Need help

Looking for players in your area? Announcements and discussion of upcoming battles in your location

Moderator: Tuefish

Eve55
Champion
Champion

Need help

Post by Eve55 » Fri May 08, 2020 5:04 am

New to brink wars but not to lego. How do you guys come up with army and campaign scenario ideas? I feel a little limited by the pieces. I have because my collection didn't have much clear direction for the most part
we enter the world alone
we leave the world alone

Archduke
a line of angrily mashed out gibberish

Re: Need help

Post by Archduke » Fri May 08, 2020 7:19 am

If you want to make your army seem more cohesive, start by seeing what other people have done, take inspiration from their ideas but don't directly copy them unless you're making a cameo. (someone else's faction showing up in your stories.)
The best way to make your army stand out is by centering them around a unique concept, like being an order of bodyguards for hire, or a militant grocery company, or a group of wandering space traders.

Don't worry about the size of your collection being too much of a limiting factor, if you have the resources to augment it with bricklink orders that's great, but if you don't, just remember that people like quality builds and cool-looking troops just as much as they like big armies with tons of vehicles. Also, picking a few colors for your army and primarily sticking to them gives them a really unified theme. If you can't do that, then make them some kind of militia or hero's organization. Also, make sure your pictures are well lit and clear, good photography can really make a soap or battle.

I hope at least some of this helps!
Natalya wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:53 pm
Why would anyone get banned for this?

Cracjaw
Minifig

Re: Need help

Post by Cracjaw » Fri May 08, 2020 4:48 pm

The way I come up with scenarios is I look at history/whatothershavedone, and build off that. I have a battle I'm about to run that I'm basing off D-Day and Iwo jima. But I have another plan ready that is based of ZZD, and Goatse bunker. Or just get some flashcards and write setting, plot, and other stuff on them and choose some randomly.
Yeah, you know who I am

:studgod: