Brikwars MTG

Design and development of games, Brik-related or otherwise. Includes BrikWaRPGS.

Moderators: Blitzen, Almighty Benny

Quadruple.Digits
Nice TRIPS

Re: Brikwars MTG

Post by Quadruple.Digits » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:50 pm

Ok, made a few cards. See what you think.
Walkers:
Spoiler
Show
ImageImageImageImageImage
Note for Warhead: Triggering his -10 for lethal will kill him before you gain the emblem, and the emblem will not trigger for permanents destroyed due to the legendary replacement rule.
And I'm not sure about Zahru's ultimate, but giving everything regenerate seems decent. Just need to remedy the reminder text.
FedoraNuker/Colette is an experiment, being a Dual-Faced Planeswalker. It should work alright...

STDs:
Spoiler
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hopefully this will be a cycle of STDs - like the Emissaries of Theros, one for each color.

Other:
Spoiler
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
The Hero of Purple has my take on the Redshirt ability.

Looking at the colors, we need more Green factions. I nominate Medivo (all of it) - it seems to fit the most. Just hybridize the colors for extra alignments (eg BG for evil kingdoms, etc).

And last but not least, Brikthulu:
Quantumsurfer wrote:We are brikwarsian moral failures.

Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Post by Vami IV » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:29 am

Kind of OP, but it IS Brikthulu after all.

EDIT:
Those are some cool cards. Must make some of my own.

M220
Minifig

Post by M220 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:12 am

Exams, you say? That's quite some time you've got to spare.
Mnds are like parachutes. Just because you've lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:47 pm

10 Poison is all you need to kill someone. There's little to no reason to make him a 20/20 when he's unblockable.

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Post by Battlegrinder » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:35 pm

Zupponn wrote:10 Poison is all you need to kill someone. There's little to no reason to make him a 20/20 when he's unblockable.
Given that you auto-lose whenever he's summoned, I suppose the fact that he's unblockable doesn't really matter.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:58 pm

Zupponn wrote:10 Poison is all you need to kill someone. There's little to no reason to make him a 20/20 when he's unblockable.
Yeah but it's Brikthulhu so fuck it.

Really, he should be a 09/37

Quadruple.Digits
Nice TRIPS

Post by Quadruple.Digits » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:57 pm

IVhorseman wrote:
Yeah but it's Brikthulhu so fuck it.
Exactly my reasoning.
I was also considering giving him "Fading 2," so he'd be a limited-time offer. But then you'd probably complain even more.
The only way I see anything surviving Brikthulu's wrath - be it player or creature - is to have Merila, Sylvok Outcast on field and take him to the face, and even that wouldn't work.

Anyway, enough on the OP joke card, what about the others?
Last edited by Quadruple.Digits on Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:44 pm

Nope, I'm not satisfied with BrikThulhu yet. The cost seems off to me.

20 colorless? Not good enough. I'm thinking 6 blue, 6 black, 6 infraviolet.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:28 pm

I mean you can also always just counter Brikthulu, right?
Quadruple.Digits wrote:Anyway, enough on the OP joke card, what about the others?
Hatredcopter and Hyperion are both too expensive with relatively lackluster abilities. The charge counters are too slow to mean much of anything so I'm pretty sure they're both gonna end up just being dead cards. I do like the STD Assembly line a lot however. I can see how you could cheat in a mega tank using it, but ultimately that's still a huge gamble

Quadruple.Digits
Nice TRIPS

Post by Quadruple.Digits » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:42 pm

Well, if you want to get particular about Brikthulu, how about an alternative:

Brikthulu - (2/R) (2/W) (2/G) BBBB UUUU (Infraviolet)x4 (CMC 18)
When Brikthulu enters the battlefield, if you didn't cast it from your hand, you lose the game.
Brikthulu is uncounterable.
Cumulmative Upkeep: Pay 5 life.
Shroud, Indestructible, Infect.
Brikthulu can only be blocked by three or more creatures.
20/20

This way, Brikthulu will bleed out the controlling player; remember indestructibility does not stop sacrifice. His Indestructibility plus Shroud takes only the strongest removal. His attacking ability will destroy the blockers with his infect, and if unblocked will instakill players (he has infect in the first place so players with >20 life still die). But the controlling player will only be able to control him for 2 attacking turns or banhammer themselves through the upkeep cost, so he won't be around forever.

Maybe also an 'insanity' effect could be added - decrease the casting cost, but apply an insane mill effect to the caster, really putting the pressure on them.
e.g. Insanity BBBB UUUU (Infraviolet)x4 - Brikthulu may be cast for its Insanity cost. If it is, the controlling player put all except the last five cards of their library into their graveyard.

Any complaints from the forum R&D? If not, I'm going ahead and making this version. With the Insanity rule.

---
IVhorseman wrote:I mean you can also always just counter Brikthulu, right?
Not anymore.
IVhorseman wrote:Hatredcopter and Hyperion are both too expensive with relatively lackluster abilities. The charge counters are too slow to mean much of anything so I'm pretty sure they're both gonna end up just being dead cards. I do like the STD Assembly line a lot however. I can see how you could cheat in a mega tank using it, but ultimately that's still a huge gamble
So for the Hatredcopter and Hyperion, I up the charge counters and drop the cost, to 4 Charge counters and CMC of 6(2/A)(2/B). The main difference between the Apocalypse vehicles and the STDs is the fact they can damage players too, so I wanted the Tap attack to be slightly less powerful - taking 8 to the face is just *slightly* OP. I want to make this another cycle - have the larger STDs as the 'Apocalypse vehicles'. I've lined up Natalya's AC as GW, and Kaplan's Panzer Grösse as UW - that leaves six more.

The reason I made the Factory in the first place is to STDs viable, especially in a dedicated deck. Note that you play the STD before you draw, meaning you have had to hold this card for an entire turn before you can play it for free.

Also: Warhead's +1 is a bit underwhelming. It should deal 2 damage/give 2 life.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:52 pm

If you ask me, Brikthulhu should just be entirely uncastable, and just a terrible card overall.

Warhead's +1 is indeed very weak - especially since you're discarding a card. Overall, Zahru is much much better than Warhead is, even if he is just a removal machine.

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:59 am

IVhorseman needs to be a 4/20 creature with Defender.

IVhorseman's Wheelchair should be an Equipment that has "Equipped creature gains "T: This creature deals damage equal to its toughness to another target creature.""

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:14 pm

Zupponn wrote:IVhorseman needs to be a 4/20 creature with Defender.

IVhorseman's Wheelchair should be an Equipment that has "Equipped creature gains "T: This creature deals damage equal to its toughness to another target creature.""
"If IVhorseman is blocked by a Wall, IVhorseman is removed from play."
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Vami IV

Post by Vami IV » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:15 am

stubby wrote:
Zupponn wrote:IVHorseman needs to be a 4/20 creature with Defender.

IVHorseman's Wheelchair should be an Equipment that has "Equipped creature gains "T: This creature deals damage equal to its toughness to another target creature.""
"If IVHorseman is blocked by a Wall, IVHorseman is removed from play turns into Angry Cripple."
Whenever a wall is destroyed, draw a card and place a +1/+1 counter on IVHorseman

Quadruple.Digits
Nice TRIPS

Post by Quadruple.Digits » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:03 am

Vami IV wrote:
stubby wrote:
Zupponn wrote:IVHorseman needs to be a 4/20 creature with Defender.

IVHorseman's Wheelchair should be an Equipment that has "Equipped creature gains "T: This creature deals damage equal to its toughness to another target creature.""
"If IVHorseman is blocked by a Wall, IVHorseman is removed from play turns into Angry Cripple."
Whenever a wall is destroyed, draw a card and place a +1/+1 counter on IVHorseman
:???:

Why is this funny. Pls explain.
Then I shall make card.