Counters and cone of vision

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Counters and cone of vision

Post by Bragallot » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:14 pm

Can a Minifig parry or bail against an attack if he doesn't see it coming? It doesn't say they can't in the rule book, but because they need to be able to see stuff to attack it or shoot it I'm kinda assuming that they do.

Usually what I do if they are attacked from behind by a Minifig that didn't stray into their cone of vision during any part of their movement is I don't let them parry or bail but I do let them counterattack if they survive the strike or if it misses (since naturally this would alert them to the enemy's presence).

Maybe I should make an exception for heroes, 'cos heroes are known to always turn around at the right time when the bad guy is sneaking up behind them.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Re: Counters and cone of vision

Post by RedRover » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:03 pm

I think this makes a lot of sense!

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:33 am

http://brikwars.com/rules/2010/4.htm
Cone of Vision
A Responding minifig must be aware of the specific action or movement to which he's reacting, and in a timely enough fashion to make a proper Response. In most cases, this means he has to be able to see it. If he sees an enemy soldier raise a rifle and take aim, he may have time to dive for cover; if all he knows is that he heard a gunshot, it's too late.

A minifig's Cone of Vision points in whichever direction his head is facing, and forty-five degrees to either side, making a complete cone of ninety degrees. If an object or event is within that field of view, the minifig can see it; if not, he can't. Whenever it's hard to tell whether or not an object falls within that cone, a quick What I Say Goes roll resolves the issue neatly.
Natalya wrote:Warhammer doesn't sell well because the models are good; it sells because of the awesome universe created around the models.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:13 pm

Right, I remember reading that now, thanks. :rtfm:
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?