Radiating New Power

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

Space Bunny
Cannon Fodder

Radiating New Power

Post by Space Bunny » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:03 pm

'The great city has fallen. Within the destruction, the ever-decaying city, the Champions have arrived. Recruitment is at a high; citizens are taking arms, and we have taken the back bone of our people's morality.

'The forces are collecting outside the city wall. All in our way shall give up; The power that we wield is overwhelming to all in its paths, and the lights of destruction is ready.

'The great OT orb speaks of new power to seek within the rest of the universe; The fire will begin - the great brikverse has yet to see our power!

'But we have been cut short. The parcel seems to have gone missing in transport. Damnit octan! I knew we should've used a more reliable company for such high class materials. Where even is it now?'

Minaglacia troop: Hey boss! It seems there's something over here too. This SHIP sure did have quite a lot held within it.

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons

Re: Radiating New Power

Post by Kommander Ken » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:13 pm

:omnom:

Space Bunny
Cannon Fodder

Radiating New Power - Part 2

Post by Space Bunny » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:34 am

After the recent attack from several factions, Minaglacia has secured the station. Troops search the wreckages for any information of what was happening here, and have found an unsuspecting traitor, Kevin

Giles: You're a humiliation to Minaglacia, Kevin. You were supposed to support us, you were one of the top ranking people, yet you have betrayed us for... what exactly?
Kevin: Betrayal? I only left to go on my own side quest; this obviously has gotten out of control. I ask to be forgiven for what has-
Giles: Forgiven? You destroyed two of our interceptors in cold blood! This is ridiculous. Troops, take him to his cell
Kevin: Hold on, what about the others? Are they forgiven-

In pure anger, Giles knocks Kevin down.

Giles: You idiot, of course they are not forgiven. They've been detained on my capital ship, and I will do what I see fit. This would've never happened if you weren't such an idiot. You've risked several lives in the pursuit of your curiosity. Troops, bring me the next prisoner

Off in the distance, a bounty hunter begins his descent upon the station

Bill, The Brootal Bounty Hunter: WAAGHH THEEZ DUMEEZ DOENT SEE WATZ COM- *cough cough* These fools don't see what's coming! 30 seconds before arrival, WAAAGHH!

Giles: State your name
Rigbee: It's... it's uh Rigbee sir
Giles: Rigbee, tell me why you were in the bridge of the 'Wreckage' when it had crashed into this station, destroying the beloved 'Kestrel'?
Rigbee: It's... it's all because of the crate sir! It wouldn't have happened if that wasn't there.
Giles: The crate? What exactly is in it?
Rigbee: I don't know sir. It seemed... powerful. I haven't looked though
Giles: Troops, take Rigbee to my ship; I'd like to talk to him some more in a safer -

Out of the mist of space, Bill the Brootal Bounty Hunter appears! Firing his heavy weapon, all the troops are knocked down, as well as Giles

Bill: BROOOTALZZZ - *cough* Uh, Brootalz, I hate them! Just as I hate you guys!

Bill: Now which one of you is Rigbee? And don't worry, I'm definitely not a brootal, I only hunt brootalz.
Rigbee: Umm... I'm Rigbee?
Kevin: And I'm Kevin. What're you doing here?
Bill: I'm looking for my bounty, Rigbee. Now, follow me Rigbee, we don't have much time to spare

Kevin: Wait a minute, what about me? Are you not gonna help me? I'll give you anything!
Bill: Hmm... you drive a hard bargain my friend, but your argument is quite convincing! I'll take you, but you do owe me something.
Kevin: Oh, that was easier than expected. How are you gonna get off of here?

Bill: The same way I got on! Now get on!

Giles: Get the crate immediately. The pilot told me that its contents are overpowering.
Troop: What about Kevin? Are we going to look for him?
Giles: Of course we are, but not for him, the pilot is far more important now. Send out all of the north fleet to look for them, there's not time to waste

Kommander Ken

Post by Kommander Ken » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:03 am

BROOOOOTAAAAALLZ!!- Oh wait, nevemind? I think.
:mystery:

Also that SHIP looks amazing.

Space Bunny
Cannon Fodder

Radiating New Power - Part 3

Post by Space Bunny » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:54 pm

After the battle in the skies, GGE scouts scouted out the surface for any more information of what happened, as the current records are short or missing. Professor Herson was found in a hanger bay before being left by his crew to wait for the fight to wage on

GGE Marine: Captain, here's the prisoner, Professor Herson. We've also been unable to locate the remains of any soldier, but the search for San Holo continues gradually.
Captain Eye-scar: This'll do for now, but continue with that search; it is vital that we find him. Now, Herson, I've heard that you were part of Minaglacia, if I'm not mistaken?
Professor Herson: I'd like to say I am, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was classed as a traitor now
Captain Eye-scar: Well, depending on whether your still in or not, we need you to do something for us

Eye-scar: We need data from the Minaglacian database; Get anything you can.
Herson: I don't know if your plan is perfect, let alone good. What do I get out of it?
Eye-scar: We'll supply you a rank in the Grand Galactic Army.
Herson: I'll have to think about-

A shake erupts across the ship.

Speakers: ALL CREW SHOULD BEGIN EVACUATION. MISSILE AS FIRED UPON THE BRIDGE
Eye-scar: Shit, who is it, pirates?

Speakers: WE'RE DETECTING MORE MISSILES INBOUND ON THE DECK
Eye-scar: Fuck.

The skies litter with explosions. The transport is obliterated.

Priest of Destruction: You're not who we were hoping to get out of that hit and run, but you will do. Who may you be?
Herson: Professor Herson of Minaglacia's scientific department.
Priest: I see. So I suppose you can help us with weaponry? Or maybe even better; Explosive portals? Planet devouring fireworks?
Herson: I'm a theoretical scientist
Priest: Debatable; you seem to be here in person, yet you say you're theoretical?
Herson: Well, that's not really what I mean-

Priest: So, you're up for making us a weapon of unimaginable caliber? Fantastic!
Herson: Hold on, I don't even know who you guys are?
Priest: The Champions of Ignition of course! We strive to decimate everything in a spectacular fashion in the name of the Transparent Gods!
Herson: And?

Priest: You may have seen those explosions that we released upon your ship, and may have told yourself 'those are some cliché explosions' and to that, I agree! We lack the current man power to create a weapon that will blow things up wonderfully in space; All of our 'scientists' have died because of their own creations. A true tragedy. We need you to take their place and finish their work. Is this doable?
Herson: Perhaps... I could use a particle accelerator, and then...

Priest: I suppose you're in then, correct? We'll prepare a lab for your testing. Onwards!

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:14 pm

Ah yes, kidnapping scientists. This is high on the GGE's list of priorities :rtfm:

Also next time: the return of Captain Two-Eye-Scar
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

Space Bunny
Cannon Fodder

Radiating New Power - Part 4

Post by Space Bunny » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:43 pm

The attack upon the GGE transport leaves Captain Eye-scar dazed, but only makes him more determined. In pursuit to prove himself, he proposes his idea to higher-ups...

Captain Eye-scar: It's a simple hit and run; I just need your squadron to help me get onto that ship, and then I'll do the rest.
???: What exactly are you trying to get?
Eye-scar: We need some data upon that target that we were trying to get from that octan station!
???: Hmm... and what is this?
Eye-scar: Well that's what we're trying to find out. Our patrol pilot located an unordinary amount of energy coming from the area, and it looks like whatever it was has been caught by those newbies called 'Minaglacia'.

???: How are you going to get the data now without that scientist? Are you planning to do it yourself?
Eye-scar: Is there anything wrong with doing it myself?
???: Aren't you meant to be smart or something? Are you dumb enough to try and get this yourself? You? A weak lil admiral?
Eye-scar: You flatter me, Warhead.

Warhead: Now that I think about it, if you were to die in this (which is very likely), wouldn't that mean I wouldn't have to have you ever bother me again?
Eye-scar: Well, yes. But-
Warhead: Excellent! Follow me, I have something to show you.

Eye-scar: What is this?
Warhead: It's incomplete, but it's a state of the art ship: It's practically going to be a huge gun with a pilot strapped inside!
Eye-scar: That seems quite immoral
Warhead: Ossum doesn't stop for morals.

ninja_bait

Re: Radiating New Power - Part 4

Post by ninja_bait » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:20 am

Space Bunny wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:43 pm
Ossum doesn't stop for morals.
A solid rank candidate

Space Bunny
Cannon Fodder

Radiating New Power - Part 5

Post by Space Bunny » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:17 pm

Proceeding A battle for Minaglacian information, Warhead was captured by the mysterious Champions of Ignition after seeing some of his powers demonstrated...

Priest: It seems it is the end of the road for you Warhead
Warhead: Uh, who are you guys?
Priest: We are the infamous Champions of Ignition, the disciples of the Explosion God
Warhead: And what am I here about?
Priest: You, Warhead, accidentally made us have actual meaning within this plot line instead of a side faction as your foolish actions allowed us to capture you, which was not at all what we expected. But now we have you, we have plans. After seeing your feat of power of capturing the pure energy of OT, we have plans.
Warhead: Huh? You mean that failed feat I did to try and catch the effects?
Priest: To you it may seem like a failure, but to us it is telling us that you are a chosen one by the Explosion God
Warhead: What're you on about? Explosions are just meant to be a cool thing that happens on the side of a battle, not an actual religion.
Priest: I can explain, just follow me

The priest leads warhead towards a main hall, with a crater in the middle holding an OT orb in its middle
Priest: This is our connection to the God; A pure orb of explosions, condensed into a single point. All of us are somehow connected to the Explosion God as it is the true underpinning power within the brikverse e.g. in awesome movies, are there usually cool blood scenes or cool explosion scenes? Of course it's the latter, because it's cooler.
Warhead: Sounds cool, but kinda dumb
Priest: It won't be dumb once we control all of the transparent colours! This pure orb has spoken to us about theories of incoming transparent powers, and you can't stop us.

