Newbish n00b questions, MkII

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Re: Newbish n00b questions, MkII

Post by Gungnir » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:26 pm

Steel_Valkyrie wrote:Hey, so I have some questions about what happens when you fail a use roll with a missile system. I have a size 4 launcher firing exp size 4 or 5 missiles, and with a use of 8, they often miss. The rulebook says you just factor them in as missing, but how? I was doing some playtesting, and even with the rudimentary system I had, (Direction=d8, inches=d10) they still managed to wreck everything. I took out an entire squad in one shot. clearly that's op. Any advice for a better Missed shot system for missiles? The rulebook is a little vague there.
I usually just say it hits X inches away, where X is the number you failed the roll by times the size of the weapon, and then throw a stumble die to figure out which direction.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

Steel_Valkyrie
Also sounding like a whiny bitch

Post by Steel_Valkyrie » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:43 pm

Gungnir wrote:
Steel_Valkyrie wrote:Hey, so I have some questions about what happens when you fail a use roll with a missile system. I have a size 4 launcher firing exp size 4 or 5 missiles, and with a use of 8, they often miss. The rulebook says you just factor them in as missing, but how? I was doing some playtesting, and even with the rudimentary system I had, (Direction=d8, inches=d10) they still managed to wreck everything. I took out an entire squad in one shot. clearly that's op. Any advice for a better Missed shot system for missiles? The rulebook is a little vague there.
I usually just say it hits X inches away, where X is the number you failed the roll by times the size of the weapon, and then throw a stumble die to figure out which direction.
Okay, yeah, I think that'll work better, gives it more spread. still, it's going to be terrifying. Fun.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:47 am

A size 4 launcher can only fire maximum size 4 explosives.

Your enemy decides the worst possible place it could go within X inches, and that's where it goes.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:51 am

stubby wrote:Your enemy decides the worst possible place it could go within X inches, and that's where it goes.
Are we using the same variable here? Or did I pull mine out of my ass?

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:14 pm

In the official rules, X is just the number you failed the roll by. But multiplying by the weapon size is pretty funny, I like that as an optional rule.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Steel_Valkyrie

Post by Steel_Valkyrie » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:20 pm

stubby wrote:In the official rules, X is just the number you failed the roll by. But multiplying by the weapon size is pretty funny, I like that as an optional rule.
Chaos and destruction is good.

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:01 pm

How would Stunt Driving work with a mech? Giant Robot Parkour?

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:04 pm

Gungnir wrote:How would Stunt Driving work with a mech? Giant Robot Parkour?
Flips

Steel_Valkyrie

Post by Steel_Valkyrie » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:40 pm

If a Minifig has Multiple hands/arms or whatever, can he only use one weapon a Turn? And if a normal minific has a small CC weapon and a pistol, can he use both?

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:44 pm

Steel_Valkyrie wrote:If a Minifig has Multiple hands/arms or whatever, can he only use one weapon a Turn? And if a normal minific has a small CC weapon and a pistol, can he use both?
Minifigs have the same power constraints as other creations, but they would need multiple minds to attack multiple targets.

Steel_Valkyrie

Post by Steel_Valkyrie » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:48 pm

Gungnir wrote:
Steel_Valkyrie wrote:If a Minifig has Multiple hands/arms or whatever, can he only use one weapon a Turn? And if a normal minific has a small CC weapon and a pistol, can he use both?
Minifigs have the same power constraints as other creations, but they would need multiple minds to attack multiple targets.
Ooh, that gives me some fun ideas for Piltogg steampunk mechs, but anyway, would that mean, that, like vehicles, they can use either long- or short-range weapon groups?

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:26 pm

Steel_Valkyrie wrote:
Gungnir wrote:
Ooh, that gives me some fun ideas for Piltogg steampunk mechs, but anyway, would that mean that, like vehicles, they can use either long- or short-range weapon groups?
Assuming they can carry that many, then yes.

Steel_Valkyrie

Post by Steel_Valkyrie » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:05 pm

Alrighty. Thank you for the clarification.

bann154
bann is the mann

Post by bann154 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:50 pm

Ok im slightly confused by energy shields. So it says "A Creation protected by Energy Shields may spend an Energy Shield die to be Shielded against an incoming Damage die of that type " does that mean for that turn its shielded from that type of attack die say 1d6 or is it simply for that attack? Or does it mean that it gets additional armor of one dice for that attack?

Also what could be considered armor plating? Plates? Smooth plates? Is it possible to have more than one level of shielded?
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:26 pm

bann154 wrote:Is it possible to have more than one level of shielded?
Yes. You can have a shielded bonus from heavy armor and an additional shielded bonus from a heavy shield. However, abusing that could make games boring