Energy Shields and MOCs

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Energy Shields and MOCs

Post by Bragallot » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:37 am

If you put an Energy Shield on a Creation, does the Energy Shield have to be the same size as the Creation to be able to shield it fully? It seems to make sense that way but I'm not sure if I understood it correctly.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Re: Energy Shields and MOCs

Post by RedRover » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:34 am

I think it depends how much of it you want shielded.is it an energy shield on the arm of a mech or like a whole drodeka bubble shield

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:17 am

Personally I'd solve this with shield generator components and SN dice. Put a few briks as generators on whatever surfaces you want to defend, then they add Xd10 to protect from whatever attacks coming from that direction. There's also the benefit of being able to use the fumbled dice to add to the damage, to keep it fair.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:09 am

Falk wrote:Personally I'd solve this with shield generator components and SN dice. Put a few briks as generators on whatever surfaces you want to defend, then they add Xd10 to protect from whatever attacks coming from that direction. There's also the benefit of being able to use the fumbled dice to add to the damage, to keep it fair.
This is a neat idea. On a 1 it crit fails and it actually rolled against the armor of addition to he attack?

1d6 + 1 rifle damage to a 2d10 armored mech with a 1d10 shield generator could actually be interesting

Falk

Post by Falk » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:19 am

I believe that's the intention of the SN dice system.

From Chapter D in the 2018 Rulebook:
Whenever a SuperNatural Die rolls a "1," it doesn't add anything to its Aspect. Instead, it turns into a traitorous Fumble Die, and is handed over to an opponent of the player's choice to use in sabotaging the Effect. The enemy may use the Fumble Die for any Aspect, adding or subtracting in whatever way seems best designed to thwart the Effect the enemy's favor - for instance, sending the Effect in the wrong direction, or causing it to strengthen a target rather than harm it. The only limitation is that the opposing player must come up with a story to explain why the Effect Fumbled in that particular way.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:43 am

Falk wrote:Personally I'd solve this with shield generator components and SN dice. Put a few briks as generators on whatever surfaces you want to defend, then they add Xd10 to protect from whatever attacks coming from that direction. There's also the benefit of being able to use the fumbled dice to add to the damage, to keep it fair.
So it's not a Deflection type of shield but more like ablative xd10 armor?
Natalya wrote:Warhammer doesn't sell well because the models are good; it sells because of the awesome universe created around the models.

Falk

Post by Falk » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:48 am

Ok so after reading the field hazards section of the rule book, energy shields give deflection to a certain area, but they cost power.

I guess it depends on if you'd rather have the SN 1d10 with a possibility of bad roll or fumble, or deflection in a certain area at the cost of weapons power.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:56 pm

Bragallot wrote:If you put an Energy Shield on a Creation, does the Energy Shield have to be the same size as the Creation to be able to shield it fully? It seems to make sense that way but I'm not sure if I understood it correctly.
The Field it generates has to be large enough to cover whatever it's protecting. The shield generators can be any size.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?