Death won´t be the end for you...

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

MadMario
Purism Prometheus
Purism Prometheus

Death won´t be the end for you...

Post by MadMario » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:49 pm

Previously

The shores of a forsaken island. It has been a long time since the last minifig had set foot on here. The surroundings are strewn with scrap and debris from bombed buildings. Only few stripes of land seem unharmed.

On the shores the sun is slowly setting. Its fading rays illuminate a lonely body lying there.
Then, suddenly, some footsteps approach...

Zared: "How did you know he´s here, Master Quantumsurfer?"

QS MadMario: "Part intuition, part research. A scientist of the CSA gave me the final clue."

"It was also her who gave me the 'Revivabooze'. She surely wouldn´t have if she knew for whom we´d use it..."

"Re...Revivabooze? What´s that?"

"Oh, it´s an experimental mixture the CSA is testing. It mainly consists of Blue Maniac Beer, Bakta and a substance called 'Plotarmorol'..."

"So its purpose is really to ...revive a long dead minifig? That´d be a huge scientific leap..."

"Indeed, Zared. Speaking of leaps, I don´t really know what happens when we use this, so we should keep a little distance..."

And shortly after QS MadMario has poured the liquid over the body, a strong light comes from within, accompanied by a deep humming sound. Soon, after the glowing and the sounds start to fade away slowly, a voice can be heard.

Ragn Valdr: "Wowee! What a wild dream!"

After the light has vanished, Ragn looks slowly around, visibly confused.
"...and you guys are? What makes you disturb an old man snoozin' at the beach?"

"Welcome back, Mr. Valdr. And I can assure you, we did not 'wake you up', for you were not 'sleeping'..."

"I am Zared. And this is Quantumsurfer MadMario. You´ve just been resurrected from death. You were killed by a CSA scientist called Ameeno Asyd nearly two years ago..."

"Ameeno... wait - that wasn´t a dream? You mean... oh..."

Suddenly, awareness strikes Ragn as he remembers all the events that slowly come back to his mind, and he realizes that everything was real. The Maniac Beer escapades, the encounters with the CSA, the destruction of Quantum Inc., Sleipnir and L-MO... - and then a final talk with Ameeno Asyd, resulting in her driving a bullet to his head.

"I know all that must be hard for you, but you´ll cope with it, trust me. Come, let´s walk a bit. Zared - you keep watch here."

"Yes, Master Quantumsurfer."

QS Madmario pulls a pipe out of a pocket and passes it to Ragn. They start to walk slowly closer to the shoreline.

"So, well. At least I now know how it feels to be back from the dead. And it´s not the worst hangover I had, I can tell you. But biggest question is: Why did you bring me back?"

"Straight to the point. No diversion. That´s the spirit I hoped to find. And this is the kind of conduct that we need right now."

"Ah, I see. Lookin' for a kind of guy who gives a damn. Expendable. Nothing to lose."

"Exactly the opposite is the case. If we needed expendables, we´d hire the IMA. What we need is someone who acts and thinks like you."

"You´re going to tell me that I´m back from the dead because you need a counselor? Not a very convincing story. Besides - who is 'we' at all?"

"What you need to know is this: When you initially stole the Maniac Beers, a whole series of events was set in motion that layed down a good course for the brikverse. Some factions were displeased, yes. Others praised the shenanigans going on. It was entertaining and upsetting at the same time. But most important: It was invigorating!"

"Good old Ragn, always good for a laugh, eh? So you´re not looking for a counselor but an entertainer?"

*sigh* "All I know is: The brikverse depends on people like you. It needs you! I´m not here to recruit you for a faction, or a belief - even if whateverism is whelming - , or the Greater Good or something. I just want you to strive the brikverse, doing what you like, that´s it."

"So no strings attached, heh? What´s the catch? There HAS to be a catch."

"No catch. No obligations. No liabilities. Just live your life and the kanon will do the rest."

QS MadMario and Zared slowly start to walk off, leaving Ragn at the shoreline.

"But if you ever need something, you´ll know how to find me."

Ragn stares out at the lowering sun. He has many things to think about. A new live. A fresh start. All these possibilities. The ruins of Quantum Inc. in his back, but the whole brikverse in front of him. And he slowly begins to think that all of this was exactly meant to be this way. Fate. Kanon. Whatever one may call it. And while taking a deep pull of his pipe, he remembers the voice that once whispered:

"Death won´t be the end for you."

...to be continued
Compendium of my works
ImageImageImage
More Badges
Show
ImageImageImageImage

TEORI
Officer

Re: Death won´t be the end for you...

Post by TEORI » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:54 pm

Spoiler