BW 2010 Statcard Generator

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Re: BW 2010 Statcard Generator

Post by Silent-sigfig » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:51 pm

Silent-sigfig wrote:I don't know if this is still being worked on, but the ability to set up minifig units would be awesome.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:18 pm

I agree that is the only thing missing for this to be perfect. I have already been using this extensively.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

WestNordOst
Officer

Post by WestNordOst » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:59 pm

New version! Many changes, and thus maybe many bugs! Please give feedback and bug reports!

MAIN FEATURE: new poker card layout for more space for absurd flavor texts and more importantly, suitable for professional print (300dpi also, the other is 200dpi)! You won't believe how much work it was to implement that.
Additionally, lots of fixes and improvement regarding the rendering of the statcard. Now is the time to rerender/reprint your cards! :-)

The poker statcard layout is courtesy of Peter Sanderson
  • 2 download options: 1. one PNG as foldable to print our yourself - with black border, no bleed, 2. two PNGs for front and back for professional print - with bleed
  • improve the coloring of the statcard: the hue and saturation is applied with 100% intensity now (same as PhotoShop/Gimp buttplug "Color"). Though, other than with this buttplug, it is also possible to make the statcard darker and brighter by choosing darker / lighter colors.
  • Add new colorable area: the brick
  • fix previously selected statcard color was not cleared before, so that some of the old color bled into the new one
  • you can now use PNG images with transparency with no problem as title images
  • fixed the title image renderer to be able to display the picture in a frame that is not quadratic
  • fixed: the background of the backside area is now a bit darker than absolute white (like the specialities field on the front side) instead of transparent. This bug was introduced with the watermarks feature
  • use original Goudy font instead of Alegreya. Alegreya is also a nice font, but Goudy is the one used in Rayhawk's original statcard template. If you want to compare them, open up the JS console, type layouts.classic.serif = "Alegreya"; and change something on the statcard so that it gets rerendered. Opinions?
  • fix trivial indentation issues in the statcard
  • only display header row for weapons, specialities and additional protection in the form if there is at least one item in the list
  • change possible zoom range for the title image to "minimum required zoom to fit the image into the frame" <----> "maximum possible zoom before the image would print out blurry"

WestNordOst
Officer

Post by WestNordOst » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:16 pm

Is there anything in the rules about custom armor levels?

Valiant
Don't Steal My Tanks (They're Copyrighted)

Post by Valiant » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:44 pm

Pass my thanks onto Sanderson for the Poker layout, he did a swell job on it.

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:11 pm

Very nice. I don't think there is anything in the rules about custom armor levels, although i think house armor and cost rules could be worked around by letting us manually set the final cost and armor level is possible?
BFenix wrote:

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:09 am

My only complant would be, that letters like Ą Ć Ę Ł Ń Ó Ś Ź Ż ą ć ę ł ń ó ś ź ż can't be used as a valid file name, as the saved statcard can't be opened properly afterwards, while umlauts (Ä Ö Ü ä ö ü) seem to work fine.
But that is just a minor complaint, as I'm pretty satisfied with the overall effort you made there. Great job!
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

WestNordOst
Officer

Post by WestNordOst » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:13 pm

Regarding the house rules, modified CP cost etc:

I do not intend to implement this. My argument is that if you wish this kind of flexibility, you can simply use the PSD template and fill everything in to your liking.
However, if for some reason you want to stick to this generator, let me tell you that you can "hack" the statcard generator and manipulate the data to some degree. It's simple: First, open up the developer console (Firefox: rightclick->Inspect Element->Console, Chrome: Ctrl+Shift+I -> Console), then manipulate the moc object. The console has an autocomplete feature, so finding the right data point should be easy. To rerender the text on the statcard, call statcard.drawForeground();

Example:

Code: Select all

moc.cost = 999;
moc.structure.armorLevel = 8;
statcard.drawForeground();
Of course, I won't offer any support for this, you are on your on there.

@Dürer
Which browser are you using? Which OS? Can you tell me an example string that does not work? I, for one, have no problem opening "Ą Ć Ę Ł Ń Ó Ś Ź Ż ą ć ę ł ń ó ś ź ż Statcard.png"

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:14 pm

WestNordOst wrote: @Dürer
Which browser are you using? Which OS? Can you tell me an example string that does not work? I, for one, have no problem opening "Ą Ć Ę Ł Ń Ó Ś Ź Ż ą ć ę ł ń ó ś ź ż Statcard.png"
Currently using Opera on Windows 7.
Winning Contest Entries
Show

WestNordOst
Officer

Post by WestNordOst » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:01 pm

I just tested it on Opera, Windows 7. No problems. The thing is, if the filename contained characters that are not supported on your filesystem, you shouldn't even be able to save it in the first place. On which filesystem do you try to save it?

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:38 pm

According to what my PC says, it is NTFS.
Winning Contest Entries
Show

bluebright
Officer

Post by bluebright » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:24 pm

Valiant wrote:Pass my thanks onto Sanderson for the Poker layout, he did a swell job on it.
Thanks accepted ;)

Great job the generator WestNord, it looks great!

WestNordOst
Officer

Post by WestNordOst » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:57 pm

Dürer, thats the same configuration as I have. Sorry, I can't reproduce it. The only thing that I could think of that you try to open the image in some obscure program that enforces its own idea on "valid filenames". (Not saying that those "obscure programs" couldn't be the Windows Explorer, Adobe Photoshop etc.)

Also, small bugfix update:
  • identical bastard weapons were sometimes not grouped together
  • a paragraph spacing was missing after the flavor text and before the weapons table
  • there was a tiny graphic glitch on the title text (name) of the statcard

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:50 pm

WestNordOst wrote:Regarding the house rules, modified CP cost etc:

I do not intend to implement this. My argument is that if you wish this kind of flexibility, you can simply use the PSD template and fill everything in to your liking.

Some people don't have photoshop.
BFenix wrote:

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:51 am

When I try to enter the console it says "failed to load resource: server responded with status 404"
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.