[BF20] [Anno] From A Place Of Love

BrikWars fiction in long-prose form. Trigger warning: Walls of text

Moderators: The Shadowscythe, Quantumsurfer

ComradeGreen
Hero of Anno
Hero of Anno

[BF20] [Anno] From A Place Of Love

Post by ComradeGreen » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:09 am

“So. New Initiates, we will be covering how exactly we will achieve our goals, summoning anime girls.”

The Seekers of Truth had managed, with great difficulty, to infiltrate a seminar by the Haremist Church. One of their highest ranking members, Wilissen, a member of the Seekers of Truth Council listens in, as the ‘High Priest of Kuudereism’ speaks
“Of course, our understanding of the Brikverse is essential to this, we should first realise that the core component of this reality is that of the ‘Dimension’. This reality is one coherent ‘chunk’ of cosmos that exists in a way that cannot interacct with other ‘Chunks’. Our beloved ‘Shinjis’ exist on other ‘Chunks’, How do we interact with these?”
There is a clear lack of discussion of ‘Ragnoblok’ here, something the Seekers have become aware of through their conflict with the Collectors of Ragnobloks End. The Cosmology of the Brikverse described here seems… outdated, at best. Although he himself is not fully aware of how the Brikverse functions in the wake of that event. Wilissin wonders if the actual practical work will still hold up, but judging by the Grand Matron, this summoning is still possible.

The solution is simple. We tear a hole in both chunks and drag the desired maiden through. Technically we should remember that there are infinite amounts of these realities, and therefore infinite versions of our glorious Shinjis. We can summon again, and again, and again, as much as we want! But the core question remains, How does one tear a hole? The answer is simple, a ritual. To tear this hole we need to generate sufficient magic energy to burrow through the space between our two realities, and thus create this tear. Usually we can use an artefact for this, luckily Legotavia has a lot of those. Another thing to keep in mind is that a place torn into once is much easier to tear into again, making ritual sites key territory for our Church.

Once the hole is torn and the Shinji retrieved, a new problem emerges. We’re kind of weird creepy people to them, They don't like us at first! For this, another very handy mechanic of physics comes in. Dimensions like to keep whatever they have in them, and other dimensions out. To this end, there is ‘Dimensional Displacement’, which is the way realities force foreign parasites out. This is usually good, it prevents all manner of abominations getting in, but it also prevents our beautiful girlfriends! Hence, we must find a ‘binding’ medium, Usually this involves a smaller ritual to bind the Shinji to a Haremist Mage, permanently securing them to this reality and securing them a reason to trust us.”
While this sounds an awful lot like ‘Blackmail’, Wilissen is not one to moralise, ethics are afterall only a deadweight on progress. Though he decides to speak up, the topic of the Prima Waif in particular interests him. “This binding medium, Is this why the latest ritual to summon the Prima Waif failed?”

“Yes. She already had a binding medium, We had no way of controlling her. We do not currently know what she is bound to, but it likely has something to do with her status as the Prima Waif.”
For once, Wilissen feels proud knowing that he knows more than these fools, obviously the Prima Waif is so powerful as a result of her relationship to the mysterious ‘Quantumsurfers’, clearly the ‘Great One’ worshipped in Legotavia, believed to be Quantumsurfer Green by the Grand Matron, Wilissen withholds this information from the Haremists. “Regardless, I will teach you Initiates the basics of our faith, the greatest ritual of all, the Tearing Ritual that allows us to access our faithful brides! Let our love come to fruition!”

After a while, the Seminar Ends. and the Seeker heads back to his lab to contemplate this new knowledge of the ‘Dimensional Tearing’ ritual. Wilissen contemplates other uses for it, could perhaps the Dimensional Displacement be circumvented, for example, what is the exact quantity of matter that is considered ‘Foreign’, surely some particulate could remain…? What does this phenomenon have to say about the nature of the Brikverse at large? This line of query is most interesting to him. Perhaps it will reveal the ‘Truth’ they all strive towards, That would surely earn the adoration of the Grand Matron, most intelligent of all. Merely her praise would be sufficient to make this man happier than any other, not out of any ‘romantic’ affection, but a love for the ideals, for the cause. His dedication comes from a place of love.
"If you liberate my Gulag one more time..."- Green

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Re: [BF20] [Anno] From A Place Of Love

Post by Bragallot » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:54 pm

Lmao, you had me with that opening line.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Gorvoslov
Officer

Post by Gorvoslov » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:12 pm

I don't know whether I want to award bonus points or dock points for that opening line, it's just fantastic. So instead, I will ignore it completely so I don't have to think anymore.

From A Place of Love
Concept and Theme: 10 - Satirizing fandom is always a win in my books so easy points.
Form: 8 - It gets it's point across.
Voice: 9 - Pretty related to your stuff.
Style: 19 - Again, you satirized fandom which tickles my cerebral engagement.
Presentation: 10 - Can't see much to dock on.

Total: 46
Total (Tiebreaker): 56

SirZaphod
Nice Dubs

Post by SirZaphod » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:09 pm

Concepts and theme: 8 Now this is a theme I have not seen in a long time and I am glad to. I have to admit a younger me would have found this hilarious but now being a over a million it is more nostalgic.

Form: 9 The flow is good, it moves well from the introduction of the lecture in to the core concept of how to both get an anima girl and also how to keep said girl, and then ending with a good use of the phrase “after a while, the lecture Ends”.

Voice: 7 Though the story is well written I never felt engaged and found myself almost skimming over the sci-fi gobbledygook.

Style: 16 The story picked a lane and stuck with it well. Being from what is now an older generation this is not the first or third time I have seen the “trying to summon anima girls” trop.

Total: 40
Spoiler
Show
Presentation: 9 minor capitalization errors.

Bolicob12
Officer

Post by Bolicob12 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:58 am

Concept and Theme -- 10
Form -- 7
Voice -- 6
Style -- 18
TIEBREAKER CATEGORY--Presentation -- 6