RAGNABLOK 2012 - DISCUSSING & ORGANIZING

Looking for players in your area? Announcements and discussion of upcoming battles in your location

Moderator: Tuefish

RoC77
Galidor
Galidor
Location: PEACH! The offical lotion of strippers across the country......

Post by RoC77 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:26 pm

redcapscorner
Champion
Champion

Post by redcapscorner » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:38 pm

I don't want to push for anything. I've only been actively posting on here for a few days now, and I have no intention of being pushy or stepping on anybody's toes. I just wanted to make sure I put the offer on the table as a host, as I believe I'm in a fairly unique position to help out.

My store is well-lit, it's easily accessible by public transportation in a city with an international airport, and it currently contains nine 6' folding tables, four 8' folding tables, and three home-made 4'x6' extra tall wooden tables with cubbies all around the edges, built with the express purpose of war-gaming and/or roleplaying usage. We're also a vendor of snack-foods, complete with a soda machine in the play area and bottles of water up front, and will soon be a vendor of mini-figures (in case anybody needs any last minute additions for their army), not to mention we're located on a college campus, nearby a wide variety of eateries as well as a 24-hour grocery store. Our regular hours on the weekends are 11AM to 10PM but we frequently stay open much later when an event requires it (as late as 7AM for Magic prerelease tournaments).

And maybe most importantly, we can host this sort of an event without the need for someone to pay a lot of money up front to rent a hall. We're actively trying to host Brik Wars events anyway, so we'd happily provide the space for free as part of our regularly scheduled events line-up. Also, if there's enough interest, we'd be happy to try to arrange some sort of discounted rate at a nearby hotel for out-of-towners. That's a long way off, obviously, and I'd like to think we'd have enough room for everybody without anyone having to pay hotel bills, but I think it's something we could arrange if there's enough demand.

I recognize that the Midwest would be more centrally located, and I respect that, and I'll absolutely travel to whatever location is chosen, but I think my space offers a lot of upsides, and the offer's on the table. I just want to make sure everyone's aware of what we have going for us.

Thanks, dudes!

Abaddon127
Champion
Champion

Post by Abaddon127 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:14 pm

I think that Philly sounds like an outstanding location for RagnaBrik 2012. I am most definitely willing to travel there from my state.

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:22 pm

Will there be a coffin vendor for the extinction event?

OREMAWESOME1234
Cannon Fodder

Post by OREMAWESOME1234 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:32 pm

Abaddon127 wrote:I think that Philly sounds like an outstanding location for RagnaBrik 2012. I am most definitely willing to travel there from my state.
same here

Cpl. Halan
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cpl. Halan » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:51 pm

Pwnerade wrote:
Cpl. Halan wrote:Seems like a lot of people are able to get to Philly and St. Louis would just be harder for more people. If we host it in the middle of the country, it will be closer to everyone but we would all have problems with it but many people can get to Philly and anyone in California would have a long ways to go either way. Besides, I only saw 1 person object to Philly.
Long-assed drive either way for me.
Exactly, if you're too far out, it will be extremely far either way and we have a game store already in Philly that has offered to host.
Fire, Fire, burning bright
Burning down the house tonight

Heroism is not the ability to kick ass. It is the willingness to use this ability on any poor bastard who so much as looks at you funny.

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:46 pm

In my opinion, if it was in Cali(and i could make my own decisions) i would drive there. But Philly is a good location for a lot of people and we have a willing host. Sounds good to me! Nobody said you had to go, but it would be great to match the text to the face and i hope you do too. I know I'm going for that purpose and to have a true Brikwar for once!
Holy shit, I'm still here?

Ham
A 701 error is fine too.
A 701 error is fine too.

Post by Ham » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:29 pm

Give the distance of the nearest Trader Joe's from the store. Then I'll make my decision. :iwolf:
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.
Wightbagel died for our sins.

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:04 pm

I pass a Trader Joe's on my way to/from Philly, Ham. You can just send me your order and I'll bring it 8)
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:08 pm

But, for the record, the nearest Trader Joe's is 2.49 miles from Red Cap's gaming store 8)
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

redcapscorner
Champion
Champion

Post by redcapscorner » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:13 am

The nearest Trader Joe's is indeed two and a half miles away, but less than two blocks away there's a Fresh Grocer, which may work just as well for you. They have plenty of overpriced vegetarian food, including those rad Sunneen sandwiches like the power sandwich, or the all pro sandwich, or the dill-lucious sandwich.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:12 am

I can get to Philly pretty easily actually. I have friends of family there that I can crash with for a few days.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:15 pm

All I want to know is who'll be picking me up from the airport and taking me there?

Tzan

Post by Tzan » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:23 pm

We can send a driver to pick you up.

redcapscorner
Champion
Champion

Post by redcapscorner » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:44 pm

I'm sure a ride from the airport could be arranged, but honestly there's a train that goes from the Philadelphia International Airport to a station about five or six blocks from our store. And if that walk is too long, you can take the train to the next station and then catch the subway to a stop less than two blocks from our store.