Warhead: I respect your enthusiasm, but there are no milfs in this plan so I'm gonna have to pass.
Priest: There is no leaving right now warhead! After seeing that power bending effect that you have, you will be of great need to get us to our path of victory
Warhead: I'd love to stay, but soon enough that dumb admiral guy is gonna send some people to help me

Admiral Eye-scar-arm-missing: Send warhead some people to help him, and I shall go to an actual Minaglacia base this time to get the needed information.
Medik: I'd advise you to wait sir; you are in a seriously bad condition.
Admiral Eye-scar-arm-missing: Did my eye scar ever stop me? No, and nor will my missing arm

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:37 pm

An orb of explosions, it's like an anti-black hole... Is the future of the color war the antikonvergence?

Space Bunny
Cannon Fodder

Radiating New Power - Part 6

Post by Space Bunny » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:57 am

The streets run with chaos; a once five man squad of bleak company troops s now at the mercy of gangs, with only two left: Dylann and Dan.

Dylann: Just ten more, we can do this!
Dan: Jesus christ this is awful; where's the fun in shooting endless grunts?
Dylann: No one ever said it would be fun, it's just what we gotta do to keep our clothes.
Dan: Maybe I'll just give them my clothes if it'll make this stop

Dylann: I know you may not be in the greatest of moods, but there's gotta be something that'll brighten your mood up?
Dan: Actual employme-
Dylann: Hold on, I've got just the idea; I think I saw a coffee and donut place around the corner somewhere
Dan: Really?
Dylann: Yeah!

After a while of walking, Dylann had once again let dan down. Sitting in a ramshackle cove in the city, they drink a worse coffee and donuts: Tea and scones.

Dylann: It's basically the same thing, right? They both have caffeine and some level of energy, right?
Dan: My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined. This city is the worst.
Dylann: What do you mean? It's got all the chaos that you could ever want!
Dan: Oh really? Show me todays newspaper.

Dylann takes a look at the paper; the headline is 'The greatest hero ever!', with an image of a man who has put a c.at in a tree.

Dan: Last time I checked, purposefully putting c.ats in trees is not the most exciting thing
Dylann: Well, that depends on your perspective; to you it may just be putting c.ats in trees, but to me it's like having surprise drop down clawed-cretins that fall on you when you least expect it
Dan: But where's the fun in that? Why don't you just put bombs in trees that randomly explode people under them?

Before Dylann can respond, someone approaches the table, slamming their fist against the table.

???: You guys seem like mercenaries, follow me.
Dan: This sounds way funner than whatever we were doing before. Count me in

Dylann: Hold on Dan, you don't even know this person!
Dan: Your loss if you don't want to join in Dylann. Just get over here

Space Bunny
Cannon Fodder

Radiating New Power - Part 7

Post by Space Bunny » Fri May 07, 2021 11:36 am

Location: The Champion Gardens, located in the inside of a bustling city.
After being captured, warhead is lead by some thugs of the Champions to the gardens where his fate will be decided...

Warhead: I'm useless to you guys, just let me go. Immortal troops are already on their way here, and there's no point in you keeping me if you're just going to lose your troops.
Priest of Light, Isla: Do you not understand that if people come looking for you, we can just hide away in the city? This place is huge, and the likeliness of your pathetic troops finding you is minuscule

Warhead: Do you really think they won't? A couple of scouts would be able to find us in a matter of seconds; don't doubt immortals
Isla: I don't doubt your powers, but you overestimate them. By the time they catch up, we'll already have gotten what we want.
Warhead: You really want that stupid 'power' I have? You guys have gotta get over it-

Someone else enters; It's Professor Herson, a minaglacian scientist employed by the Champions for new weaponry

Herson: It's not easy to get over the power that you have; Whether it's real science or just coincidence, you are detrimental to future plans.

He walks in closer to warhead, and whispers to him:

Herson: If you have anyway of getting out of this, please get me out.

Dylann: Come on, let's just go back, this is pointless.
Dan: And drinking tea, eating scones, and reading the newspaper isn't? This is employment; it's what we live for
Dylann: But come on, we don't even know-

MILF o' 'Merica: Shush, someones over there!
Dylann: Huh?
MILF o' 'Merica: SHUSH!

Officer: Huh?

Officer: INTRUDERS! BOSS, GET WARHEAD OUT OF HERE!