Do Explosive Blasts Go Through Walls?

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

AZKAMAT
Minifig

Do Explosive Blasts Go Through Walls?

Post by AZKAMAT » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:16 pm

Well, do they?

I had an argument in my most recent Brikwars game where my opponent hit the turret front of a light tank with a Size 2 Rocket and, without making any rolls at all for the turret armor (to see if it was blown off, for example), insisted that the gunner in the turret was hit by the explosion. Dude was fully concealed from the blast by his turret's armor. I called shit-dipped baloney, and it went south from there.

So essentially, do explosive blasts go straight through solid obstacles like vehicle armor or stone walls? If so, I've been playing this game all wrong for 3 1/2 years, what with rolling to see if those obstacles get blown through first.

I think it's worth noting that my opponent declared he was "just following the unclear and arbitrary rules of the game," to which I was like :???: .
Check out mah BOL's of STIL! http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16612

Kant b'leev uh wun! Image

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Re: Do Explosive Blasts Go Through Walls?

Post by Gungnir » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:13 pm

Did either of you suggest a WISG roll?
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

AZKAMAT
Minifig

Post by AZKAMAT » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:33 pm

Gungnir wrote:Did either of you suggest a WISG roll?
Of course; I assumed readers would take that as a given. The point also does not answer my question.
Check out mah BOL's of STIL! http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16612

Kant b'leev uh wun! Image

Maddox
Hero

Post by Maddox » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:27 am

It's quite simple.
When a grenade-sized Explosive goes off, it creates a blast of Explosion Damage (Exp) that affects all objects within two inches.
All objects includes minifigs. If it's on 2" range, it takes the damage.

Though I think the Creation would protect the minifig. If the gunner was completely covered by the wall, the damage should've hit first at the turret armor.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:06 am

Huh. There used to be a specific paragraph in the rules about this, but now I can't find it. I wonder if I edited it out because it seemed too common-sense, like only someone who was being deliberately obtuse would think explosions passed through solid walls if they didn't destroy them first.

I'll work on adding an example to Explosives in chapter 3 to cover it, just in case.
AZKAMAT wrote:I think it's worth noting that my opponent declared he was "just following the unclear and arbitrary rules of the game," to which I was like :???: .
The rulebook spends more time specifically telling him not to follow unclear and arbitrary rules than it does giving unclear and arbitrary rules in the first place, so it's hard to take this excuse seriously.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?