Giant drills?

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

W!z4Rd
Demi-God of BrikWars

Giant drills?

Post by W!z4Rd » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:00 pm

How would a big drill, like the one in the Power Miners Thunder Driller or the Ninjago Cole's Earth Driller, function? Would it just work like a large melee weapon, or would it do some kind of special damage, or...? Ideas and/or rulebook explanations on the subject would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this is a newbish question :|
Blockheads. Blockheads EVERYWHERE

Venge
there are no brakes on the ban train

Re: Giant drills?

Post by Venge » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:13 pm

I don't think I've ever seen this addressed before actually. I would imagine it would function like a scaled-up chainsaw, so basically a giant meelee weapon, but with the grinding damage rules applied as well.
Formerly known as TheVengefulOne. Times banned by Natalya: 10 (+ 1 alt).

My BrikWars Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:25 pm

It comes up periodically. Everybody who sees that drill wants to kill stuff with it, it's only natural.

But yeah, standard practice is to just stat it as a big melee weapon. Grinding component damage would be thematic, but really you can just give it whatever damage type seems most appropriate for whatever attack you're making that turn.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Post by sahasrahla » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:11 pm

it has a special ability: Pierce the Heavens. if you do not believe in yourself, but believe in the me who believes in you, it gains the ability to grow to a potentially infinite size depending on how firmly you grasp the Power of Friendship

if you know what i mean