The Drekeen Reborn

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

Gorvoslov
Officer

The Drekeen Reborn

Post by Gorvoslov » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:10 pm

Previously: https://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18380

"Let's go."

"Coast is clear, you're good to advance."

"Looks like we're not being followed. Good."

"Right, two approaches ahead. Our destination is one, and the other is where the bandits love to hang out. I'll go first."

"Looks clear. Let's hope it stays that way. I still think you're insane for wanting to come here."

"You're not being paid to think, you're being paid to deal with trouble if it shows up."

"This is a defensible enough spot, but a large force can break through."

"Stay there and watch my back while I do what I need to."

"This guy is insane, never even said why he needed to come here of all places. There's nothing here, just a spot that a whole bunch of people, orcs, and dragons died. Sort of place a necromancer would love."

"It's time."

"I, general Destin Tadaharu..."

"Declare the treaty.."

"Null..."

"And void."

*THWUNK*

"BANDITS! I HOPE WHATEVER YOU WANTED TO DO WAS WORTH IT!"

"Leave no survivors, just add them as some fresh materials to sell to our buyer."

"So you're the ones that have been desecrating whatever draconic remains they could find.."

"Well, I will have to make you pay for that."
"You're outnumbered! You're doomed!"

"Guh!"

"Let's even up the odds then."

"Ah yes, nice swing, and flip..."

"Thank you, needed that..."

"And stay down. Penalty for banditry is death, you knew what you'd signed up for."

"You know trying to hold a defensive position here is doomed to fail."
(Does he know?)

"I thought you'd be back a lot sooner than this, it's been what, 35 years?"
(Closer to 36 now...)

"I know why you came back here. I wasn't happy about what had to be done that day."
(What a lie. Of course he was happy, they had won.)

"But your emperor wasn't wrong, it was the only way to restore peace."
(Lies.)

(His back is turned, a chance to avenge Emperor Tiberius Auralnus!)

"You're a slow learner."

"I didn't come here to kill you, I came to talk."

"So put this thing away."

"I know you want to bring The Empire back. Don't. It's only doomed to fail."

"You just don't want a rival power."

"Burnt. Just like what I know you've done to Luminarian churches that were assisting with rebuilding in your lands after the war."

"They were occupiers. Sent to spy, to keep us down."

"This may surprise you, but they were actually there to help. The fact that people left the faith in worshipping dragons was completely unplanned. Seeing so many dragons killed at the end of the war broke your people's spirit. They sought out answers elsewhere, as is only natural."

"And you were only so happy to provide them, for everyone to abandon our ways. The Empire is coming back Roland, and you can't stop it. Even if it's not me, there are many looking to bring it back."

"I am well aware. You've got numerous breakaway factions. I know colony ships have been going out in large numbers to escape Lewean influence. How many of them have rebelled already? Do you even know how many breakaway factions there are? When's the last time you even saw a red or a black dragon around Dragon's Roost? I fear that if you bring back The Empire, it will only lead to war, and not just with the Leweans in a war to avenge supposed grievances from long before most of those who would die were even born. You'll be at war with yourselves over the throne."

"So you want us to stay your glorified vassals then? Using us for resources, and to die hunting down bandits in areas you refuse to police yourselves?"

"You might as well admit it that The Empire is coming back in some way or another, you cannot keep our people down for long. Prepare for war if it makes you feel better, but our goal is independance. If you try to crush us, we will fight back."

"I told you it was not the end."

"I told you we would survive."

"I told you The Empire would be back."

"And the Leweans will pay."

"This was the original treaty... He really is trying to start a war, the fool. I will have to make sure our army is ready. Shouldn't be to hard to find some orcs to put down to keep the troops sharp..."