Diemons, how do they attack?

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

AlAtEx
Champion
Champion

Diemons, how do they attack?

Post by AlAtEx » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:32 pm

Simple as that, how are diemons meant to attack?

Vason
Hero

Re: Diemons, how do they attack?

Post by Vason » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:50 pm

Step 6: Have a Supernatural Minifig with a Cliché that allows for Summoning. Examples include D&D style Wizards, Druids and Clerics, JRPG characters, or sockpuppeting forum trolls.

Step 7: Spend one of their SN Dice to summon the Diemon. The Diemon will have the base stats listed in the Diemon section, and the die spent will stay spent until the Diemon is killed or unsummoned. The Diemon may be further augmented with SN Dice as normal, using the SN Dice rules.

Step 8: Assuming an unaugmented, basic Diemon, on their turn they may use their die to either move, or use an Action. Diemon don't seem to have a natural attack listed, so I would guess that either they are meant not to, and must use picked up weapons; or are meant to be treated as Vermin, and have a (Use:1, Damage:1) attack.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:46 pm

That's right. Diemons don't have any built-in attack, although 4pions can do 1d4 Fire damage just by touching things, 6creants are big enough to pick up weapons and use them, and 10amytes can blow up like bombs. But most of the time, if you want to make attacks with diemons, you have to augment them with more SN dice. Otherwise they're mostly just good for sending around on minor errands (d8vians are good for flying around and retrieving objects, for instance) and distracting people.

It might be funny to give diemons the ability to cast themselves as SN dice once they reach a target, but that might be overpowering them. Hard to say.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Post by Omega Prime » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:29 pm

where can I find this Diemon section?
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat

DatGuy
Hero

Post by DatGuy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:33 pm

In the SN dice section
at the back of the rules
You are like a man who fires gunshots at the barn, then paints a target around the biggest cluster of hits and claims to be a sharpshooter.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:56 am

Omega Prime wrote:where can I find this Diemon section?

http://brikwars.com/rules/2010/d.htm
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?