Unsettling News

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

Joshua
Nice Dubs

Unsettling News

Post by Joshua » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:38 pm

War room of the Black Knights. The King and several of his generals are pouring over maps and letters.

Suddenly, the doors swing open with a bang as someone rushes in.

White King: "Ah! Sir John! What news do you bring?"

Sir John Lannister: "Very bad news I'm afraid."

White King: "Oh?"

Sir John: "Mi'lord, while on a routine patrol about a week ago me and my soldiers came across some men in the woods. They were wearing black cloaks and hoods. I ordered my men to stop so we could eavesdrop on their conversation. They were talking about a coming ambush and how the undead forces number in the thousands. We speedily returned to the outpost and I rode here as fast as I could."

White King: "What? I thought we destroyed the leadership of the undead at the Battle of the Twin Peaks. We killed every single one of them. How do they replenish their ranks so fast? Are you sure of this.?"

Sir John: "Indisputably, Mi'lord."

White King: "I trust you. We can never be too safe." (turning) "Have our border patrols doubled, and run patrols twice as often. I want our border secure!."

Knight: "Yes, Mi'lord! It shall be done!"

White King: "Excellent. Well John, return to the same area where you saw those men, and try to pick up any trail or clue to their location. We need all the information we can get."

Sir John: (bowing) "Yes sir!"

Continued here.
Last edited by Joshua on Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Remember, as a wise man once said: "Nihil Est Quod Videtur"

Food_Truk
I'm going to have to use normal children to test it before I can use babies

Re: Unsettling News

Post by Food_Truk » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:43 pm

Cool room design! Story's starting off nice, I get the feeling Sir John's either going to be an important character or instant zombie chow. :lol: