Page 102 of 103

Re: BW 2010 feedback

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:31 am
by Silent-sigfig
I feel like advantage/disadvantage and adding/removing dice is a way better system than a bunch of +/-X when it comes to special units and positioning.

Re: BW 2010 feedback

Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:05 am
by Texhnophille
I know the Reference Sheets are no game book but their info is kinda outdated (officers having 1d6+1 skill instead of rulebook's 1d8). Could you revise them at some point?

Re: BW 2010 feedback

Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:31 am
by BriksKrieg
This may be a me thing, but for examples of different weapons, have a different brikfaction for it? Like for machine-guns, have the example use a MG from the 45th Union, or for cannons, use one of Natalyias Assyrian tanks.
I've also noticed, theres no laser or energy type weapon stats. Could those be added/looked at?

Re: BW 2010 feedback

Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:05 pm
by Arkbrik
How is a laser gun different from a bullet gun?

Re: BW 2010 feedback

Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:09 pm
by Texhnophille
StalinsFavoriteKhat wrote:This may be a me thing, but for examples of different weapons, have a different brikfaction for it? Like for machine-guns, have the example use a MG from the 45th Union, or for cannons, use one of Natalyias Assyrian tanks.
I've also noticed, theres no laser or energy type weapon stats. Could those be added/looked at?
Thing is, all die damage types are occupied. d4 for fire/poison, d6 for guns, d8 for shotguns, d10 for explosives, d12 for phased, d20 for god knows what. The closest thing you're gonna have to an energy weapon is d12 phased, so it's better that you just make your own homebrew variation of regular d6 or blast d8 weapon. My d6 lasers, for example, roll d4s on critical successes instead of d6s.

Re: BW 2010 feedback

Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:53 pm
by sahasrahla
Arkbrik wrote:How is a laser gun different from a bullet gun?
lasers go zap, bullets go bang

Re: BW 2010 feedback

Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:41 am
by BriksKrieg
sahasrahla wrote:
Arkbrik wrote:How is a laser gun different from a bullet gun?
lasers go zap, bullets go bang
yeah, what he said.

Re: BW 2010 feedback

Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:40 pm
by Colette
Lizard Tyrant: well actually there's shit about knockback and physical opposition and stuff in the rulebook but I've never bothered to that level of detail
Salt for the Salt Throne: Yeah f*** the knock back they're just going to crash into each other and I'm going to roll some D sixes and then that amount of damage is going to get build-up to both
I think I captured some fairly authentic commentary on the collision rules (between me and Kastrenzo during one of Kastrenzo's chat battles) and figured I might as well leave it here.

Now that I think about it I might as well post some other observations I've had over the years of doing chat battles, but that takes effort so I'll do it later.

Re: BW 2010 feedback

Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:50 am
by Kastrenzo
Colette wrote:
Lizard Tyrant: well actually there's shit about knockback and physical opposition and stuff in the rulebook but I've never bothered to that level of detail
Salt for the Salt Throne: Yeah f*** the knock back they're just going to crash into each other and I'm going to roll some D sixes and then that amount of damage is going to get doled-out to both
:ftfy:


Also when you said that should go in the rulebook I thought you were referring to my rule of "when it doubt, round up the number of dice because glorious murderfucking :troll:

Re: BW 2010 feedback

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:22 am
by Arkbrik
Arkbrik: well actually there's shit about parries and counterattacks and stuff in the rulebook but I've never bothered to that level of detail
Also Arkbrik: Yeah f*** the parries they're just going to crash into each other and I'm going to roll some D sixes and then that amount of damage is going to get doled-out
My opinion on parries and counterattacks

Re: BW 2010 feedback

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:38 am
by Gungnir
Iif the Specialty requires Tools
Found a typo in Chapter D under the 8vians' description.

Re: BW 2010 feedback

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:00 pm
by dilanski
Gungnir wrote:
Iif the Specialty requires Tools
Found a typo in Chapter D under the 8vians' description.
Still fewer typo's than the Star Trek Adventures Rulebook (I am very salty over that purchase)

Re: BW 2010 feedback

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:05 pm
by stubby
Gungnir wrote:
Iif the Specialty requires Tools
Found a typo in Chapter D under the 8vians' description.
shit
dilanski wrote:Still fewer typo's than the Star Trek Adventures Rulebook (I am very salty over that purchase)
Haha I highlighted the text and googled and got a surprise. Who makes that? Modiphius? Maybe they'll be open to publishing a game that doesn't know how to spell "brick," I should hit them up

Re: BW 2010 feedback

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:50 pm
by dilanski
stubby wrote:
dilanski wrote:Still fewer typo's than the Star Trek Adventures Rulebook (I am very salty over that purchase)
Haha I highlighted the text and googled and got a surprise. Who makes that? Modiphius? Maybe they'll be open to publishing a game that doesn't know how to spell "brick," I should hit them up
Image

I did have to check if "ffffff" was a technical game term.

I have Tales From The Loop from Modiphius, and that book is an absolute joy, nicely laid out, easy to understand, fluff and rules clearly distinguishable. Oh, and gorgeously illustrated. It's a game I wish I had people to play with. Star Trek Adventures is... uh, none of those things. Sure 2d20 looks like a good system, I especially like the Threat mechanic, whereby players slowly give the GM the rope with which to hang themselves ("I just need an extra dice... it's only one more threat"). But the book? Everything is unnecessarily repeated, while plenty of rules are hidden in text. Oh and the art, for every beautifully done piece, there is something that looks like it was dredged up from an abandoned deviantart account.

Re: BW 2010 feedback

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:05 pm
by Gungnir
dilanski wrote:I did have to check if "ffffff" was a technical game term.
ffffff the Specialty requires Tools
guise i fixd it