upon his arrival, to which Warhead ignores and stops directly in front of an apparatus built into the middle of the room. “So what was the reason for me being summoned here? We’re in the middle of eradicating the greenskins here.” Warhead growled, burning eyes snapping from minifig to minifig.

“Sir!” one of the crewmen stepped up to take one for the team. “We’ve just finished decrypting a message we received during Ragnablok.”

“What message?”

“It was recorded during the last battle on New York, but it’s still hard to make out completely. From what we’ve been able to piece together however, it’s extremely vital information sir."

“Play it.”
Last edited by Kommander Ken on Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Octoshark
Demi-God of BrikWars

Re: The Missing Piece

Post by Octoshark » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:02 pm

There's gonna be a sick hologram coming out of that thing, I just know it

Kommander Ken

Post by Kommander Ken » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:50 am

There is an audible click and a hologram projects up from the apparatus and flickers to life. The unmistakable figure of a Terrorkhan Lieutenant is seen speaking urgently into a device aboard a dropship.
“This is Terrorkhan Lieutenant Th0rn! Get me Lord Warhead right fucking now! It's about the missing shard on Planet New Yor-" The feed cuts and the hologram freezes as static overtakes the image.

“That’s it?” Warhead demanded, stepping toward the fading hologram as if expecting it to say more. “He mentioned something about a shard? What happened with it?”

"We still don't know my lord," stated the officer calmly. "Lieutenant Th0rn was tasked to pick up the Warhead shard that our troops discovered abandoned in the streets. We believe it was originally stolen by the Trattorians some years ago."

“Fucking Trattorians. Even in oblivion they remain to be a pain in my ass.” Warhead grumbled. He stared into the space that the hologram once inhabited, when suddenly he remembered something.

“Efferus….” Warhead muttered before turning to the officer, “wasn’t Bawss Efferus in charge of the raid on New York? What happened to that big bastard?”

“Dead as far as we know,” the crewman said, “that initial planet-splitting explosion killed millions. not even Efferus could have survived that, sir.”

“And yet the Brootalz are using it as a base of operations so Brikthulu knows what else could have survived. Bah! No matter." Warhead paces toward the edge of the room dismissively, new purpose burning in his eyes. "Looks like we’re going into the belly of the beast. Alert the troops onboard and keep the fleet on standby.”

“Sir? I can’t recommend a full-scale attack on a Brootal scrapworld such as ‘New Ork’."

"Intel has warned us of the sheer number of orbital guns they’ve installed, let alone the countless orkoids planetwide—”

"--Hrrrkkk!"
Warhead was on the officer in an instant. He wrapped a single hand around the minifig’s throat and effortlessly hoisted him into the air.

“Look here button-masher, I know you’re new so I’ll let you off easy."

"I’ve been doing this almost longer than I’ve been shaggin’ your mom and I sure as hell know what I’m doing in both regards.” He pauses to listen to the officer struggle to breathe before continuing, “I’m going to personally gather a small force of special operations to sneak onto the planet and learn all they can on the whereabouts of my missing shard."

"After that, regardless if we find the shard or not, I’m ordering the fleet to blow that fucking planet up for good. That sound like a plan to you?”

Warhead released the young officer and he practically collapsed to the floor while gasping for the sweet recycled air of the ship. “Y-y-yes my lord! …Forgive me, I was simply… reading the statistics, sir.”

“Statistics don’t mean shit to me, kid."

Because I am motherfucking Warhead!”

/end part 1 of 3
Last edited by Kommander Ken on Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

Shaggy
Hero

Post by Shaggy » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:54 am

He is, in fact, motherfucking warhead.

Space Bunny
Cannon Fodder

Post by Space Bunny » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:55 am

This be getting real good :omnom:

Kommander Ken

Post by Kommander Ken » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:14 pm

A small group of soldiers fitted in jet-black armor were gathered around a large communications relay within one of The Imminence’s hanger bays. While each and every one of them wore the same standard issue terrorkhan spec-ops armor, each of them all bore unique markings on their helmets and uniforms. Each of them seemed to specialize in something; There was a medical expert, a sniper, heavy weapons, demolitions, pyro, all overlooked by a single lieutenant. They exchanged a few words, most of them seemingly more interested in cleaning their weapons and checking their supplies.

“So,” one of them opened with, “anyone know why we’ve been gathered here like this? This many spec ops on one fire team’s a bit much, isn’t it?”

One of the others looked up from his crate of ammo and snorted, “last I heard this fleet was headed to New York for some reason.”

“You mean New Ork?” Another snidely remarked, “there must have been a miscommunication, that place is the biggest Brootal scrapworld to date. Those bastards have probably weaponized the entire planet by now. Let alone any ork fleets stationed nearby.”

