Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:16 pm

There's the fabled Dungam mechas!

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:29 am

Yeah let us not confuse Dungan Jaw Jaws with the Dungam Mobile Suits. One is a boneriffic piece of crap invented by George Lucas, the other isn't.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:19 am

Here's the rough draft. It'd be better if the pilot had a name, but whatever:
Despite the passage of several Rekonstruktions after the tragic decline and Dimmification of the Teknik civilization, legends of their invincible Dungam mobile suit teknology continued to captivate Assyrian military researchers. With the rediscovery of the Teknik swamp world of Dungobah, the Armoured Core "Austere" was sent to survey for recoverable artifacts.

Upon entering the atmosphere, the AC found itself unprotected against the unexpectedly strong Dim Side effects generated by the stupidity of the planet, and the Austere's primary systems were knocked offline. Quick reflexes and backup Thrusters allowed the Pilot to avoid a crash landing, but the impact and swamp splatter drew the attention of hundreds of slavering bayou Dimmies, the devolved and stunted descendants of the noble Teknik lords of eons past.

Outraged by the quality of the AC's sound construction and consistent color scheme, the Dimmies attacked with everything they had: sticks, rocks, and their own swamp-muck-covered faces.

Irritated by the clattering and banging of the Dimmies scratching the paint job, the AC Pilot gave them the unofficial salute of impending Assyrian domination: the giant upraised middle finger of the Armoured Core. The warning did nothing to discourage the ineffective assault of the bayou Dimmies, who'd never seen a finger before and were not yet aware of the significance of Assyrian middle ones in particular. Enraged by their obliviousness, the Pilot used the finger to smash and skewer Dimmies with such ferocity that, even through their all-consuming stupidity, the surviving Dimmies were able to recognize the advantages of fleeing in terror.

No Dungam artifacts were located on that initial survey mission, but thanks to the assistance of Heroes from tribes of the newly-discovered Bayounikal species, the AC was able to escape from Dungobah and make its eventual return to Assyrian space. The Dimmy survivors, still consumed by fear and stupidity, took the obvious course of the fearful and the stupid and started a religion. Like many religions, its popularity and success were supercharged by the mind-boggling idiocy of its leaders, and even despite the limited contact between Dungobah and other worlds, the Cult of the Finger spread rapidly throughout the surrounding star systems and into extremist factions of Assyrian nationalists.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:12 pm

stubby wrote:Nope, there'll be a different unit for that, probably in Chapter 10 after I introduce Minds. I'm waffling between having it as an extended ability for the Medik, or making a new vivisection-focused unit called the Cybernetik.
Not sure if you've decided on this yet, but I think an extended medik ability would probably be the best way to go. Mediks bring life to the lifeless, and I think this would scale well with medieval-period battles as opposed to modern ones. The siege engineer can build a massive wooden monstrosity, but it takes a Priest to imbue it with a mind.

Alternatively the Cybrnetik can also just become an artificer/alchemist/necromancer or something to keep it period appropriate.

PS I'm back bitches, I got all my friends into brikwars and got nostalgic.
:belushi:

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:30 pm

HOLY SHIT.

It's IV.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:21 pm

IVhorseman wrote:
stubby wrote:Nope, there'll be a different unit for that, probably in Chapter 10 after I introduce Minds. I'm waffling between having it as an extended ability for the Medik, or making a new vivisection-focused unit called the Cybernetik.
Not sure if you've decided on this yet, but I think an extended medik ability would probably be the best way to go. Mediks bring life to the lifeless, and I think this would scale well with medieval-period battles as opposed to modern ones. The siege engineer can build a massive wooden monstrosity, but it takes a Priest to imbue it with a mind.

Alternatively the Cybrnetik can also just become an artificer/alchemist/necromancer or something to keep it period appropriate.

PS I'm back bitches, I got all my friends into brikwars and got nostalgic.
:belushi:
Good.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Post by samuelzz10 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:36 am

I don't know if any one has already suggested this, but you should add links in the back of the rulebook to notable scenarios, brik weapon/armor molders, and the best brikwar battles, and maybe some inspirational creations.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig
WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:02 pm

I've actually started doing this already in a sense - I'm taking the best photos and threads and using them as examples in the main text, with links back to the threads they come from.

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:58 pm

I'm not sure if it's just me or the rulebook isn't finished, but chapters 9-11
go to webhero.com

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:02 pm

Oh man stubby, you better get on that.

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:09 pm

L337 haxors have hax yore L337 rules!

HAL-9001
Officer

Post by HAL-9001 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:05 pm

That's just a standard 404 message (BrikWars is hosted by Webhero).
Heuristic ALgorithmic AFOL.
T6281: Solar Federation (Rules T6588)
T6777: Dungan Swarm
T6783: Space Pirates
T7349: BrikWars Vehicle Datasheet
T7402: Imperium Constructor

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:36 pm

Falk wrote:I'm not sure if it's just me or the rulebook isn't finished, but chapters 9-11
go to webhero.com
It's kind of been like that since...forever.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

IVhorseman

Re:

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:15 pm

Falk wrote:I'm not sure if it's just me or the rulebook isn't finished, but chapters 9-11
go to webhero.com
Oh yeah?

Falk

Re: Re:

Post by Falk » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:12 am

IVhorseman wrote:
go to webhero.com
Oh yeah?
Well, it works now :D my thanks to whoever did that.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page