“It was no miscommunication,” answered a familiar voice.

A holographic projection of Warhead shard Sigma as it flickered to life, overlooking the spec-ops squad. “New Ork is our next heading, but we’re not laying siege to the whole planet. Not yet.”

The terrorkhan exchanged inquiring glances. When no one said anything, Warhead continued:

“I decrypted a message sent to me during the peak of Ragnablok that contained troubling news. One of my shards was about to be extracted planetside when it and the troops I sent went MIA.” The warlord sighed and shook his head. “I need to know what happened, but destroying the planet and potentially losing the shard forever is too great a risk. That’s where you lot come in.”

“You lot are the best of the best. You’ve held your own against impossible odds and have survived multiple operations against the Brootalz alone."

"And to top it off, through all of your experiences you’ve learned how to fight them... and win!”
The operatives remained silent, though a few of them seemed to grip their weaponry in anticipation.

“So now here is your mission: You’re going to sneak past the Brootalz orbital defenses and infiltrate the planet. We have been able to pinpoint the location Lieutenant Th0rn’s message was sent, so you will start your search there. Make a perimeter, maybe even beat the information out of any nearby greenskins."

"Do whatever it takes to find the shard, or at least a better idea of what happened to it. Are there any questions?"

“Sir, how are we going to infiltrate the planet?” One of the soldiers spoke up. A few more nodded as he seemed to voice many of their questions. “They’ve got eyes all over the atmosphere. We’d be blown up before we even get within orbit.”

“I’m glad you asked,” Warhead smirked and the holographic image suddenly went dead.

/to be continued

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Post by sahasrahla » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:52 pm

that's not ominous at all

Kommander Ken

Post by Kommander Ken » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:24 pm

An umcomfortable silence hangs in the air over the operatives. Then the hanger bay window's shield seems to shimmer as something large approaches.

Were they not in space, the unmistakably loud engine turbines of a Brootal BAWKS would have permeated the hanger as it loomed by them. The squad collectively dropped what they were doing to watch the massive gunship in horror. How the thing was able to get so close to The Imminence without being blasted back to scrap was anyone's guess, likely due to Brootal trickery.

It seemed to drift aimlessly past and would've looked like it wasn't being operated at all were it not for the fiery exhaust. What were the damned orks up to?

Then, with absolutely no resistance whatsoever, the Big Arse War Karrier Ship began to go straight through the hanger door's shielding.

The spec-ops troopers didn't have time to ponder such a ludicrious situation. The lot of them scrambled from their positions, most of them cursing under their breath. But they weren't completely defenseless against the floating hunk of armor and guns.

"Cover me!" The lieutenant yelled, barreling past everyone, "I'm goin' for that walker!"

Kommander Ken

Post by Kommander Ken » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:11 am

The lieutenant sprinted across the wide open space in the hanger, heedless of the looming shape of the Brootal gunship headed straight for their position.

Their solution to this problem: A Dreadframe Strider.

The BAWKS continued on its merry way toward the terrorkhan, and though its impressive weapon array had full view of them, it never fired a single shot. What were the Brootalz waiting for?

“What the hell is it waiting for?” One of the troopers yelled over the roar of the engines.

“Maybe it didn’t see us? But how in the fuck did it get past our shields?!” The medic hollered back.

"Forget this. Out of the way!" Growled the pyro as he pushed the medic aside.

Whether from bravery or desperation, he took cover behind a crate, directly in front of the floating gunship. If the BAWKS was planning on unloading a small horde of orks, they wouldn't be setting foot in the hanger for long.

There was a sudden exacerbated burst of air from the gunship’s intercom that sounded like an exasperated sigh, followed by:

“At ease, you silly fools! There ain't no Brootalz on this ship.”

The lieutenant had almost reached her objective by the time the familar voice crackled over the inner-com. She turned on her heel toward the gunship, tightening her grip on her rifle. "Lord Warhead?"

Without so much as a warning the entire ship dropped to the floor of the hanger with a teeth-jarring *THUD*.

"OOFFUCK."

The BAWKS sat in silence for a moment until the front hatch popped ajar, pressurized air jetted from the crevices.

"Whats up chucklefucks? Maaaan, you should've seen the looks on your faces."

"This. THIS is how you lot will be getting to New "Ork.'"

"Sure, we're working out a few kinks (heheh), but this is the best way I could think of."

"So step right up, don't be shy! Bahahaha, seriously though. The way you guys reacted was too good. I should be the host on one of those fuckin' prank shows or something!"

/end part 2 of 3

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:26 am

:troll: gottem
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

Bolicob12
Officer

Post by Bolicob12 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:04 am

:troll: gottem